Page 5146 of 5146
« First < 4146464650465096513651425143514451455146
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I would hope so, he was the first pick in the draft.

At the same time, he has not yet made it clear that he's worth it. And historically, you would expect only one of Williams or Daniels to pan out.
That’s a lot of mental gymnastics bro.

Nic sucks ass and you know it!!!
[Reply]
manchambo 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Nic sucks ass and you know it!!!
It's not. I don't know yet whether Nix is good or Williams is good. I suspect Daniels is but it's not out of the question he's not quite as good as he seems.

When was the last time the first two QBs taken both panned out?

I would say probably 2018, Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold, But that's stretching it a bit. Then you go to 2012, with Andrew Luck and RGIII.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Only the homerist of homers would use Williams' slow start as justification for the Donks drafting another bust.

The "see, Nix isnt the only rookie who's sucking" excuse doesn't change anything. Doinks are still stuck with a QB that isnt going to solve their QB issues.

What Williams ultimately becomes is irrelevant...

The D-tards are still in that denial phase where the eye test isnt matching their preseason hope/optimism...so they are looking for excuses. "Peyton Manning wasn't good as a rookie either"...like Nix is going to become the next Maninng...he just needs more time.
[Reply]
TEX 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Only the homerist of homers would use Williams' slow start as justification for the Donks drafting another bust.

The "see, Nix isnt the only rookie who's sucking" excuse doesn't change anything. Doinks are still stuck with a QB that isnt going to solve their QB issues.

What Williams ultimately becomes is irrelevant...

The D-tards are still in that denial phase where the eye test isnt matching their preseason hope/optimism...so they are looking for excuses. "Peyton Manning wasn't good as a rookie either"...like Nix is going to become the next Maninng...he just needs more time.
He needs to start taking HGH now!
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
He needs to start taking HGH now!
It's the Broncos way...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:37 PM Today
I would hope so, he was the first pick in the draft.

At the same time, he has not yet made it clear that he's worth it. And historically, you would expect only one of Williams or Daniels to pan out.
How many highly-drafted QBs make it clear that they're worth it immediately?

He's gotten better every game and has made some great plays.

If we're going to compare to Nix (who has shown very little in four games), keep in mind that, according to you guys, this was the most NFL-ready QB in years. Decades in fact, according to Q Joe. Lol.

It's clear to anyone with eyes that Williams has far more potential than Nix. And if I had to choose between the two to win a game right now, it would be Williams without question.
[Reply]
neech 05:51 PM Today
Trade Bo Nix for the NY Giants Drew Lock and give them next year's first rounder to boot.
[Reply]
manchambo 08:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
How many highly-drafted QBs make it clear that they're worth it immediately?

He's gotten better every game and has made some great plays.

If we're going to compare to Nix (who has shown very little in four games), keep in mind that, according to you guys, this was the most NFL-ready QB in years. Decades in fact, according to Q Joe. Lol.

It's clear to anyone with eyes that Williams has far more potential than Nix. And if I had to choose between the two to win a game right now, it would be Williams without question.
This just isn’t true. Nix improved through week three and won a game while Williams turned it over three times.

Nix wasn’t good in week four, but it really was raining hard and it really made both QBs play poorly. In fact, Nix managed to drive his team for a touchdown while Rodgers didn’t.

I don’t really know how many highly drafted QBs make it clear immediately. Darnold and Fields are both playing pretty well right now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:56 PM Today
Hey Pasta--remember this hot take you had in 2021 when Denver traded Von Miller to the Rams?
16 sacks ....in FOUR years? Yes...pasta was right....again. Thanks though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:58 PM Today
Did someone really call me out for saying post Denver Von was done? Seriously? :-) No wonder you all think Bo is good.
[Reply]
manchambo 09:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
16 sacks ....in FOUR years? Yes...pasta was right....again. Thanks though.
Will you ever share what happened to you? A stroke? An excess of chromosomes? I’m dying to know.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:07 PM Today
This just isn’t true. Nix improved through week three and won a game while Williams turned it over three times.

Nix wasn’t good in week four, but it really was raining hard and it really made both QBs play poorly. In fact, Nix managed to drive his team for a touchdown while Rodgers didn’t.

I don’t really know how many highly drafted QBs make it clear immediately. Darnold and Fields are both playing pretty well right now.
This makes me giggle
[Reply]
manchambo 09:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
This makes me giggle
So Rodgers couldn’t score a touchdown because Denver’s defense is so good?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:10 PM Today
Nix's passing game isn't hampered by rain
[Reply]
Page 5146 of 5146
« First < 4146464650465096513651425143514451455146
Up