ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
doomy3 09:20 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by milkman:
I think this thread is the direct result of the Tyson Jackson thread, and mecca's suggestion that someone should start a thread about Tamba Hali, who actually deserved the kind of criticism that was moronically directed at Jackson.
Yeah, I'll agree with that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:21 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
Could you possibly be more dramatic?
Could you possibly be more annoying?

I mean, seriously. What's the point to your input on this topic?

That we all discuss this stuff way too often?

Wow, we should have to pay for that kind of insight!

:-)
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:22 PM 09-20-2009
Hali created pressure and got two sacks today (in Madden).

Oh, and Pollard got an interception, and Cottam was my #1 receiver.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:25 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
yeah, i think so....i won't miss any of them, dj included

they have a lot of work to do to turn that position over

it is currently a much bigger problem than NT, where Tank has at least shown an entry level competence at the position
Not to start another holy war, but I just don't understand why we would switch to the 3-4. Even if Pioli wanted to beef up the D-Line at all costs, can you imagine an interior two of Raji and Dorsey? That'd be a Henderson-Stroud type tandem, IMO.

Let's just forsake the OL in the '09 draft, which for all intents and purposes the Chiefs did. Imagine this front seven:

Raji, Dorsey, Hali, Sidbury, DJ, Williams, Mays.

You can bring in Edwards, Tank, and Vrabel to spell on the DL.

That's not a terrible defense if you can get a Carlos Dunlap or Everson Griffin in there, and you still have rounds 3,5,6,7 to address the OL/Offense.

*sigh*
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:26 PM 09-20-2009
Mostly every thread where we have ever had any kind of conversation between us is you attacking me when I have responded to someone else, or a thought process.
Yeah, that's bullshit.
[Reply]
doomy3 09:28 PM 09-20-2009
Speaking of guys trying to transition from 4-3 end to 3-4 LB, Elvis Dumervil is tearing shit up in Denver. Today he had 7 tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble against the Browns and manhandled Joe Thomas.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:29 PM 09-20-2009
Speaking of guys trying to transition from 4-3 end to 3-4 LB, Elvis Dumervil is tearing shit up in Denver. Today he had 7 tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble against the Browns and manhandled Joe Thomas.
"A" sack?

He had FOUR sacks.
[Reply]
milkman 09:29 PM 09-20-2009
Yeah, what happened to Joe Thomas?

He was nails his rookie year.

No so much since.
[Reply]
doomy3 09:30 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
"A" sack?

He had FOUR sacks.
Typed it wrong. Was thinking ahead to the fumble, but yeah 4 sacks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:31 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by milkman:
Yeah, what happened to Joe Thomas?

He was nails his rookie year.

No so much since.
A lot of LTs seem to struggle in year two. IIRC, I think Roaf struggled a lot in his second year, he may have given up something like 10 sacks.

Of course, maybe some of it is just piss poor coaching, over coaching, or adjusting to their tendencies.

*And yes, I know he's in year three*

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:34 PM 09-20-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
A lot of LTs seem to struggle in year two. IIRC, I think Roaf struggled a lot in his second year, he may have given up something like 10 sacks.

Of course, maybe some of it is just piss poor coaching, over coaching, or adjusting to their tendencies.

*And yes, I know he's in year three*

I would think that being forced to play for Eric Mangini would cause any player to regress
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:35 PM 09-20-2009
I would think that being forced to play for Eric Mangini would cause any player to regress
He came from the Patriots

Syllogism thereby indicates success is inevitable.
[Reply]
doomy3 09:36 PM 09-20-2009
Well, he sucked last year playing for the same guy he did his first year, so I doubt that is the problem.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 06:31 AM 09-21-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not to start another holy war, but I just don't understand why we would switch to the 3-4. Even if Pioli wanted to beef up the D-Line at all costs, can you imagine an interior two of Raji and Dorsey? That'd be a Henderson-Stroud type tandem, IMO.

Let's just forsake the OL in the '09 draft, which for all intents and purposes the Chiefs did. Imagine this front seven:

Raji, Dorsey, Hali, Sidbury, DJ, Williams, Mays.

You can bring in Edwards, Tank, and Vrabel to spell on the DL.

That's not a terrible defense if you can get a Carlos Dunlap or Everson Griffin in there, and you still have rounds 3,5,6,7 to address the OL/Offense.

*sigh*
look, i hear you

there is an alternative past out there, it very well could be that they've already screwed it all up...i'm just too worn out by the chiefs to worry about it much...I know they have a logic for what they're doing - they aren't idiots - even if it isn't my way, so I'm giving them some time to get it straight on their terms...

they are doing it the hard way and making long term bets, which compels a certain amount of respect from me, but also leaves them no cover if it goes wrong...and also makes it easier in the short term to blast them

i mean running a 3-4 with these LBs is borderline crazy...but that's life until next year...Pioli will have his scouts, Haley will have a year of evaluation, and hopefully we'll spend some money in FA

they have a huge job to do next off season, bigger than this one in some ways...
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:19 AM 09-21-2009
Tamba Hali will never amount to anything other than a situational pass rusher. There are tons of people in the NFL who work hard, but the talent level isn't there.

I'd start with Merriman this off-season. In my eyes, he's a must have. We must have a pass rusher that teams at least fear. I don't care how much of a scumbag he is. We've tried the nice guy player thing.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up