ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:57 AM 10-30-2023
As Bill Grigsby once said, “I’m too old to cry and too sick to puke”
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:21 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't really "get" Nagy, or why he should be viewed as anything but a failed HC. Even assuming the rank playcallng is Reid, the one thing everyone gave Bienimy props for was getting the team ready to play. Nagy doesn't appear to even have that quality.
He’s got a lot to prove but in fairness, it’s asking a lot of him with all the turnover. But especially when players don’t execute. I still stand by the idea that he’s largely a product of Andy Reid and that has had a long history of working out fine for us.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:19 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He’s got a lot to prove but in fairness, it’s asking a lot of him with all the turnover. But especially when players don’t execute. I still stand by the idea that he’s largely a product of Andy Reid and that has had a long history of working out fine for us.
Like I said, we just looked unprepared for that game. That feels like it's as much on him as anyone.

In his defence I think this is a pattern we're going to see with Mahomes. A year he destroys everyone, followed by a year he relatively struggles and has to adjust. I also think our OTs and WRs are not great and some players have simply regressed, including on our IOL. But if Nagy isn't telling Reid to can all the cute stuff, lateral crap and outside runs, or telling Mahomes to trust guys (i mean fair enough, why should he) rather than wait for Kelce, and there's no indication he's doing this, then what's he here for?
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:23 AM 10-30-2023
This feels similar to the discussion on Bieniemy we kept having. What is he responsible for? Is he calling the plays? Is Reid overruling him?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:13 AM 10-30-2023
I think it's rather obvious that Reid/Nagy are trying to gameplan around the lack of talent at receiver we apparently have at the moment. The problem becomes when you're calling plays along the lines of a one read option for a generational QB to execute and his guys can't hold up their end of the bargain, you get what we got yesterday.

I'm willing to write the entire experience off to Mahomes being sick, our receivers having a total shit day, and the Broncos absolutely having enough of losing to us (their defense has not played like that all season until yesterday). But, changes need to be made THIS week regarding play calls and personnel groupings. I think that's stating the obvious right now.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 11:14 AM 10-30-2023
Let's go old school and just have Mahomes call the plays.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 10-30-2023
It's Andy. This is the same playcall see ran when Nagy was in Chicago.

I think you're gonna see some new shit against Miami
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:39 PM 10-30-2023
Nagy isn’t laminating Andy’s playcall sheet properly?

Not sure what the criticism of Nagy is when Andy calls the plays.
[Reply]
seamonster 01:03 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Like I said, we just looked unprepared for that game. That feels like it's as much on him as anyone.

In his defence I think this is a pattern we're going to see with Mahomes. A year he destroys everyone, followed by a year he relatively struggles and has to adjust. I also think our OTs and WRs are not great and some players have simply regressed, including on our IOL. But if Nagy isn't telling Reid to can all the cute stuff, lateral crap and outside runs, or telling Mahomes to trust guys (i mean fair enough, why should he) rather than wait for Kelce, and there's no indication he's doing this, then what's he here for?
You're thinking of a position coach. A true NFL offensive coordinator is installing hundreds of plays, scheming and watching film on the next team and meeting with the positions coaches on the playbook. They don't have time to hold hands.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:07 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve run a one man route on 3rd down.
I’ve lost track on how many times we’ve gotten negative yards on first down because our running game is ass.

I’ve lost track how many first downs we’ve passed up cause we’re forcing the ball to Kelce.

I’ve lost track on how many open Wrs we’ve passed up so we could throw it deep in short yardage situations.

I’ve lost rack on how many easy dropped balls we’ve had.

There’s lots to lose track of here.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:12 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by seamonster:
You're thinking of a position coach. A true NFL offensive coordinator is installing hundreds of plays, scheming and watching film on the next team and meeting with the positions coaches on the playbook. They don't have time to hold hands.
Less about holding hands and more about setting expectations. I've never liked the shouters and screamers much but maybe that offense needs a couple of them. I mean, I don't think that's really the full diagnosis of their problems obviously! Anyway, bottom line is the playcalling is horrid.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:14 PM 10-30-2023
Whoever keeps changing the WR's on the field constantly and thinks Moore should get a ton of snaps should get fired.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:17 PM 10-30-2023
WBF
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:49 PM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Whoever keeps changing the WR's on the field constantly and thinks Moore should get a ton of snaps should get fired.
You should start the fire Andy Reid thread.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 PM 10-30-2023
Mecca's posting volume has to be at a season high right now :-)

The Reidian Run is about to begin!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up