[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:13 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I might as well cross-post in this thread as well

I'm glad he's ours. Also notice where baker is on this graft
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:38 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Is he still banished to the romper room? I dread him coming back the week KC plays Buffalo.
That account is banned (plus at least one mult)... if it's anything like last year though, we'll be dumping Bills fans pretty quickly as they show their ass.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:40 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
i agree i don't think they are going anywhere but neither are the bills, browns, ravens, titans.

once they get in the tournament any given week anyone of those teams can beat the other. this wont be settled week one it really doesnt matter what happens win or lose.

For a team to truly “go nowhere” you have to have an elite QB and great organization. RBs wear out fast. Deep rosters get expensive and start to break up/change.

The Titans don’t fit the bill. Tannehill is not great (and also not young). They are built on Henry, who already has heavy use in his past and who time tells us has maybe a year or 2 left. Their roster is also pretty meh on the defensive side of things. Not built for the long haul.

The Ravens have a difference-making QB, but can his style stand up to time - or can he improve as a consistent passer? They have a great organization so there’s a chance there.

The Browns are built similarly to the Titans. The organization doesn’t have the track record of the Chiefs or Ravens but looks promising. But they need Baker Mayfield to be a top 5 QB to truly stand up over time.

The Bills are the best current bet, IMO, to be long-time rivals of the Chiefs. Allen showed he can be elite, and they have a good front office in place. But still… they improved less than the Chiefs from year-to-year.

And the Chiefs are set up better than all of them.

Best QB. Best coach puts them ahead. But I think opposing fans look at this offensive line rebuild and don’t realize how well it sets up KC - they just see the inexperience as a weakness.

If Orlando Brown works at LT, they have their long-term franchise guy out there. Yes, it’s going to cost them money. But with these 3 first-year guys covering the rest of the unit and each offering major upside (Humphrey and Smith have both performed like future pro bowl players) the Chiefs have what looks like their OL for the next four years at VERY affordable rates, a unit that can blossom into one of the 5 best in the league.

That’s a major trump card sitting in our hand. We see it. I don’t think others do, just yet.

In addition, the Chiefs have done just what you have to do when you have premium players on big deals - find cheap value. Whether it’s drafting potential stars like Sneed or Trey Smith and contributors like Mike Danna on day 3 or picking up good players in UDFA or making smart trades, Veach has built up the roster depth while keeping all the big names.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 11:49 AM 09-07-2021
Buzz out of Ohio is Malik McDowell is going to start and play a ton at DT. Giving the browns a D line ranging from 6'7 to the smallest Myles Garett at 6'4.

one thing is for sure it will be fun to watch the new KC O line against some big a$$ dudes for the browns.

Reports have had them giving the browns O line problems in camp this year. So if KC can hold up that is pretty good news going forward but if they dont it wont be a red flag either.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:54 AM 09-07-2021
I'm hoping we push their shit in after listening to all the "experts" and how our line isn't very good because of the Superbowl. I mean if your job is to report on football maybe you should watch football.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 12:14 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I'm hoping we push their shit in after listening to all the "experts" and how our line isn't very good because of the Superbowl. I mean if your job is to report on football maybe you should watch football.
This^^^^^. I live on a golf course right next to the #10 teebox. There a browns guy that plays 2-3 times a week with a bills guy. My first run in with the browns guy was him telling me that the browns should have won that game, illegal hit by dirty Dan etc. I told him even after your guys choked out mahomes and stood over him saying “that’s what we do”. The Chiefs kicked the the ever loving shit out of the browns. He said well we’ll see week one to which I replied we’re going to beat your ass again. I still see the guy several times a week and as the game comes closer browns fan has reduced his cockyness by about 75% and is finding it easier to give respect where it’s due, especially after I reminded him that for years we’ve been where the browns were.
[Reply]
neech 12:26 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
This^^^^^. I live on a golf course right next to the #10 teebox. There a browns guy that plays 2-3 times a week with a bills guy. My first run in with the browns guy was him telling me that the browns should have won that game, illegal hit by dirty Dan etc. I told him even after your guys choked out mahomes and stood over him saying “that’s what we do”. The Chiefs kicked the the ever loving shit out of the browns. He said well we’ll see week one to which I replied we’re going to beat your ass again. I still see the guy several times a week and as the game comes closer browns fan has reduced his cockyness by about 75% and is finding it easier to give respect where it’s due, especially after I reminded him that for years we’ve been where the browns were.
If it comes down to fisticuffs give me a heads up I'll be your back up just in case he try's pulling a weapon like a gun or a shank I'm here for you bro.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 12:32 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
If it comes down to fisticuffs give me a heads up I'll be your back up just in case he try's pulling a weapon like a gun or a shank I'm here for you bro.
:-) Settle down there turbo. It a 55+ retirement community and I’m rehabbing a hip replacement and torn rotator cuff and bicep. I should have tuff talked him like “ see you gameday and bring your fiber because it’ll be an all day deal.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:36 PM 09-07-2021
Been hearing this every year foe the past 20 years. How our defense is faster each season
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:37 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
Buzz out of Ohio is Malik McDowell is going to start and play a ton at DT. Giving the browns a D line ranging from 6'7 to the smallest Myles Garett at 6'4.

