ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>BJ Kissel destroys Dwight Freeney's "Mahomes abused the rules" narrative
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM Yesterday
This is a savage deconstruction of Freeney's bullshit. :-)

.@BJ_KCSN sets the record straight on Patrick Mahomes' "controversial" 33-yard sideline scramble against the 49ers 👇 pic.twitter.com/5zicNDgDPy

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) October 22, 2024

[Reply]
lcarus 06:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Don't forget to add Ravens fans to that list. They're borderline psychotic about "Ravens better than Chiefs", "Chiefs can't stop Henry", etc., etc. ad naseum.
They have the perfect plan. Until they get kicked in the dick. Like every time we play them. Get ahead of them by a couple scores and then they throw their papers in the air and start passing like crazy. Meanwhile Justice Hill is in the game while Henry stands there on the sideline looking dumb.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:55 PM Yesterday
I will fight Dwight Freeney at the George Brett statue right now!

(Forgot that the dog needs a bath. Never mind. No seriously Dwight: my dog really needs a bath.)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:03 PM Yesterday
Mahomes faked throwing it not fake going h out of bounds. I don't see any controversy.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:26 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fishels:
To be fair there wasn’t social media back in the early 2000”s. The Chiefs dynasty is the first of its age unless we count Brady’s last 3 won with Patriots.

Social media has made people stupid and believe in anything if told enough
Social media sites have been around since the late '90s.

On the other hand though that DB could have knocked him out of bounds and didn't do it. So I don't feel sorry for him. Now if the DB had shoved mahomes out of bounds and then got in a penalty for it that would have been a problem.
[Reply]
scho63 08:28 PM Yesterday
It's funny thinking people now hate the Chiefs like I used to hate the Cowboys, the Raiders, the Steelers, the Dolphins, the Broncos, the Patriots, the Yankees, the Cardinals, the Phillies and the Reds.

Ravens and 49ers fans hate Mahomes like I used to hate horse face Elway and ten head Peyton Manning.

Oh it is great to be the hated!
[Reply]
Bump 08:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Mahomes faked throwing it not fake going h out of bounds. I don't see any controversy.
I hope Mahomes does actually do some fake out of bounds against the raiders just to see them seethe more
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:53 PM Yesterday
Back in the 90's (I think) there was a game with the 49ers playing and I think it was Steve Young playing QB. I hated the 49ers and really wanted them to lose. The QB scrambled toward the sideline and definitely made it look like he was just going to trot out of bounds. He absolutely faked out the defense and then ran downfield for a ways. I don't remember anything about the play other than I was really pissed that he had taken advantage of the defensive players going easy on him.

Looking back on it now and the way the 49er fans are whining about Mahomes yesterday, I really wish I could find that play, but I can't. Does anyone else remember this play or know what game it was?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Back in the 90's (I think) there was a game with the 49ers playing and I think it was Steve Young playing QB. I hated the 49ers and really wanted them to lose. The QB scrambled toward the sideline and definitely made it look like he was just going to trot out of bounds. He absolutely faked out the defense and then ran downfield for a ways. I don't remember anything about the play other than I was really pissed that he had taken advantage of the defensive players going easy on him.

Looking back on it now and the way the 49er fans are whining about Mahomes yesterday, I really wish I could find that play, but I can't. Does anyone else remember this play or know what game it was?
No but it’s not super relevant. The entire issue is that QBs are so much better protected now via the rules and officiating that defensive players are afraid to hit a QB in a situation like that, lest it be a personal foul. That absolutely wasn’t the case in Steve Young’s day.

(Mind you, I agree with BJ’s take 100%. And even if there were plays where Mahomes had taken advantage of that, if it’s in the spirit of the rules, who cares?)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No but it’s not super relevant. The entire issue is that QBs are so much better protected now via the rules and officiating that defensive players are afraid to hit a QB in a situation like that, lest it be a personal foul. That absolutely wasn’t the case in Steve Young’s day.

(Mind you, I agree with BJ’s take 100%. And even if there were plays where Mahomes had taken advantage of that, if it’s in the spirit of the rules, who cares?)
Like the Neil Smith flinch rule.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up