Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>7/22/24 Daily Training Camp Thread
Buehler445 06:29 AM 07-22-2024
Here’s to no injuries
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:51 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Good news so far. I could see the NFL waiting until the Chiefs dominate half the season and then decide that the only way to slow them down and make the other AFC teams (mildly) competitive would be to suspend Rice. Sorry Roger, that won’t work. You might have to give Harbaugh and Payton actual hand jobs. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 07-22-2024
If they haven't decided on it at the beginning of the year, it won't happen until next year.
[Reply]
TLO 02:00 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Toney working out of the backfield is interesting, as long as they don't ever expect him to block. Seems more like they're just trying to find some kind of use for him, but they were playing him in the backfield last year, too. Who knows, they might get something out of him.

They probably just can't figure out how a guy with so much talent can be so bad at football, so they want to give him every opportunity. I get it, and secretly am still hoping myself that he explodes. It is a contract year, so if it's ever going to happen, it's now.
You may be right.

All I know is I feel so much better about the WR core this season compared to last.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:01 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
JFC can you keep stupid comments in DC?
Can you keep your DC bitterness out of the Lounge? It wasn't a serious question.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:21 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
You may be right.

All I know is I feel so much better about the WR core this season compared to last.
Oh hell yeah, it's so nice to have to be searching for a role for him instead of hoping to God he's a legit #1. Those days are long gone, but I do think if anyone can find a use for him, it's Andy. If there's anything there, they'll get it out of him.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:25 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Toney working out of the backfield is interesting, as long as they don't ever expect him to block. Seems more like they're just trying to find some kind of use for him, but they were playing him in the backfield last year, too. Who knows, they might get something out of him.

They probably just can't figure out how a guy with so much talent can be so bad at football, so they want to give him every opportunity. I get it, and secretly am still hoping myself that he explodes. It is a contract year, so if it's ever going to happen, it's now.
I would like to see how he does with a full training camp though.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:26 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they haven't decided on it at the beginning of the year, it won't happen until next year.
When did they make the decision on Gay? I can't remember, but it seems like that was a couple of games in right?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:32 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
When did they make the decision on Gay? I can't remember, but it seems like that was a couple of games in right?
If they are waiting on the courts, he's playing this season. I don't think this gets anywhere near resolved in the court system this season.
[Reply]
tmax63 03:07 PM 07-22-2024
A question for you defensive gurus out there. You put Xavier and Hollywood outside, Rice and Mecole or Kelce in the slot and Toney in the backfield. How do you defend that?
[Reply]
wazu 03:10 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by tmax63:
A question for you defensive gurus out there. You put Xavier and Hollywood outside, Rice and Mecole or Kelce in the slot and Toney in the backfield. How do you defend that?
I completely ignore Mecole and Toney, then hope they get so wide open that Patrick can't help himself.
[Reply]
In58men 03:11 PM 07-22-2024
Any word on Punt God?

Haven’t heard much…..
[Reply]
wazu 03:14 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Any word on Punt God?

Haven’t heard much…..
He was working with Butker today on holding.
[Reply]
In58men 03:19 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
He was working with Butker today on holding.
That’ll work, wasn’t sure if he still had the same leg he did in college. He’s going to be a significant piece to our special teams.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:40 PM 07-22-2024
Justin Reid with a quad tear?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:44 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Justin Reid with a quad tear?
Jesus I hope not. A tear would be horrible on many levels.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up