ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>[Confirmed] Jaylen Watson - Broken Ankle
Dante84 11:03 PM Yesterday

Source: Chiefs fear that CB Jaylen Watson has a broken ankle.

— Zach Gelb (@ZachGelb) October 21, 2024

#Chiefs CB Jaylen Watson, one of their emerging young players on defense, suffered a fractured ankle in Sunday’s win over the #49ers, sources say.

He’ll have more imaging done today to determine if a return this season is possible. But tough reality for an up-and-coming corner. pic.twitter.com/86J6M58zqm

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 21, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM Today
Yea either someone is gonna have to step up and be something they haven't been before or your praying some vet refinds the fountain of youth.
[Reply]
srvy 12:22 PM Today
Where is Ekoe Boye Doe ? Poach him for some depth. That dude has some talent and surprised me he was cut so quickly.

Just did a search he is back in his home country Ghana. Just strange he was on the active SB roster to waived the next year. He reminded me a little of Sauce Gardner.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:28 PM Today
Realistically they're gonna take Josh Williams, who has started games and played in Super Bowls, and insert him into the lineup while they find someone else to replace him on teams. It's a no brainer.

And the opportunity you know he's been waiting for.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM Today
Ya'll know Spags and Veach will kick over a rotten log and find a plus corner.

It's what they do.

Now stop dooming.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea either someone is gonna have to step up and be something they haven't been before or your praying some vet refinds the fountain of youth.
Vikings got Stephon Gilmore pretty cheap.

He’s been fine from what I’ve seen. I always think he’s about to fall off a cliff, but he never does.
[Reply]
srvy 12:53 PM Today
I think Boye Doe must have got hooked chewing Khat and became a pirate back in Ghana.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by threebag:
Depends.
Speaking of which...seeing Emmitt Smith on a Depends commercial yesterday made me feel older than I should as a Gen X.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:08 PM Today
It's hard to keep healthy legs in 2024.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
ProFootballDoc is saying this is almost assuredly season-ending.

Super bummed for the kid, hope he can come back next year and earn a nice payday from some team in 2026.

It's next man up. Truly no better position group that we are better at developing. Just please, enough of these season-enders.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if this isn't fractures that occurred as part of a high-ankle sprain.

Now that said, Cook's injury happened in week 13. Had it happened in say week 9, we may have gotten him back by the post-season.

If we have a long playoff run, we probably get him back. It's still awfully early in the season.

But man, we seem to take a bullet every week. And none of them are short term. It's pretty brutal.

Losing Eric Fisher wasn't the end of the world for us during that playoff run. But eventually we took one more bullet than the team could reasonably withstand. The cascade effect of these injuries is going to continue to pile up on us.

I know we're sitting at 6-0 but it still feels to me like we're going to have to hustle to stay above 12-5 (what a strange bar that 12-5 would feel disappointing). There's gonna be some pain coming.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Realistically they're gonna take Josh Williams, who has started games and played in Super Bowls, and insert him into the lineup while they find someone else to replace him on teams. It's a no brainer.

And the opportunity you know he's been waiting for.
He didn't forget how to play. And he's been healthy. CB play is just notoriously erratic apart from the very top of the heap guys. So someone like Williams is going to have tough games and when someone else plays better than him, it's going to be hard for him to prove his worth and get that spot back.

But now that the Watson hurdle has been removed, there's no reason to think Williams CAN'T step up and be solid.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ya'll know Spags and Veach will kick over a rotten log and find a plus corner.

It's what they do.

Now stop dooming.
Like I said, it's the cascade effect. We're already insanely thin at WR. We're getting thinner at DB. We just cannot continue to take these long-term injuries to starters.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'd be surprised if this isn't fractures that occurred as part of a high-ankle sprain.

Now that said, Cook's injury happened in week 13. Had it happened in say week 9, we may have gotten him back by the post-season.

If we have a long playoff run, we probably get him back. It's still awfully early in the season.

But man, we seem to take a bullet every week. And none of them are short term. It's pretty brutal.

Losing Eric Fisher wasn't the end of the world for us during that playoff run. But eventually we took one more bullet than the team could reasonably withstand. The cascade effect of these injuries is going to continue to pile up on us.

I know we're sitting at 6-0 but it still feels to me like we're going to have to hustle to stay above 12-5 (what a strange bar that 12-5 would feel disappointing). There's gonna be some pain coming.
Man....I dunno. I know the offense has taken some arrows, but it also feels like it's just on the edge of just breaking out.

Get that going and ....I just don't see how it's not 14/15 wins.
[Reply]
DenverChief 01:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Speaking of which...seeing Emmitt Smith on a Depends commercial yesterday made me feel older than I should as a Gen X.
Right?!?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:34 PM Today
How did everybody feel about Roland-Wallace steeping in? He had a pick and tackled well but gave up a catch or two.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man....I dunno. I know the offense has taken some arrows, but it also feels like it's just on the edge of just breaking out.

Get that going and ....I just don't see how it's not 14/15 wins.
Does it?

I feel like it's on the verge of finding an identity and playing to that identity quite well. But that's a 25-30 rush/gm, short/intermediate passing team.

A RBBC that is effective but not explosive with a play-action passing game that is going to take a couple deep shots/gm while using some WR motion on reverses, etc... to find some space in the middle of the field for the TEs.

Honestly, I think the offense we saw on Sunday is about what we'll see going forward and what may make/break any given game (offensively) is just hitting that deep shot.

I mean I could EASILY see a scenario where Mahomes doesn't hit 4K yards passing this season but we end up with 1,500+ yards from Pacheco/Hunt.

And that's not a bad offense, but it's an offense that probably settles in the 16-21 ppg range and if they hit 27+ it's going to be off a big special teams play, a short field created by a turnover or they hit that shot play. And there WILL be games that happens.

But there was a lot that went right schematically yesterday and we put up 325 total yards. That's...not exactly 'breaking out'. It's...okay.

I think this is roughly where we're gonna live for a bit. And it's fine but it's gonna be a bit of a throwback offense.

And with our bye being so early and injuries now starting to ding some depth on the defense, we're asking a lot of them to keep this up.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
millennials are in their 40s now

you know just to rub it in
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up