Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:40 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
ok so its now known as the henne didnt **** it up game :-)
We prefer to think of it as the 'Browns couldn't take down Henne game'

Or 'Hennething is possible', if you prefer.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 09:55 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Omg, you’re not in the same league as KC. We’ve been hosted the last 3 AFCCG, been to 2 straight SB’s, and have been in the playoffs the last 7 years. You have been to the playoffs once in that same time frame, have 1 playoff win, and have t beaten Mahomes/Reid yet. Just like the Ravens, just like the Bills. For someone who’s team has made the playoffs just once in a decade, you sure seem to want instant respect. Well you better earn that shit. Clowns have been in the cellar of the AFCN for years, we’ve won our division 5 straight years. Are you starting to see that you’re not in Chiefs league yet?? Maybe focus on winning your division, or 2 years in a row going to the playoffs. Don’t focus on the king, because you’ll never wear the king’s crown.
i mean all that is cool but it has nothing to do with this season. The browns have the best roster since the 80s THIS YEAR. They have the reigning coach of the year. They have a smart GM on the same page as the coach to build something big.

eventually the king is Killed and a new one is crowned
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:00 AM 09-07-2021
i mean all that is cool but it has nothing to do with this season. The browns have the best roster since the 80s THIS YEAR. They have the reigning coach of the year. They have a smart GM on the same page as the coach to build something big.

last year doesn't matter or years past it starts over its a new year.
I assume you mean best BROWNS roster.

Which, hey, that's nice and all. But the Browns is the Browns.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:01 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Inchlongdong :

Hmmm... seems you were pointing out how past seasons mattered when it comes to KC. SB hangover, wasn’t the SB last season? Odds of making 3 straight SB’s (which we will) is all about past seasons. You’re talking out of both sides of your purty mouth. Which is it? Past seasons don’t count, throw out the stats, or past seasons matter?

I’m glad you’re feeling like your team has taken a step forward, ours has too. We’ve got a proven track record of success, you’ve got one playoff trip in a decade. Might be best to temper your expectations, cuz if history has shown us anything, it’s that the Clowns won’t be playing in a SB.... EVER!
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:01 AM 09-07-2021
It's really starting to smell like a diqlix thread in here.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:03 AM 09-07-2021

You have the coach of the year. We have a HOF HC who many could argue is at worst the #2 HC in all football. We have a brilliant GM, we're even better than last year or the year before (when we won the SB). We have the best QB in football who has not even hit his prime yet. We have a HOF TE, strengthened our Dline with Reed, and have a Top 3 (at worst WR). Regardless of what your team did in the offseason, they did not close the gap on KC who is still the cream of the crop of the AFC.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:04 AM 09-07-2021
I'm not exactly sure what Browns fans are trying to prove here.

That you're no longer a dumpster fire but still not elite?

Ok. Well, you win there. GJ i guess.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:05 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's really starting to smell like a diqlix thread in here.
Is he still banished to the romper room? I dread him coming back the week KC plays Buffalo.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:12 AM 09-07-2021

I mean, all that is cool but the Browns improvements don’t take away the Chiefs improvements - the Chiefs have a better roster this year than last year, and they went to the Super Bowl while completely outclassing the Browns.

Franchises with Hall of Fame coaches and elite-elite QBs don’t die suddenly, especially when paired with an excellent GM.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:30 AM 09-07-2021
Week 4 is Eagles, week 6 WFT. Maybe those fans will bring something fresh. It's just been Groundhog's Day for awhile now.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:32 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, all that is cool but the Browns improvements don’t take away the Chiefs improvements - the Chiefs have a better roster this year than last year, and they went to the Super Bowl while completely outclassing the Browns.

Franchises with Hall of Fame coaches and elite-elite QBs don’t die suddenly, especially when paired with an excellent GM.
i agree i don't think they are going anywhere but neither are the bills, browns, ravens, titans.

once they get in the tournament any given week anyone of those teams can beat the other. this wont be settled week one it really doesnt matter what happens win or lose.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:33 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Week 4 is Eagles, week 6 WFT. Maybe those fans will bring something fresh. It's just been Groundhog's Day for awhile now.
i mean if the browns win i can torment you guys untill the playoffs :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:34 AM 09-07-2021
i mean if the browns win i can torment you guys untill the playoffs :-)
Winning or losing hasn't changed that in the past.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:01 AM 09-07-2021

The pats were king of the hill for 20 years with an elite organization, coach and qb. Now the Chiefs are that team and they're not giving up that crown any time soon
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:03 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I believe a lot of fans were excited about Manning, Rothlisberger, and Brady finally going away and thinking now their team could build something and compete. What they are now understanding is that something far worse for them is in their way and it’s very discomforting to accept. At the beginning of the next ten years minimum you are starting behind the Chiefs, and you have to start each season with you have to beat the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 106
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100 > Last »
Up