ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Is Trevor Lawrence a bust and vastly overrated?
scho63 07:25 AM Today
This is really shocking to me how this guy has fallen off a cliff and the Jags are really in decline.

I don't follow them with a microscope to look at every injury or player transaction but what the hell has happened to them?

Is Doug Pederson not really great?
Was Trevor overrated from the start?
Is it all about a bad team and no weapons?
Key injuries?

He is looking bad, throwing bad picks, missing guys all over.

Almost playing like Zach Wilson

Can someone tell me how he is 0-8 in his last 8.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:15 PM Today
Huge mistake to give him $200 million guaranteed. Wonder if they will end up trading him like Philly did with Carson Wentz.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:24 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Huge mistake to give him $200 million guaranteed. Wonder if they will end up trading him like Philly did with Carson Wentz.
Dug Pedarsens destroys QBs
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not going to judge anyone under Urban Meyer that was just stupid as fuck.
Nobody is.

It's that he regressed in his 3rd year that should concern people. And has looked even worse in year 4.

The progression from Year 1 to year 2 put "Urban Meyer ruined him as a rookie" on the table. Especially if you saw any growth at all in year 3. You didn't - at best he was the same guy and in most ways he was worse.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dug Pedarsens destroys QBs
Kind of funny that Pederson was the coach at the time both Wentz & Lawrence got their mega contract. Regardless, I will always be grateful to Pederson & Nick Foles for taking out Brady & Belichick in the Super Bowl. It was glorious, haha.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM Today
I seem to remember a lot of people giving others shit for saying the Jags shouldn't have paid him after they did.

I personally said I get it at the time, but at what point does somebody not pay a Lawrence/Dak/Tua type of QB?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I seem to remember a lot of people giving others shit for saying the Jags shouldn't have paid him after they did.

I personally said I get it at the time, but at what point does somebody not pay a Lawrence/Dak/Tua type of QB?
I've been saying we're at/near that saturation point for a decade and have been wrong every time.

I figured 5-6 years ago we might actually see the beginning of a QB middle class where guys simply don't get the top of the market if they're not top of the market QBs. Was wrong there as well.

Maybe this 2-high thing will convince teams that they don't need a highly paid QB to take the underneath ball (and in many ways, the pressure of the contract may make them LESS likely to handle those defenses well and thus are counterproductive).

It appears to be simple supply and demand. There are more teams that need QBs than there are even mediocre options available to them. So we continue to see scarcity drive the price point.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've been saying we're at/near that saturation point for a decade and have been wrong every time.

I figured 5-6 years ago we might actually see the beginning of a QB middle class where guys simply don't get the top of the market if they're not top of the market QBs. Was wrong there as well.

Maybe this 2-high thing will convince teams that they don't need a highly paid QB to take the underneath ball (and in many ways, the pressure of the contract may make them LESS likely to handle those defenses well and thus are counterproductive).

It appears to be simple supply and demand. There are more teams that need QBs than there are even mediocre options available to them. So we continue to see scarcity drive the price point.
I think there will always be somebody out there that will pay them, but at what point does one team say "eh fuck this shit we know he's not going to be worth that"?

All it takes is one, so I guess it's possible :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It’s because he has such gay hair. One of the big reasons he sucks
Is it vastly different than Steele's?
[Reply]
DRM08 01:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Miami should have signed Kirk Cousins (or even Andy Dalton/Carson Wentz) and let Tua walk out the door. Let somebody else take the risk on concussion problems. Dolphins have elite weapons. Veteran QB’s like Cousins, Dalton, or Wentz can do a solid job with that supporting cast.
[Reply]
scho63 02:52 PM Today
I feel like he has been give a pass for a long time. Don't get that part either but I think this is starting to bubble up to the surface finally.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lawrence 2024 QBR: 45
Mahomes 2024 QBR: 48

I'd give him a little more time but the Jags sure have looked rough.
You make the dumbest comparisons and arguments.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:16 PM Today
Trevor irons his hair. If he puts Sex Panther in the mist compartment, it may be alright
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up