ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Garmin KC Marathon Races (October 21, 2023)
DanT 08:04 AM 10-14-2023
Anyone planning to run one of the four Garmin KC Marathon races (5k, 10k, half-marathon, full marathon) this upcoming Saturday? I'm going to be trying the full, which I also ran last year and enjoyed. There were several Bills fans running last year, in town for the Bills-Chiefs game the following day. Might see some Charger fans there this year.

https://www.sportkc.org/marathon
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by DanT:
Great weather in KC for the marathon this morning and I finished about 5 minutes faster than last year. I was hoping to beat 5:20 and I ended up beating 5:10.

I hope everyone that ran an event today had fun, especially if it was part of the Garmin KC Marathon set of races!
Really was great weather. How bad do your legs hurt trying to get up stairs? I can't even imagine.
[Reply]
DanT 02:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really was great weather. How bad do your legs hurt trying to get up stairs? I can't even imagine.
They’re pretty cranky, but they will feel better in a day or so. Running down the last hill, on 51st Street to Brookside, was a little rough!😂

Did you have a fun race?
[Reply]
BWillie 02:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by DanT:
They’re pretty cranky, but they will feel better in a day or so. Running down the last hill, on 51st Street to Brookside, was a little rough!��

Did you have a fun race?
I liked it. I just like competing. It was my first 5k but the race distance was indeed off and longer. The map said 3.25 miles so I expected it. When I got done my Garmin watch had 3.23 miles. I started my watch right as I crossed the starting line...which in itself took forever to get to since we were packed in there like cattle so my first mile was really slow. I ran it in 27:37 but it would have been faster if it was a true 5 kilometers.

That thing is quite an event. I probably bit off more than I can chew. I'm not a very good runner but there were professional looking people everywhere. Tents everywhere. Vendors. It was quite the deal. Next year I plan to either get there early or watch the end of the marathon finish to really soak it in.
[Reply]
DanT 02:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I liked it. I just like competing. It was my first 5k but the race distance was indeed off and longer. The map said 3.25 miles so I expected it. When I got done my Garmin watch had 3.23 miles. I started my watch right as I crossed the starting line...which in itself took forever to get to since we were packed in there like cattle so my first mile was really slow. I ran it in 27:37 but it would have been faster if it was a true 5 kilometers.

That thing is quite an event. I probably bit off more than I can chew. I'm not a very good runner but there were professional looking people everywhere. Tents everywhere. Vendors. It was quite the deal. Next year I plan to either get there early or watch the end of the marathon finish to really soak it in.
You did great! Congratulations!
Keep us posted on your next event!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up