ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone know Vrabel's 40 time?
SenselessChiefsFan 07:47 AM 03-02-2009
I personally believe that Tamba Hali will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. I think he is similar to Mike Vrabel in that he never gives up on a play. He is very active and gives himself fully to the cause.

I have read that Hali is 'too slow'. Does anyone know what Vrabel's 40 yard dash time was? Or any of his drills? I am just wondering how they stack up to Hali's.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:55 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
So the key to an OLB is tackling guys 20 yards down field, and having a high vertical?

He's stiff as a fucking board. Have you watched him try to cover a FB in the flat? It's fucking laughable.

I know a lot of athletes that never quit. Problem is that they aren't talented or athletic enough to make a difference.

If Tamba Hali didn't have a high motor, he'd be selling insurance in State College.
This guy in another thread told me Cromartie was no better than Hali so lets get an idea of his starting point.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:56 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd like to know what those 2 guys have to do with each other and hey when Mark Sanchez is good this will be a funny debate, but forget all of that now the draft is a semantic debate about what players you believe in.

This is a debate about a player that's been in the NFL for 3 years and frankly sucks.
C'mon now. His fluid hips and vertical will lead him to do great things in a scheme he's never played in before.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:56 AM 03-02-2009
I can't believe we're having this discussion about Eric Hicks, err Tamba Hali.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:56 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan:
Who loaned it to you so you could watch Sanchez?
Sanchez hasn't even been drafted yet, and has far more upside and talent than you give him credit for.

Tamba Hali has already played in the NFL. For 3 seasons. Last season he demonstrated how pitiful he is when he doesn't have a 15-sack 4-3 DE on the other side of the line helping him out. He's PROVEN that the NFL is too big for him to find success in. Sanchez hasn't proven anything yet... might be an all-pro, he might be a bust. Whatever he is, he has far more upside in his future NFL career than Hali.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:57 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
C'mon now. His fluid hips and vertical will lead him to do great things in a scheme he's never played in before.
If Tamba Hali is fluid the guys who can really move must not even have a word...
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:58 AM 03-02-2009
I like Boomer Grigbsy a lot. He has a good motor and works hard. He'll be a good safety when we switch defensive schemes.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:59 AM 03-02-2009
I want to apologize to my brain for participating in this stupid thread.......
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 09:03 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
That's nice. There's 40 times in shorts and T-shirts, and then there is playing fast on the field with full pads and guys running around in every direction.

40 times are nice, but they're not useful for evaluating current NFL players, really.
Well then what was his 225 rep?
[Reply]
Crush 09:14 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I want to apologize to my brain for participating in this stupid thread.......

:-)
[Reply]
Crush 09:16 AM 03-02-2009
Tamba Hali in the 3-4? That is not very sensible.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:17 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Crush:
Tamba Hali in the 3-4? That is not very sensible.
The only way he'd be a stud in the 3-4 is if they told him he was back in Africa and handed him a gun and told him he could shoot the opposing players.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 09:31 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by SNR:
Sanchez hasn't even been drafted yet, and has far more upside and talent than you give him credit for.

Tamba Hali has already played in the NFL. For 3 seasons. Last season he demonstrated how pitiful he is when he doesn't have a 15-sack 4-3 DE on the other side of the line helping him out. He's PROVEN that the NFL is too big for him to find success in. Sanchez hasn't proven anything yet... might be an all-pro, he might be a bust. Whatever he is, he has far more upside in his future NFL career than Hali.
As a rookie, he didn't have a 15 sack guy helping him out. You know, the year he led the Chiefs in sacks.

I am not saying he is Jared Allen. In fact, it is clear that he is not a premier DE in a 4-3.

But, I think he will be a good fit for the 3-4.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 03-02-2009
Hali could play outside in a 3-4, no doubt about it. Will he be great? Who knows. He's played standing up before...
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:26 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hali could play outside in a 3-4, no doubt about it. Will he be great? Who knows. He's played standing up before...

But, but mecca says....

as usual someone said an opinion and mecca and TBG are first on scene to bash the idea. I have no idea if hali would be good or not, I know he's done good standing up before, and I know he's got the build to be an OLB in a 3-4. So of course that stands to reason that he may be able to do it. I don't care if he does or not, but it will be interesting to watch if the coaches try it.

why is that so hard to accept?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey:
But, but mecca says....

as usual someone said an opinion and mecca and TBG are first on scene to bash the idea. I have no idea if hali would be good or not, I know he's done good standing up before, and I know he's got the build to be an OLB in a 3-4. So of course that stands to reason that he may be able to do it. I don't care if he does or not, but it will be interesting to watch if the coaches try it.

why is that so hard to accept?
Because he runs like a slug.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up