ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5033 of 5097
« First < 4033453349334983502350295030503150325033 503450355036503750435083 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:57 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
I think his TD/Int ratio will be better than that. He’s a QB who has been careful with the ball. Sean Payton runs an offense where the QB is expected to be careful with the ball. Russell Wilson went 26/8 last year, which included throwing up some prayers. It stands to reason that even if the rest of his statline doesn’t blow anyone away, his TD/Int ratio will be more like 2/1.

Also, tell me what Javonte Williams’ et. al. numbers look like, and I can tell you what I hope for Bo Nix. Supposedly, Javonte has looked more like pre-injury Javonte. That would go along way between 6-11 and maybe 9-8 or 10-7, and in the playoff hunt.
I like the RB group and their success is key here. I wish I had more faith in the TEs. And I’m hoping that Mims is a more pivotal focus.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:15 PM 08-29-2024

Bo Nix’s “rapid improvement” has been “super impressive” to Mike McGlinchey pic.twitter.com/FfsL3aoYbz

— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevensDNVR) August 29, 2024

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:36 PM 08-29-2024
Uh uh Knowmo :-)

What is the best-run franchise

Spoiler!
Votes are as follows: Eagles-5, 49ers-5, Chiefs-4, Packers-3, Vikings-2, Steelers-2, Ravens-2, Dolphins-2, Texans-1, Rams-1, Lions-1, Falcons-1, Colts-1, Bills-1

• “The Chiefs deal with so much, good and bad, and yet keep winning. Hall of Fame coach and GM, QB, tight end and ownership.”

Among GMs and front-office leaders, whom do you trust the most?
Votes as follows: Brett Veach-KC-6, Howie Roseman-PHI-5, Brad Holmes-DET-5, John Schneider-SEA-4.5, Chris Ballard-IND-2.5, John Lynch-SF-2, Eric DeCosta-BAL-2, Brandon Beane-BUF-2, Nick Caserio-HOU-1, Andrew Berry-CLE-1

• “Veach. The Chiefs can lose a star player and then find a replacement in the first 3-4 rounds better than most.”

• “With Veach running the front office, the Chiefs do an amazing job of restacking (the roster) and getting rid of people who might poison the well.”

Spoiler!
Votes as follows: Eliot Wolf-NE-4, Brett Veach-KC-3, Nick Caserio-HOU-2, Omar Khan-PIT-2, Adam Peters-WAS-2, Other-18

• “Wolf has been my rising GM candidate for years: super professional, great communicator and no sugar coating.”

• “Veach. He’s accurate and honest. His ego is checked at the door. Look at the rings.”

Which is the most unstable franchise?

“Broncos. There’s dysfunction between the GM and the coach over who is calling the shots. Somehow (Sean) Payton has wrestled control from George Paton.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/562.../?redirected=1
[Reply]
staylor26 01:47 PM 08-29-2024
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 01:49 PM 08-29-2024
Wolfe over Veachy is a sick joke.
[Reply]
DomCasual 02:57 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I like the RB group and their success is key here. I wish I had more faith in the TEs. And I’m hoping that Mims is a more pivotal focus.
It kind of seems to hinge on whether or not Dulcich can stay healthy, which is not a terribly comforting thought.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:28 PM 08-29-2024
Wait what? Why do they ask the same question twice and get different votes? And Eliot fucking Wolf? Lol
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:44 PM 08-29-2024
I think his TD/Int ratio will be better than that. He’s a QB who has been careful with the ball. Sean Payton runs an offense where the QB is expected to be careful with the ball. Russell Wilson went 26/8 last year, which included throwing up some prayers. It stands to reason that even if the rest of his statline doesn’t blow anyone away, his TD/Int ratio will be more like 2/1.

