ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 70
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:23 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Can you find someone who has actually said he'll be as good as Mahomes?

There's a wide gulf between being a bust and being "as good as Mahomes."

Just because some talking heads threw it out there as a discussion point doesn't mean it's a hot take when you say you don't think he'll reach that level. None of us do.
Maybe they haven't said he'd be as good as mahomes but it's the same tired line about being the next mahomes. To this day so many people treat every qb with a big arm and lots of throwing platforms to mahomes, as if to ignore his ability to process the game abd... way more importantly... Leadership.

I think Wisconsin chiefs got this kind of right. Caleb Williams definitely earns the talent hype and maybe he can live up to some of the talent hype. But I'm not sold on his leadership.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:26 PM 08-12-2024
I just wanna hate the guy /shrug.

I mean, lol, i do believe in his talent. I do think he's the next closest thing to Mahomes in terms of off platform throwing, arm angles and so forth.

But there's just something about him....maybe it's his arrogance. Maybe it's his lack of respect for Mahomes (and i admit, im probably making a good part of that up).

And honestly, i don't care if im right to dislike him or not. I need a heel. And i've decided that Caleb is that heel.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:33 PM 08-12-2024
I also want to hate him. I don't like his attitude, I don't like his face and I don't like USC.

But three throws into the game I was like welp.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 04:38 PM 08-12-2024
I hate him because he's not Mahomes
[Reply]
DRM08 04:47 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
I just wanna hate the guy /shrug.

I mean, lol, i do believe in his talent. I do think he's the next closest thing to Mahomes in terms of off platform throwing, arm angles and so forth.

But there's just something about him....maybe it's his arrogance. Maybe it's his lack of respect for Mahomes (and i admit, im probably making a good part of that up).

And honestly, i don't care if im right to dislike him or not. I need a heel. And i've decided that Caleb is that heel.
Caleb is definitely arrogant, but that's probably true for every high level athlete out there. We'll see if he can live up to the hype in real games, especially Playoff games. He choked pretty bad against Notre Dame from what I remember. That was probably the biggest game of his college career and it wasn't pretty.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:07 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Caleb is definitely arrogant, but that's probably true for every high level athlete out there. We'll see if he can live up to the hype in real games, especially Playoff games. He choked pretty bad against Notre Dame from what I remember. That was probably the biggest game of his college career and it wasn't pretty.
The weird thing about Caleb is that he has the kind of confidence and arrogance that seems rooted in insecurity. Sometimes it feels like he's trying too hard to convince people hes a leader. How will he handle adversity? Way easier to handle those things when you have talent but it raises question marks. Not just if he has the balls to deliver in big moments, but will he become a Russell Wilson or rgIII type leader players don't really follow.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:31 PM 08-12-2024
The glazing of Caleb in the media today has been funny to watch. Lol boy i hope the kid can deal with the pressure these folks are placing on him. Do I think he can be a good qb? Yes. But we saw this same hype around Lawrence who actually won a natty and look at him now? The hype is going to make every defense and DC want to teach him a lesson. And now it's a matter of whether he can cope with it or not. That Notre Dame game was very revealing. The moment the defense got on top of him suddenly his confidence wasn't the same. And this is what separates Pat from others because he's been held down for three quarters before but steps up big down the stretch. We'll see if Caleb has that dawg in him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:05 PM 08-12-2024
UChieffy who do you hate more? Caleb Williams or Caitlin Clark?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:15 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The glazing of Caleb in the media today has been funny to watch. Lol boy i hope the kid can deal with the pressure these folks are placing on him. Do I think he can be a good qb? Yes. But we saw this same hype around Lawrence who actually won s natty and look at him now? The hype is going yo make every defense and DC want to teach him a lesson. And now it's a matter of whether he can cope with it or not. That Notre Dame game was very revealing. The moment the defense got on top of him suddenly his confidence wasn't the same. And this is what separates Pat from others because he's been held down for three quarters before but steps up big down the stretch. We'll see if Caleb has that dawg in him.
I think Caleb is a better prospect than Lawrence (who I took a lot of flak for saying he was going to be a more athletic Goff).

But the college tape of Caleb shows a lot of careless throws. I think he will have some great games and some games where he throws too many picks.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:26 PM 08-12-2024
Really interested to see how this guy pans out. I go back and forth.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:35 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
UChieffy who do you hate more? Caleb Williams or Caitlin Clark?
One is white and the other is homosexual.

He hates the white one and identifies with the homosexual one.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:40 PM 08-12-2024
kid is a bit of a douchebag
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:15 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:

I almost want him to fail as much as Matt Cassel both have that huge entitlement factor. Cassel had it during the Pioli era never taking ownership of his mistakes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:27 PM 08-12-2024
I don't think this guy is going to bust. Maybe he won't be the elite of the elite, but I just doubt he's going to crash and burn in Year 1.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:28 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't think this guy is going to bust. Maybe he won't be the elite of the elite, but I just doubt he's going to crash and burn in Year 1.
The next Russel Wilson IMO
[Reply]
Page 49 of 70
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up