ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5085 of 5107
« First < 4085458549855035507550815082508350845085 50865087508850895095 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:20 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I never said no credit for Mahomes. I said there’s way more luck involved than anyone ever acknowledges. And I pointed out that, if Veach really was a prodigy in spotting QB talent, he would have identified Dak.

And they didn’t really pass on him. Like everyone else, they had no idea how good he’d be.
Or, Veach is such a QB drafting savant that he identified Dak as the mediocre talent he is and passed.

Goddam. Thanks for giving me ANOTHER reason why Veach is the best.
[Reply]
manchambo 08:32 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You're going to look great as a QB against prevent. And if you had rough stats prior to that coverage look, your stats on the day will improve.

That's exactly what happened, man.
Why didn’t you answer my question?
[Reply]
manchambo 08:33 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Or, Veach is such a QB drafting savant that he identified Dak as the mediocre talent he is and passed.

Goddam. Thanks for giving me ANOTHER reason why Veach is the best.
That’s just dumb. Picking Dak with a 4th round pick would be genius for the trade value alone.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:37 PM 09-11-2024
Why didn’t you answer my question?
Were the Chiefs allowing cheap shit and playing less aggressively?

Then yes. I would call that garbage yards for Lamar in his final stat line.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:37 PM 09-11-2024
That’s just dumb. Picking Dak with a 4th round pick would be genius for the trade value alone.
Fuck, I forgot Dak was a 4th rounder. Thank God Veach didn't waste a 4th on him.

How many more reasons are you going to give me to love Veach any more tonight?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:17 PM 09-11-2024
Why wouldn't I go with Dak? If Veach is a QB-identifying savant, why would he not have drafted him in the third or fourth round?

It's not like he knew they'd get Mahomes the next year.

The point about "my coach" only proves my point. He didn't know how good Mahomes would be and no one else did. If they did, there would have been an all out bidding war for the first pick.
Maybe because he’d already been scouting Mahomes in 2016 with Texas Tech and if even bothered to scout Dak at all prior to the 2016 Draft he likely scouted him based on comparing him to Mahomes and what he could become and thought ‘nah, this guy doesn’t measure up to what I’m seeing from this kid at TT.’

So why bother recommending drafting a QB like Dak when he had already fallen in love with Mahomes traits and what he could become?

He was pounding the table for Mahomes from 2016 on. It’s not like he was gonna recommend any other college QB at that point. He had found his guy and locked in on him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:32 PM 09-11-2024
So let's take manchambo's ridiculous Dak logic seriously for a second. Just for shits.

Veach wasn't in charge in 2016. It'd be at least another full year before Dorsey would get fired and another month or two after that before Veach actually got the job.

In other words... nice try.
[Reply]
manchambo 10:13 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Maybe because he’d already been scouting Mahomes in 2016 with Texas Tech and if even bothered to scout Dak at all prior to the 2016 Draft he likely scouted him based on comparing him to Mahomes and what he could become and thought ‘nah, this guy doesn’t measure up to what I’m seeing from this kid at TT.’

So why bother recommending drafting a QB like Dak when he had already fallen in love with Mahomes traits and what he could become?

He was pounding the table for Mahomes from 2016 on. It’s not like he was gonna recommend any other college QB at that point. He had found his guy and locked in on him.
Because there was no basis to believe they’d get Mahomes in 2017. And because the only thing better than one good QB is two. You either have a good backup, for the low price of a 4th round pick, or insurance if Mahomes gets hurt or turns out not as good as you thought, or a valuable trade.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:43 PM 09-11-2024
it's not like there's a whole lot of daylight between Nix's week 1 performance and Williams or Daniels.
2/12 on throws over 10 yards...two of which were terrible INTs isnt encouraging.

You already know he can be accurate on passes near the line of scrimmage...his NFL success hinges on the ability to develop his intermediate game. I said this a few weeks ago...

Those two INTs were panic throws...and two others were dropped. You cant teach football intuition/instinct...Alex Smith is the posterboy for this. He didnt have "it"...had a lot of good things but failed when it mattered.

I see Nix's career ceiling as a high functioning backup...I dont think he'll ever be able to go toe-to-toe with the Allens/Mahomes of the AFC.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:18 AM 09-12-2024
There's no way they would do that if they knew how good Dak was. We're talking about a 4th round pick.

If you knew for sure that you would pick Mahomes the next year, and that Mahomes would be one of the best ever, you still would pick Dak.
Hey dumbass, we already had Alex Smith. And Andy and the organization loved him. But he wasn’t the answer to get us to the promised land. You can think what you want about Veach, and his hard on for Mahomes. But it’s pretty well documented, maybe you just don’t want to believe it. But there’s some good articles out there talking about Veach’s love affair with Mahomes.

Good organizations don’t draft a quarterback the year before the guy they want is coming into the draft. Mahomes is who Veach wanted, and he had been talking to Andy about him for years.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:32 AM 09-12-2024
I saw where Mo Pix had SIX of his TWELVE passes over 10 yards that were graded as interceptable. Just... incredible.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:42 AM 09-12-2024
Semantics aside, the last drive came against soft D and more to the point STARTED AT MIDFIELD.

If Seattle just hits a solid punt and Boo has to start at the 20 w/ 4 mins left, that clock is hitting 0 before his dozen check downs get them into the end zone.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:47 AM 09-12-2024
It's amazing how Broncos fans never criticized the organization and only make excuses
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:49 AM 09-12-2024
But I guess we "still need to see" or something . Not sure what we're looking for, but whatever...Most of the problem is unlike us, they listen to those homer beat writers as if it's gospel. "Bo aaaaaahhhcthhhualllly looked good!!!!"
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:24 AM 09-12-2024
Win the QB lottery and you're paying an enormous salary. The smart move is bring in any 'ol yahoo. When the fan base buys in every time. Just slap on the Broncos logo and coast
[Reply]
Page 5085 of 5107
« First < 4085458549855035507550815082508350845085 50865087508850895095 > Last »
Up