ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:41 PM 07-10-2024
Salah vs Mahomes is like Dick Van Dyke getting a sponge bath from naked Elisha Cuthbert. He's tearing into that if it kills him
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:04 PM 07-10-2024
Our coaching staff and defense is mostly intact. The offense has more talent now. I fear no team. None.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:08 PM 07-10-2024
They "could" be a solid bet to make the divisional round if they crack the playoffs, provided Rodgers stays in one piece. But saying that means they likely have to finish ahead of both Miami and Buffalo in the AFC East, and do we really see that happening?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They "could" be a solid bet to make the divisional round if they crack the playoffs, provided Rodgers stays in one piece. But saying that means they likely have to finish ahead of both Miami and Buffalo in the AFC East, and do we really see that happening?
Yes..

Miami is a paper tiger, they don't beat good teams and teams that rise like they did last year generally fall back down the next year.

Buffalo is a complete overhaul mode so unless you really think Josh Allen is going to carry that team on his back to 12 wins...
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:21 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I mean, iirc, last season a certain team won the Super Bowl with a top-notch defense and a pretty mediocre offense with basically the worst WR room in the league.

Not saying that's a solid strategy for the Jets winning the Super Bowl, but it’s been done multiple times in the past. And NYJ definitely has the best D in the AFC-E, imo. Maybe in the NFL.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:51 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I mean, iirc, last season a certain team won the Super Bowl with a top-notch defense and a pretty mediocre offense with basically the worst WR room in the league.
It was the KC Chiefs
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:44 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wolves don’t worry about sheep bud.
And what are we supposed to do, exactly? Endlessly talk about all the ways yet another team looks good on paper... then if the time comes, endlessly talk about how good they look in regular season games... then if the time comes, look in awe as they beat teams that aren't the Chiefs and don't have Patrick Mahomes.... then if it happens, worry for another week about playing the Chiefs..... THEN stress the fuck out all game just to see if this team we've been worrying about for 7 months can pull out a victory in the 4th quarter of what will inevitably be a close game?

.....can I just wait until the 4th quarter of said game to start worrying? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:52 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
It was the KC Chiefs

DINGDINGDING We have a winner!!!:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:03 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the Jets are going to be a real problem. Rodgers is going to be good enough to win 10 games at least if he stays healthy (a big if). The bigger problem is Mike Williams -- if he can return mostly to form, then their offense becomes near-unstoppable with a healthy Rodgers. Williams is a large injury risk. So I don't know why everybody is hating on you, other than ChiefsPlanet morphed into Arrowhead Pride in 2017.

I think the team this board is sleeping on because they hate them so much is the Bills. The hate we have for that team on this board has created a collective blindspot.

Considering the colossal cap challenges the Bills have this year, they had a brilliant offseason. I think they let the right players walk, they made smart, calculated bargain signings, and they drafted absurdly well.

Overall, the talent around Josh Allen has declined, but it didn't collapse, like it has for the Chargers. That's because the Bills are simply better run.

But if you took a ton of the talent away from Mahomes/Reid, they'd still find a way to win 11 games. We don't want to hear it, because we hate them, but Allen/McDermott are as close to that as the AFC has. They'll win 10+ games, win the AFCE, and get a top 3 seed in the AFC, I think.
The Bills defense as it's constructed is weaker than it's ever been with Josh Allen.

They'll be a fine team, but Beane is a shit GM with a pretty bad draft record. The smart additions they've made might be efficient, but they're not enough to take out a tough defensive team in the playoffs like KC, Baltimore, or Cleveland.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:07 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Bills defense as it's constructed is weaker than it's ever been with Josh Allen.

They'll be a fine team, but Beane is a shit GM with a pretty bad draft record. The smart additions they've made might be efficient, but they're not enough to take out a tough defensive team in the playoffs like KC, Baltimore, or Cleveland.
I've seen no evidence that Jackson can win in the playoffs or that the team can make a super bowl.
[Reply]
In58men 03:14 PM 07-10-2024
Jets have a very nice defense. They’ll be competitive if Rodgers can stay.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:17 PM 07-10-2024
Imagine trying to get under the skin of those enjoying the fuck out of this dynasty by calling this place Arrowhead Pride because you're sad we no longer have a pile of shit to cry about every season... yikes.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:31 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Imagine trying to get under the skin of those enjoying the fuck out of this dynasty by calling this place Arrowhead Pride because you're sad we no longer have a pile of shit to cry about every season... yikes.
You moonlighting for KCSN?

I keep hearing them mention a Bearcat and thought I'd ask.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:37 PM 07-10-2024
They should be worried about us!

I have no hate for the Jets. They are not even on my radar for a couple of decades.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:39 PM 07-10-2024
The Jets' issues last year were poor OL play and a shitty QB. They improved the OL and will have a 10x better QB under center (even if he's old and coming off an injury). They also improved an already great defense.

Not sure why people are dismissing the Jets. They had the worst QB in the league and a weaker roster and were still pretty competitive. It all comes down to where Rodgers is at this stage in his career, which I don't think anybody knows.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up