Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bryce Young benched
Mecca 11:47 AM 09-16-2024

Had to happen. https://t.co/BcfZOIoq09

— Daniel Harms🏈 (@InHarmsWay19) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:44 PM 09-16-2024
There is no surefire QB prospect to tank for coming out of college this year.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:44 PM 09-16-2024
Bryce Young is too small to play in the NFL.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:52 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
So is Kyler Murray, but at least Kyler has elite speed & quickness to help make up for his size problem. Bryce Young has some mobility, but nowhere close to Kyler's explosiveness.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Young > Stroud was basically the draft community consensus and I will never get it.

I drafted Stroud for them in the CP mock, so they might as well give me a shot :-)
That felt to me more like draft heads wanting to get their picks right more than actually believing that Young was better than Stroud.

There was so little genuine substantive support for that position. It was always just "The Panthers love Young..." or something like that.

And yeah, the Panthers deserve this for being dumb enough to buy into the "He's a Winner!" cult.

I'd say maybe they learned a valuable lesson here but honestly, they didn't. Rich guys rarely do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Eh - there's no rush.

They're gonna be picking 1.1 in 2026 as well. So if you don't see a QB you like this year, draft the BPA and get your QB next season.

The Panthers don't have to worry about purgatory. They're WAY too shitty and stupid for that.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:17 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - there's no rush.

They're gonna be picking 1.1 in 2026 as well. So if you don't see a QB you like this year, draft the BPA and get your QB next season.

The Panthers don't have to worry about purgatory. They're WAY too shitty and stupid for that.
Project 2027… Tank for Arch Manning (assuming he doesn’t come out after his junior year).
[Reply]
BEAVER 05:19 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
He looks like a bobblehead on the field. Isn't nearly as Thick as Kyler Murray- I don't care what the team measurements say the guy is LIGHT.
[Reply]
BEAVER 05:20 PM 09-16-2024
Imagine being excited that Andy Dalton is starting your teams next game. Because they are excited - it's sad really.
[Reply]
IrsaysLiver 05:22 PM 09-16-2024
Feel bad for the dude, everything i've read about him seems on up and up personality-wise. These past few weeks have got to have been a really shitty time.
[Reply]
TEX 05:22 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
Imagine being excited that Andy Dalton is starting your teams next game. Because they are excited - it's sad really.
And, imagine being excited that Zack Wilson is starting for your team, and people being excited. Stay tuned...:-)
[Reply]
BEAVER 05:32 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
And, imagine being excited that Zack Wilson is starting for your team, and people being excited. Stay tuned...:-)
Please make this so.
[Reply]
Bump 05:46 PM 09-16-2024
that trade is going to make them really bad for years. Not many teams have fucked up that badly, it's happened, but damn.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:48 PM 09-16-2024
That felt to me more like draft heads wanting to get their picks right more than actually believing that Young was better than Stroud.

There was so little genuine substantive support for that position. It was always just "The Panthers love Young..." or something like that.

And yeah, the Panthers deserve this for being dumb enough to buy into the "He's a Winner!" cult.

I'd say maybe they learned a valuable lesson here but honestly, they didn't. Rich guys rarely do.
There was some story he went to dinner with the owner and ordered some high class elegant dish and that sold Tepper.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:48 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
I hope they draft Shedeur and hire coach Prime, that'd be fuckin hilarious.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:48 PM 09-16-2024
Eh - there's no rush.

The thing is Bryce Young was also QB1 for the majority of those people as well, so it wasn't just a mock draft thing.

I think it was just classic groupthink.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up