ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL considering 18 games and 36 teams
DaFace 05:45 PM 11-10-2021
:-)

Is the NFL considering expanding? And if so, how does that impact the St. Louis lawsuit? @AllbrightNFL explained today on #BKandFerrario.

PODCAST: https://t.co/c8klxwyyQk pic.twitter.com/EoMEkeky7Y

— 101 ESPN St. Louis (@101espn) November 4, 2021

[Reply]
jd1020 08:14 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
College is still popular with that kind of play.
College popularity has more to do with the lifelong ties people have to the college. Far fewer people have ties to a professional team and the popularity largely revolves around the quality of the product. Few cities don't give a fuck and will sellout for a shitty team.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:18 PM 11-10-2021
there's already too much football on tv as is.

but the NFL will find a way to deliver a product that no one is demanding, and convince them that they want/need it.

and that other embeeded pic earlier in the thread about NFL being right behind golf as being boring...they're sort of right. I mean, sure, when a play is actually going on it's exciting...but there is a LOT of nothing going on during a televised NFL game for 3+ hours.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:19 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I mean, sure, when a play is actually going on it's exciting...but there is a LOT of nothing going on during a televised NFL game for 3+ hours.
The absolute worst part of the NFL.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:21 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I’m no Mark Cuban ball washer, but his prediction from a few years back regarding the NFL imploding within 10 years may come true.
"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:26 PM 11-10-2021
Instead of the "London Bridges", maybe a co-ownership with an American city could work better. Let them share one of the NY or FL teams

For non-competitive teams longer seasons would reduce local interest, poses risk to the top teams.

The season is already a grind, don't like these proposals much.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 08:29 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I mean, sure, when a play is actually going on it's exciting...but there is a LOT of nothing going on during a televised NFL game for 3+ hours.
NFL Game Pass Condensed games are great, a 3hour game compressed down to 30 minutes without all the inane talk and commercials. The only way to watch the NFL IMHO.
[Reply]
backinblack 08:35 PM 11-10-2021
NFL is gonna end up expanding itself into an implosion.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:45 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
College popularity has more to do with the lifelong ties people have to the college. Far fewer people have ties to a professional team and the popularity largely revolves around the quality of the product. Few cities don't give a fuck and will sellout for a shitty team.
More people have lifelong ties to pro teams or "local" college teams if the parents watch. Most people where I grew up were fans of the Cardinals, both baseball and football, or some other pro teams, not college.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:45 PM 11-10-2021
College is still popular with that kind of play.
The ties to the school are a bigger draw than the level of play for college football. Pro football, like other pro sports, is the best of the best playing the sport.

The NFL and NFLPA have been sacrificing the level of play for over 10 years and adding an 220 additional players to the league isn't going to help with that.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:48 PM 11-10-2021
This is a bad idea, IMO. There will be a huge difference in QB play between the top 10 and bottom 10. Like a huge gap.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:14 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I really doubt that if the NFL put a team there that they would be raking in the dough. It would probably be a losing venture.

What is this exciting sport that's called "athletics"?
[Reply]
carcosa 11:10 PM 11-10-2021
No, why in the hell would anyone want a team there.
I don't know, but it was one of the relocation options!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:13 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Buffalo would oppose a team in Toronto or Montreal.
Buffalo certainly would but that’s just one owner. They can’t stop this kind of expansion if the majority want it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:19 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My understanding is that the London games sell out pretty much instantly, so there's definitely a demand there.

What I just can't figure out is how the logistics would work. You'd constantly have battles between teams that are jet lagged and teams that aren't.
PT Barnum sold out a lot of shows too. At least some of it has to be the novelty of it.

Those guys go nuts if their soccer team dumps a match. Can you imagine the murder rate if they got the Jags?

Originally Posted by kcclone:
This is a bad idea, IMO. There will be a huge difference in QB play between the top 10 and bottom 10. Like a huge gap.
There is probably more competent per capita QB play than OL play at the moment. And it will get worse. OU, Ohio State, Alabama all have shit OL right now and they get the pick of prospects.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:21 PM 11-10-2021
Obviously they're going to 18 games. 17 is just to force that issue.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up