one thing is for sure it will be fun to watch the new KC O line against some big a$$ dudes for the browns.

Reports have had them giving the browns O line problems in camp this year. So if KC can hold up that is pretty good news going forward but if they dont it wont be a red flag either.

That’s cool. It might have given the Chiefs a lot of trouble in past years. They’re much bigger and more powerful than in 2019 or 2020.

Humphrey is a load. Trey Smith is a mountain. Orlando Brown is huge. Lucas Niang is huge.

McDowell is a neat story, but it’s kinda funny ya’ll are so confident/excited about a guy who has literally never done anything in the NFL and was in prison like 18 months ago but want to act like rookies are huge red flags because they were the best OL in the Big 12 the past two years (Humphrey) or were all-SEC (Trey Smith) or never allowed a sack in their last two years of action in college, including matchups against Chase Young and Ohio State’s stable of dominant Es (Niang).
[Reply]
neech 12:37 PM 09-07-2021
I'm just having fun Loco, fans of teams that you're getting ready to play can be entertaining with the verbal exchanges going back and forth.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:54 PM 09-07-2021
Niang 6’6 330
Smith 6’6 330
Humphrey 6’5 310
Thuney 6’5 287
Brown 6’8 345

Yeah they should be quaking in their shoes over the size of your DL, lmmfao. Please stop. Team has to win week 16 to make the playoffs, and we should be so scared. Just another victim after Sunday.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 01:01 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s cool. It might have given the Chiefs a lot of trouble in past years. They’re much bigger and more powerful than in 2019 or 2020.

Humphrey is a load. Trey Smith is a mountain. Orlando Brown is huge. Lucas Niang is huge.

McDowell is a neat story, but it’s kinda funny ya’ll are so confident/excited about a guy who has literally never done anything in the NFL and was in prison like 18 months ago but want to act like rookies are huge red flags because they were the best OL in the Big 12 the past two years (Humphrey) or were all-SEC (Trey Smith) or never allowed a sack in their last two years of action in college, including matchups against Chase Young and Ohio State’s stable of dominant Es (Niang).
i am not sure about the KC O line i know they are rookies thats it. they have yet to play in a regular season game together they could be good.

i have seen Malik McDowell in 1v1s against joel bitonio and wyatt teller and give them all they could handle. these guys are a known commodity the strongest dudes on arguably the best o line in the NFL.

Mcdowell jumps off the screen when you see him if they try and block him 1 on 1 he is going to be in the backfield all game. Idk what to say andrew berry found a Dimond in the rough.
[Reply]
Sorce 01:03 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
Settle down there turbo. It a 55+ retirement community and I’m rehabbing a hip replacement and torn rotator cuff and bicep. I should have tuff talked him like “ see you gameday and bring your fiber because it’ll be an all day deal.
Let me know when the rascal demolition derby is, I want to watch.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 106
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101 > Last »
Up