ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumor circulating that Jerod Mayo is going to be fired
Mecca 01:26 PM Today

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

"Sources have informed me that within the next 48 hours, Jerod Mayo will be removed as head coach of the New England @Patriots."https://t.co/rKX1AzOLt1 pic.twitter.com/IoApoV40nf

— The Kirk Minihane Show (@kirkminshow) October 23, 2024

Not sure how reliable this source is but there is a ton of smoke out there that Mayo is an arrogant douchebag that has already broken the locker room.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
ILB coach vs DC for many years? Not remotely the same man JFC.
You're focused on resumes. I'm saying they IGNORED that in favor of hiring "one of theirs". Gunther didn't get the job because he was a good coordinator, he got hired because Carl wanted to squeeze every last drop out of Martyball. No surprise that it failed, just like Mayo.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Probably Kraft wants to go after Ben Johnson to develop Drake Maye.

Mayo always seemed like a placeholder to me.
Why would Johnson take that trash job??
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM Today
I don’t think this is a race issue. I think bellichick has no ability to teach his coaches about leadership. This is the same exact thing we’ve heard about everyone from Flores to McDaniels to Matt Patricia. He was probably hired there because like every patriot org (let alone the OG patriots) give a huge advantage to anyone on the bellichick tree.

This is the same situation we’ve seen pop up consistently with any patriot tree stooge not named bellichick
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:09 PM Today
Yea it will absolutely be all about racism if he gets fired, even if its at the end of the season.

It makes zero sense to fire him now anyway they aren't winning anything regardless.

Truth is he was likely just really not qualified. I didn't hear a single person suggest that at the time for some reason.
Agreed. The Pats were a shit team last year and to give the guy only 7 games is really not right IMO unless he broke the law or something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t think this is a race issue. I think bellichick has no ability to teach his coaches about leadership. This is the same exact thing we’ve heard about everyone from Flores to McDaniels to Matt Patricia. He was probably hired there because like every patriot org (let alone the OG patriots) give a huge advantage to anyone on the bellichick tree.

This is the same situation we’ve seen pop up consistently with any patriot tree stooge not named bellichick
Exactly this.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sorry that some of us have seen this movie 100 times and know exactly what will happen if a first time black HC is fired jsut 7 games in. Hell, I haven't even mentioned that we're talking about a team from BOSTON to boot.

You really have zero foresight huh?
I just can't wrap my mind around why you would bring it up. If somebody suggested it, I get responding. But why would you rush to suggest something that YOU don't believe is true?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're focused on resumes. I'm saying they IGNORED that in favor of hiring "one of theirs". Gunther didn't get the job because he was a good coordinator, he got hired because Carl wanted to squeeze every last drop out of Martyball. No surprise that it failed, just like Mayo.
Are you ****ing smoking crack?

And hiring Mayo brings zero continuity to moving on from Bellichick. The ILB's weren't single handedly winning the games for NE all those years.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:14 PM Today
Pitt Gorilla is really mad at me for saying people will blame racism, but how does he respond when people blame racism?

You're so ****ing transparent it's pathetic.
I would be shocked if every damn media douche that looks like Mayo doesn't being up race. It's what they do.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:14 PM Today
Who didn't see this coming?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM Today
Are you fucking smoking crack?
:-)

Gunther wasnt even a great coordinator. He never had back to back seasons of good defense in his career. Get over it. He sucked. Carl wanted a yes man. He even said so when he hired Vermeil.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I just can't wrap my mind around why you would bring it up. If somebody suggested it, I get responding. But why would you rush to suggest something that YOU don't believe is true?
JFC dude are you really this dense?

It was a prediction and a VERY obivious one at that. That's it. I brought it up because personally my first thought was "oh boy, do they really not see those accusations coming from 100 miles away if they do this?"

The real question is why do so many people get butthurt by that observation and why do they all share the same ideology?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM Today
Are you ****ing smoking crack?
When Gunther was hired the only guys vermeil considered were promotions to the failed assistants on Greg Robinson’s staff. I think he really wanted Peter Guinta. I think the only guys vermeil considered Peterson legitimately interviewed from the outside was Gunther who was a tree guy.

Carl Peterson was a notorious tree guy. This was the guy who repeatedly hired scouts who favored the pac 10 or who scouted top picks based on a phone call to his bodies (like when his head personnel guy had no idea who Ben roethlisberger was).
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

Gunther wasnt even a great coordinator. He never had back to back seasons of good defense in his career. Get over it. He sucked. Carl wanted a yes man. He even said so when he hired Vermeil.
You are using revisionist history here bud because he didn't succeed when he came back under Vermeil.

KC won the 2nd most games in the entire decade of the 1990's and it sure as **** wasn't because of the offense.

He sucked! :-)

Originally Posted by :
During his original tenure as defensive coordinator, Cunningham's defenses allowed an average of only 16.4 points per game, the best mark in the NFL and had a turnover margin of +30, tops in the AFC.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:19 PM Today
Pitt Gorilla is really mad at me for saying people will blame racism, but how does he respond when people blame racism?

You're so ****ing transparent it's pathetic.
Did I not make it CLEAR that I DON'T think it would be racism? Are you not able to quote those posts as well?

I responded about Judge because I had honestly forgotten about him and how atrocious he was. Mayo is likely just as bad and should absolutely be fired if the locker room is as bad as folks claim it is.

Again, I think I've made it ABUNDANTLY clear that it's NOT about racism. Zero idea how/why you choose not to understand that, but I suppose that's just what you do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Calling his team soft apparently was not well received… shocking.
I honestly thought there was a way that might work out for him.

But I didn't realize he'd already fractured the lockerroom.

You can pull that lever occasionally. But your team has to give a shit if you're calling them out and you should probably not do so if you haven't made physicality or something along those lines a point of emphasis in prior team meetings.

I mean even in his first season when the Lions sucked for the first 2/3 of the season, Campbell would occasionally say similar things but the players would respond positively because they believed in HIM.

There is a way to do it when you aren't naming names but you have to have the organizational capital for players to be shamed by it. If you don't, the players aren't shamed, they just think you're a prick who's throwing them under the bus because you're in over your head.

If there's even a shred of truth to the 'teachers pet' stuff mentioned early in the thread, he's gotta go. Because he'll never get that team back. If that situation is legit, he needed to be out there taking bullets for them to earn that level of trust.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up