ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kafka to NYG as OC
Dante84 12:02 PM 02-03-2022
Damn

The #Giants are in talks on a deal to hire #Chiefs QBs coach Mike Kafka as their OC, per @MikeGarafolo. The former NFL QB has been working with Andy Reid for the last several years and is considered an up-and-coming coach in the league. Big hire for Brian Daboll.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 3, 2022

[Reply]
splatbass 01:00 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We are going to be stuck with Andy and EB incompetence for life.
So, as a Chief:

Six division titles in a row.
Hosted four AFC Championships in a row (never done before).
Two Super Bowl Appearances.
One Super Bowl Win.
Career coaching record: 252–151–1 (.625)
Made playoffs 8 out of 9 years as Chiefs HC.

And you consider this incompetent? Put down the crack pipe dude.
[Reply]
booger 01:01 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude, he had two first round draft pick QB's and was terrible with both of them. He offense was widely regarded as out of date, poorly designed and he didn't scheme to the strengths of his QB's.

We don't need any has-been and never-was guys. We need fresh minds, fresh ideas. Pluck from the McVay tree, idgaf. But the staff needs an injection of invigoration. Not a failed HC that proved he didn't have any offensive prowess.
He’s not going to go find a new tree for his ideas. He has his own fucking tree he’s been successful with. It’s a minor move to bring back a protege who made mistakes and give him some role. He will be able to tell if he’s ever going to be successful or if his ceiling is QB coach. Small piece of the pie about the future of the team not just next year but years down the line. He might go pluck someone from college whose has a good resume and teach him himself. Girardi was a GA with Kafka at Northwestern. He doesn’t need new ideas his and the staffs ideas have been great for years. Maybe they get to cute and overthink things. Shit like that. But their ideas are just fine. They need to self scout and execution also plays a part. He doesn’t need to poach the new trendy dipshit off of whoever’s tree.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:01 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
With some of Mahomes struggles this year is losing his QB coach really that big of a loss? We are talking about a Giants hiring.
Maybe hire Alex Smith to keep Mahomes from losing his shit in a crisis?
[Reply]
booger 01:03 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Nothing says being a great WR coach and having a season where no WR catches a TD.
Go look up his career and how many years he coached with Reid in Philly and KC and you pick the worst year Alex had. You dumbfucking ignorant shitstain
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:04 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh and fuck the first person who says to hire Alex Smith.
Tyler Thigpen
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:05 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
Maybe hire Alex Smith to keep Mahomes from losing his shit in a crisis?
Alternatively, Mahomes could have his penis fashioned into a vagina and answer to "Patricia".
[Reply]
Renegade 01:15 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Alternatively, Mahomes could have his penis fashioned into a vagina and answer to "Patricia".
Didn't we have a thread showing what all the QB's would look like as female? The female version of PMII could be "Patricia"
[Reply]
oldman 01:23 PM 02-03-2022
Could the Chiefs be playing the long game, allowing Kafka to leave and make/break it as an OC? Two years (or more) down the road when Andy retires, if Kafka wins in NY, bring him back as HC? If he he sucks there, we're not stuck with him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:28 PM 02-03-2022
Y'all know literally NOTHING about Kafka and are all-

"OH NOES! THERE GOES OUR FUTURE!"

This place has lost it's collective mind.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:35 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Y'all know literally NOTHING about Kafka and are all-

"OH NOES! THERE GOES OUR FUTURE!"

This place has lost it's collective mind.
Or we do and Ada I’ll hired him because he saw the same things we did from him.

This is a big loss. I’d rather have lost EB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:42 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Or we do and Ada I’ll hired him because he saw the same things we did from him.

This is a big loss. I’d rather have lost EB.
Is that right? What did you see from him?
[Reply]
mkp785 01:44 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
clean beinnemy and spags too....just start with some fresh ideas
Well, if we get rid of Spags...I hear Brian Flores might be looking for a new gig. To the ship.....:-)
[Reply]
mkp785 01:51 PM 02-03-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
With shit qbs. Nobody said bring him in to call plays. Just get him back on staff and evaluate him for the future and whether he makes sense or not. He’s never had a chance to work with Mahomes. Lots of HCs **** up their first shot. Doesn’t hurt a ****ing thing to bring him back and sit him in the press box on game day and go from there
If we're bringing back KC retread OCs, then go call Pederson for the love of God. I'll take him over EB, Nagy and Kafka. There's a chance with him that Andy MIGHT defer to his opinion every once in awhile. Maybe we can actually run the ball occasionally.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:54 PM 02-03-2022
Who fucking cares? Only coach I care about keeping is Andy Reid. No one else matters.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:56 PM 02-03-2022
With less fanfare than A Report to an Academy, like A Dream, Kafka is gone. The Man Who Disappeared. The Trial is over and The Metamorphosis is complete. This sucks - after hearing this news, I'm gonna need A Country Doctor, or at least Meditation.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up