ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- way back in the day - Noland Rd. (memory lane) *NFT
Simply Red 08:32 AM 03-20-2014
Honestly - did you ever 'cruise' Noland?

I was a tad young but would tag along w/ my sister and her friends when she'd allow it.

I remember the Wild Woodys - the Venture - there was an awesome video store where we'd rent Cheech and Chong movies. Let's see - Tippins, Arthur Treachers - Rustlers BBQ, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers.

Those were the days - 1969 Nova v8 w/ Cragar's.

WE WERE THERE!

reminiscing today for some reason...

[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:54 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Sully:
Dude, have you seen that the Urge is playing shows again? Blue Note, around Missouri,...
yeah hopefully I get down to a show in springfield. Good musicians and not just boozed up ska band these days.
[Reply]
Estron 02:40 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Hey and screw you guys calling my home town "a shithole." I'll fight each and every one of you, and bring my methed-out Camaro head pals along with me!
How does a fight settle the question of whether it is a shithole or not?
[Reply]
KC native 03:46 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Estron:
How does a fight settle the question of whether it is a shithole or not?
You must live in Johnson county.
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:52 PM 03-20-2014
I graduated from chrisman in 2002. No one cruised Noland any more. My freshman year a few people sill would but it was rare.
[Reply]
KC native 03:54 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
I graduated from chrisman in 2002. No one cruised Noland any more. My freshman year a few people sill would but it was rare.
The cops started getting aggressive with cruisers in 98-99. It really died during my senior year (99) compared to when I started hitting Noland in 95-96.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:03 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It was the 90s but I got tattooed at Kingpin.
This
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:21 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Honestly - did you ever 'cruise' Noland?

I was a tad young but would tag along w/ my sister and her friends when she'd allow it.

I remember the Wild Woodys - the Venture - there was an awesome video store where we'd rent Cheech and Chong movies. Let's see - Tippins, Arthur Treachers - Rustlers BBQ, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers.

Those were the days - 1969 Nova v8 w/ Cragar's

WE WERE THERE!

reminiscing today for some reason...
Oh yeah? Was yours an SS you rebuilt from the unit body up, including engine from bare block, with your dad starting when you were 13?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:26 PM 03-20-2014
I did in the late 80's, the summer after My junior year of high school. Sat in the Hardees parking lot as well as the Pier 1 Imports parking lot. Got some serious Blue Spring's tail from there.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:26 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I'm from the KS side, but spent many hours at Cool Crest. Loved that place. Is it still there?

As for the Venture stores. They never had their sale items in stock on the KS side either.
True story, I watched the Bill-Oilers comeback playoff game at the Venture on Bannister. Wandered in there was the Oilers went as far ahead as they were going to get. Slowly a crowd of about 50 filled the electronics section. Mom and sis were off in ladies clothes, came be ready to go early in the 4thQ. Me and dad overruled her. Good times.
[Reply]
BullJunkandIron 04:40 PM 03-20-2014
I cruised Noland Road. There was a t-shirt shop there that I bought with a big Scooby plant on it and said Nature's Gift. Ate Free Lunches at the General's Inn. Ate at Hawthorne's with the stained ass glasses. Worked at the Wendy's on Noland Road. Most of the time I had to walk from Little Blue Road to the Wendy's. Filled out an application at Wild Woody's they never called. Saw Big Daddy Don Garlits sp? at the KCIR. Went to the Super Bowl of Rock n Roll at Arrowhead. Journey, Doobie Brothers Van Halen if I remember correctly. Anybody remember I think it was the General's Inn and Hawthorne's. Or was this before everybody's time?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:52 PM 03-20-2014
There was a Howard Johnsons at I70 and Noland long ago. Would stay there when we would drive up to see the Royals.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:01 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by go bowe:
all but red lobster are gone now...

[Reply]
Simply Red 05:01 PM 03-20-2014
Rustlers BBQ never had a chance no way.
[Reply]
Big Poppa Payne 05:27 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It was the 90s but I got tattooed at Kingpin.
I used to own the Pager Store above Kingpin back in the mid 90's. That Kingpin was a drug mecca, those Munk boys that owned that place dealt more drugs then tattoos.

Anyone ever eat at the Shoney's brunch buffet? Or Rax?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:28 PM 03-20-2014
Man you guys are making me hungry for some pizza from dingy old funhouse.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up