Also, tell me what Javonte Williams’ et. al. numbers look like, and I can tell you what I hope for Bo Nix. Supposedly, Javonte has looked more like pre-injury Javonte. That would go along way between 6-11 and maybe 9-8 or 10-7, and in the playoff hunt.
IF Javonte is back to form then yeah, a difference maker. If not that RB room looks shaky as fuck to me.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:46 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
His eyes are going to get pretty wide when Omenihu, Karlaftis and Chris Jones are running at him
Or McDuffie on a blitz. Spags gonna eat this kid alive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 08-29-2024
“Broncos. There’s dysfunction between the GM and the coach over who is calling the shots. Somehow (Sean) Payton has wrestled control from George Paton.”

:-) Somehow? Sean Payton wanted full control. It's why the Broncos brass pivoted off him at first for Harbaugh and Demeco Ryans.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
IF Javonte is back to form then yeah, a difference maker. If not that RB room looks shaky as fuck to me.
That's a big IF with as significant as that knee injury was.

Another year removed from it can only help, of course. But man, those are tough injuries to come back from. I don't expect Chubb ever gets back to where he was and I just can't think of many RBs who ever did get everything back.

Most of the time you have multi-ligament tears in a knee, you're maybe 90% of the guy you once were. And 90% of even a superstar RB is probably not NFL starting caliber.

The Henry Josey that was destroying creation for the 2011 Tigers came back after his catastrophic knee injury and was a very good college RB in 2013, but never had an NFL career. His burst just never returned.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:12 PM 08-29-2024
It kind of seems to hinge on whether or not Dulcich can stay healthy, which is not a terribly comforting thought.

At some point, you just have to walk from a player... I think we are there with him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:16 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's a big IF with as significant as that knee injury was.

Another year removed from it can only help, of course. But man, those are tough injuries to come back from. I don't expect Chubb ever gets back to where he was and I just can't think of many RBs who ever did get everything back.

Most of the time you have multi-ligament tears in a knee, you're maybe 90% of the guy you once were. And 90% of even a superstar RB is probably not NFL starting caliber.

The Henry Josey that was destroying creation for the 2011 Tigers came back after his catastrophic knee injury and was a very good college RB in 2013, but never had an NFL career. His burst just never returned.

Williams showed such promise that rookie season... last year, I hope it was an anomaly. Either way, you can't get tied to a player and have to hope that if it's not him - it's one of the other guys. I like Jaleel and Estime... Williams though, is different and hopefully not being tied to a Russ led offense will release the beast.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:24 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Remember when Hackett embarrassed him. In pile high...
I do.

Had money on the Jets but they kept trying to blow it.

Kept muttering, "WTF am I betting on the Jets for during the game."
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:28 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Uh uh Knowmo :-)

What is the best-run franchise

Spoiler!
Votes are as follows: Eagles-5, 49ers-5, Chiefs-4, Packers-3, Vikings-2, Steelers-2, Ravens-2, Dolphins-2, Texans-1, Rams-1, Lions-1, Falcons-1, Colts-1, Bills-1

• “The Chiefs deal with so much, good and bad, and yet keep winning. Hall of Fame coach and GM, QB, tight end and ownership.”

Votes as follows: Brett Veach-KC-6, Howie Roseman-PHI-5, Brad Holmes-DET-5, John Schneider-SEA-4.5, Chris Ballard-IND-2.5, John Lynch-SF-2, Eric DeCosta-BAL-2, Brandon Beane-BUF-2, Nick Caserio-HOU-1, Andrew Berry-CLE-1

• “Veach. The Chiefs can lose a star player and then find a replacement in the first 3-4 rounds better than most.”

• “With Veach running the front office, the Chiefs do an amazing job of restacking (the roster) and getting rid of people who might poison the well.”

Spoiler!
Votes as follows: Eliot Wolf-NE-4, Brett Veach-KC-3, Nick Caserio-HOU-2, Omar Khan-PIT-2, Adam Peters-WAS-2, Other-18

• “Wolf has been my rising GM candidate for years: super professional, great communicator and no sugar coating.”

• “Veach. He’s accurate and honest. His ego is checked at the door. Look at the rings.”

Which is the most unstable franchise?

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/562.../?redirected=1
Worst "general" ever? :-)
[Reply]
Page 5033 of 5097
« First < 4033453349334983502350295030503150325033 503450355036503750435083 > Last »
Up