ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Colonoscopy
BlackHelicopters 08:17 AM 08-19-2016
Just picked up prep liquid for colonoscopy. Procedure is Monday. So excited I can hardly wait.
[Reply]
ping2000 12:13 PM 01-31-2018
Got a picture of your nurse and the camera they will be using for your procedure.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:12 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Got a picture of your nurse and the camera they will be using for your procedure.
Come here, sonny.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:27 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Only one year and four months late. Keep up the fine work.
[Reply]
ping2000 03:46 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Only one year and four months late. Keep up the fine work.
She's still inside.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:27 PM 01-31-2018
On this note, I had the procedure done last year, and it was the first time I've ever had general anesthesia.

Holy cow, that stuff is magical. They said, "We'll start the anesthesia now", and I said, "Okay", and then they said, "We're done. You can go home now", and I realized I was in a different room. Freaky.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:30 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On this note, I had the procedure done last year, and it was the first time I've ever had general anesthesia.

Holy cow, that stuff is magical. They said, "We'll start the anesthesia now", and I said, "Okay", and then they said, "We're done. You can go home now", and I realized I was in a different room. Freaky.
What's really magical is not even the doctors giving it to you can explain how it works.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:50 PM 01-31-2018

Just one of those things as we age.

Thankfully you are asleep now. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to go through it when they didn't put you out.
[Reply]
Frosty 05:24 PM 01-31-2018

Is it the stuff where you wake up pretty quickly like with an operation or is it the stuff more like you get with dental work where you are groggy and goofy as you come out of it?
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:26 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Is it the stuff where you wake up pretty quickly like with an operation or is it the stuff more like you get with dental work where you are groggy and goofy as you come out of it?
They told me that I'd feel slow and groggy for a few hours afterwards, but that didn't happen at all. As soon as I was conscious, I was running around like a Yorkshire Terrier. I don't know if I was an outlier or if they're overly conservative in their warnings, but I went from 0 to 100 percent instantaneously.
[Reply]
Frosty 05:31 PM 01-31-2018
They told me that I'd feel slow and groggy for a few hours afterwards, but that didn't happen at all. As soon as I was conscious, I was running around like a Yorkshire Terrier. I don't know if I was an outlier or if they're overly conservative in their warnings, but I went from 0 to 100 percent instantaneously.
When I had shoulder surgery last year, I came to almost instantly. Like you said, one second they are fussing around in the OR and the next, you're awake in the recovery room. On the other hand, it took a lot longer to come out of it when I had my wisdom teeth out and I kind of made a fool out of myself in the process. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:33 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
When I had shoulder surgery last year, I came to almost instantly. Like you said, one second they are fussing around in the OR and the next, you're awake in the recovery room. On the other hand, it took a lot longer to come out of it when I had my wisdom teeth out and I kind of made a fool out of myself in the process. :-)
I was actually pretty worried about that. I've seen those youtube videos and I didn't want to start talking about my secret second family or the incident in Terre Haute. Apparently I didn't.
[Reply]
Frosty 05:37 PM 01-31-2018
I was actually pretty worried about that. I've seen those youtube videos and I didn't want to start talking about my secret second family or the incident in Terre Haute. Apparently I didn't.
I have a consult for this next week and, it's dumb, but this is a bigger fear for me. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:29 PM Yesterday
Well shit my turn
[Reply]
scho63 06:47 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Well shit my turn
It is the easiest thing you will ever do with your health.

Most overrated fear factor I have ever seen. I actually felt great after dropping all the gut waste and bloat during the prep.

Eat fiber and other light things the day or two before your prep. You will have very loose bowels and should use your shower to clean up rather than wiping 1000 times. A bidet is best.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Well shit my turn
There's plenty of shitting, for sure.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up