ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk about the 49ers
SHOWTIME 02:08 PM Yesterday
Last time we met...

MECOLE HARDMAN WINS THE SUPER BOWL FOR THE CHIEFS.

BACK TO BACK FOR PATRICK MAHOMES.pic.twitter.com/euv1CsHzxk

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:55 AM Today
I have a feeling that this will be Skyy Moore's coming out party.

Okay, maybe I should have that second up of coffee before posting...
[Reply]
9erEmpire84 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I'd like to know what their RB situation is going to be next week.

If they're on their 3rd RB, then that means they're going to be facing us down one-dimensionally, which is lethal against Spags. I don't care who their receivers are. Spags will eat you alive. The 49ers do not have a very good OL, so Spags can reasonably drop everyone and assume Jones/Wharton/Karlaftis will get home.

Even with a guru like Shanahan designing plays, the 49ers will only put up about 20 points, give or take. Maybe not even that much.

And I don't even care what the other side of the ball looks like: Mahomes/Reid can get to 21 -- the 49ers actually have been giving up 21 a game almost exactly. The 49ers have fantastic defensive personnel at all three levels but their DC, Nick Sorensen, is not a force multiplier. He's not a mastermind, he simply relies on his great talent across the D to beat you. Wilks was better than him.

Shanahan's offense is just not going to be enough without Mason or McCaffrey. Kittle and Juszczyk are the only players that I think can give the Chiefs fits, given the Chiefs' defensive tendencies, but now that Bolton looks All World, I don't even know if they can do that.

Chiefs 24, 49ers 20.
Our running game will be just fine. We are never one dimensional let’s be honest. Our biggest weakness is our offensive line but with that said Purdy is sneaky athletic and can reset the pocket pretty consistently.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by 9erEmpire84:
Our running game will be just fine. We are never one dimensional let’s be honest. Our biggest weakness is our offensive line but with that said Purdy is sneaky athletic and can reset the pocket pretty consistently.
Your running game won't exist, Chiefs are giving up like 60 yards a game to elite RB's and you will be on some dude we have never heard of.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:20 AM Today
We do, it’s been torture. If Greenlaw didn’t hurt himself in the SuperBowl I think our defense holds you and we win.
Truly a tough break, but IIRC Greenlaw was an injury waiting to happen before the Super Bowl. If he ruptured the Achilles running onto the field, it was pretty likely that it would have ruptured at any moment anyway. Everyone deals with injuries.

We'll never know what might have happened if Greenlaw hadn't gone down because that's not the way it works. If it makes you feel better, just imagine that he ruptured the Achilles in the NFC championship game. Either way, he was out.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 AM Today
The 49ers are gonna have tough sledding against us without McCaffrey. It’s gonna be hard to score on us.

This game doesn’t mean a ton to me bc if we lose it’s an NFC game. We really need to split (at worst) between the Bills and Texans.

But yeah if we win we are gonna start to hear “undefeated” coming for awhile.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:23 AM Today
We do, it’s been torture. If Greenlaw didn’t hurt himself in the SuperBowl I think our defense holds you and we win.
:-) - everyone thinks their one player they were missing on D would have been the answer when playing the Chiefs. The reality is that you'd be wrong. We out-scheme and out-Mahomes you, no matter who is on the field.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Was it the Eagles we shit our pants against last year?
MVS shit his pants anyway.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

You mean he's gay and the game is in San Francisco?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

I've completely given up on Skyy. He's a lost cause. If we can get anything at all for him, we should take it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:08 AM Today
How many pressures did Brock Purdy see in the Super Bowl against the exact same defensive line he'll see this week?

50%. He saw 50% pressure. And now he's without a threatening run game to keep defenses honest (assuming Mason remains out).

Of the 24 receptions Purdy completed in the Super Bowl, literally a third of them went to McCaffrey, who caught all eight of his targets. Who's picking up that slack? That's a serious question.

One of Deebo/Aiyuk will have the McDuffie lock placed on him, I'm guessing Deebo. Aiyuk will get the Watson treatment with a safety overhead.

So you're going to need to beat us with Jauan Jennings, Kittle, and Juszczyk. That's not impossible, it's not like the 49ers are hopeless here. The game will be close. But there's a reason the Chiefs are undefeated right now, and that reason is that Spags and the D has answers for everything right now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:10 AM Today
Can I ask you, by the way, why the 49ers fired Wilks? Was the 49er fan base concerned when they let him walk?
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 09:27 AM Today
If your o-line is weak, Chris Jones and Karlaftis are going to feast. Not to mention that Purdy is already short and the Chiefs are great at batting down passes...
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
If your o-line is weak, Chris Jones and Karlaftis are going to feast. Not to mention that Purdy is already short and the Chiefs are great at batting down passes...
Derrick Henry and Bijan Robinson couldn't get any running room against us, but don't worry, Isaac Guerendo, who's fast but is a rookie who's never logged more than 10 carries in a game, will break the Chiefs wide open.

I really like the 49ers as a team but I think you need both a run game and a passing game to get up on KC. The 49ers normally have that, but they don't this week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
You'd think Clay would learn by now. There aren't ANY guaranteed wins or guaranteed blowouts in this league, but every week it's CHIEFS BY 30!!

Mahomes and Reid are going to win games...absolutely. But what this season has shown that anything will be "easy"
The Chiefs win close to 80 percent of their games in the Mahomes era and have won 10 in a row now.

I feel confident that if we win a hard road game in SF, the 6-0 Chiefs may only have two losses in them.

We've seen this team win 14 and 15 under Reid before.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Derrick Henry and Bijan Robinson couldn't get any running room against us, but don't worry, Isaac Guerendo, who's fast but is a rookie who's never logged more than 10 carries in a game, will break the Chiefs wide open.

I really like the 49ers as a team but I think you need both a run game and a passing game to get up on KC. The 49ers normally have that, but they don't this week.

Guarendo is really, really fast and can get to the edge, but his vision is still a work in progress. I wouldn’t expect him to be impactful making the one cut against the grain when the outside zone lane is closed off, and I expect KC to do an excellent job closing that off (because that’s what the front does).

Leo Chenal is the guy you create in a lab to play strong side backer against Shanahan offenses. I think his play has been a real key in the elevated run defense this year.

San Fran is going to need big games from Jennings and Aiyuk to make noise in this one, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up