Page 5126 of 5126
« First < 4126462650265076511651225123512451255126
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
:-). You don't see that reported. It doesn't fit the narrative.
[Reply]
DomCasual 10:31 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
As a Missouri Tigers fan, it's nice to see Badie being successful in the NFL. But, man, why does it have to be for the cheating Donks??? And what is it with Denver and former Mizzou players? Lock, Albert O, KAD, and now Badie?? I really want to see these guys be successful in the NFL. But not for the cheating Donks. Ugh! Thankfully Lock and Albert O are free of that cesspool. Hopefully Badie and KAD move on to a better team soon
Well, reverse that, and it's how I feel about the Utah Utes. Garrett Bolles. Cody Barton. Jonah Elliss. Devaughn Vele. Thomas Yassmin on the practice squad. Tim Patrick until just recently.

As a BYU fan, it's killed me.

And don't get me going about Kingsley Suamataia. :-)
[Reply]
DomCasual 10:35 PM Yesterday
:-). You don't see that reported. It doesn't fit the narrative.
It's not the volume. It's the timing.

Come on, man. You honestly can't understand where that comes from?

In a way, it's a complement. I'm not saying there is something sinister going on. The NFL protects its narratives. For years, it was the Patriots and Brady. Fans said it about the Broncos and Peyton. Now, it's the Chiefs and Mahomes.

The Kyle Pitts penalty last night? Come on. You can't see where people are coming from, at all?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DomCasual:

In a way, it's a complement. I'm not saying there is something sinister going on. The NFL protects its narratives. For years, it was the Patriots and Brady. Fans said it about the Broncos and Peyton. Now, it's the Chiefs and Mahomes.

The Kyle Pitts penalty last night? Come on. You can't see where people are coming from, at all?
Oh I can clearly see where they're coming from. They're coming from a biased jealous view. They only see what fits their narrative. They don't care that a hands to the face wasn't called when Jones was wrongly called for roughing the passer, that the drive was extended and resulted in a touchdown instead of a punt. Don't give me that BS about timing. Take that TD off the board and the Chiefs are up 2 scores at the end of the game and most likely out of reach. Moving the ball down the field on 3 big penalties for the Falcons on the final drive would be about timing too, right? There's no real argument to be made. There is no bias by the refs. Only bias in the haters seeing only what fits their biased narrative.
[Reply]
DomCasual 11:44 PM Yesterday
Oh I can clearly see where they're coming from. They're coming from a biased jealous view. They only see what fits their narrative. They don't care that a hands to the face wasn't called when Jones was wrongly called for roughing the passer, that the drive was extended and resulted in a touchdown instead of a punt. Don't give me that BS about timing. Take that TD off the board and the Chiefs are up 2 scores at the end of the game and most likely out of reach. Moving the ball down the field on 3 big penalties for the Falcons on the final drive would be about timing too, right? There's no real argument to be made. There is no bias by the refs. Only bias in the haters seeing only what fits their biased narrative.
Okay, let’s go at this from a different angle, then. Did you ever think the Patriots and Tom Brady were benefactors of officiating bias? Have you ever thought the Broncos were?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:11 AM Today
They're coming from a biased jealous view. They only see what fits their narrative.

Only bias in the haters seeing only what fits their biased narrative.
That covers 95% of all posts regarding any topic on sports message boards.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:14 AM Today
I'm still pissed Dee Ford was called for Off sides when he was just using the next projected line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:38 AM Today

Naturally, when presented with facts that don't fit the desired narrative, DenverFan pivots to "it's the timing."

Every KC fan is aware there have been a few fortuitous calls at the end of a few important games; namely the '22 AFCC and SB. But take the AFCC vs the Bengals, for example...what QB on the planet doesn't get a late hit flag when hit a full two yds out of bounds? Are you saying they should have held the flag because it was late in the game? And would the game have even been close if they hadn't wiped a KC TD off the board and negated an INT? Both of which were far less obvious penalties.

In the SB vs the Eagles, would the late holding call have mattered if they hadn't erased a KC TD on a very questionable call?

Yes, the narrative that haters have created is bogus and lazy. I'm not sure there's a team in the league that has more big plays taken away than KC, and as you can see above, they're consistently one of the most penalized teams in the league. Does the occasional fortuitous call equate to the refs propping them up? No, of course not.

Sunday night's game was a perfect example of the shameless bias of DenverFan. No mention of the three defensive penalties that carried ATL to the redzone on their final drive (one or two of which were awful calls), or the terrible roughing call that gave ATL a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score a TD.

That missed call on the second-to-last drive though! The injustice of it all! The favoritism!!

Bitter rival fans aren't hard to fathom. It is unfathomable that they pretend to be objective though. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 06:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Naturally, when presented with facts that don't fit the desired narrative, DenverFan pivots to "it's the timing."

Every KC fan is aware there have been a few fortuitous calls at the end of a few important games; namely the '22 AFCC and SB. But take the AFCC vs the Bengals, for example...what QB on the planet doesn't get a late hit flag when hit a full two yds out of bounds? Are you saying they should have held the flag because it was late in the game? And would the game have even been close if they hadn't wiped a KC TD off the board and negated an INT? Both of which were far less obvious penalties.

In the SB vs the Eagles, would the late holding call have mattered if they hadn't erased a KC TD on a very questionable call?

Yes, the narrative that haters have created is bogus and lazy. I'm not sure there's a team in the league that has more big plays taken away than KC, and as you can see above, they're consistently one of the most penalized teams in the league. Does throwing them a bone occasionally equate to the refs propping them up? No, of course not.

Sunday night's game was a perfect example of the shameless bias of DenverFan. No mention of the three defensive penalties that carried ATL to the redzone on their final drive (one or two of which were awful calls), or the terrible roughing call that gave ATL a fresh set of downs and allowed them to score a TD.

That missed call on the second-to-last drive though! The injustice of it all! The favoritism!!

Bitter rival fans aren't hard to fathom. It is unfathomable that they pretend to be objective though. :-)
Dont even engage with DunkTard on this subject. Just tell him if he wants to see biased officiating, just go back and look at the Manning years. Drop the mic, walk away and laugh.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:43 AM Today
Okay. So now, finish answering the question. In your opinion, have the Chiefs gotten a disproportionate amount of those calls at key times in the last season or two?
Not that many by many evaluations and studies. KCs games have been called legit under Mahomes BUT under Alex KC got screwed more than any other team according to legit studies. For beneficial calls it's Superfarce 50 season right up there with most of Bradys later seasons. What they found is once he left NE and the year he was hurt and once 5 head retired and once Brady retired in Tampa the calls swung COMPLETELY the other way
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:48 AM Today
...and even advanced numbers in key situations don't show KC getting an advantage
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:50 AM Today
...and Doms little narratives defeated in milliseconds :-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:05 AM Today
now do scoring drives wiped away due to penalties, it's not pretty

but but but buuutu chiefs get all the calls
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 5126 of 5126
« First < 4126462650265076511651225123512451255126
Up