ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 72
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 03:15 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pete in the game day chat claimed McDuffie was just standing around watching WR catch passes :-)

I like Pete but holy shit that guy is 20 IQ pts below reeruned on game day.
He's a retard pretty much every single day.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:16 PM 11-14-2022
That would make the most sense.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:31 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Are we gonna do the thing where we double the best WR and leave our #1 CB on their #2 WR?

Bills - bracket Diggs, McDuffie against Davis

Dolphins - bracket Hill, McDuffie against Waddle
I am a big fan of that strategy in general.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:41 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Are we gonna do the thing where we double the best WR and leave our #1 CB on their #2 WR?

Bills - bracket Diggs, McDuffie against Davis

Dolphins - bracket Hill, McDuffie against Waddle
Not real sure how you deal with the Dolphins.

I'm less worried about the coverage aspect than I am the pass rush. I simply don't think there's a coverage answer for those guys. Put McDuffie on Waddle and I think McDuffie's gonna have a bad time. I'd almost rather put Sneed on him and see if L'Jarius can play a little bully ball with him, knock the shit out of him off the line and make him more tentative.

I don't really want to see anyone trying to stay with Waddle in space - it's not a recipe for success, IMO.

They've gotta get after Tua. The rest is masturbating.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:55 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
You talking about the one he was coming on a delayed blitz and the ball was thrown over his head? He spun around and made the tackle on the receiver.
Yeah that was something. Guy blitzed on the play and caught the guy. Pretty wild combo of speed and awareness on that play.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 PM 11-15-2022
now the data is coming in

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McDuTr00.htm

3 games

144 snaps

81 yards allowed on 13 targets :-)

kid is going to be LOCKDOWN
[Reply]
JPH83 01:49 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not real sure how you deal with the Dolphins.

I'm less worried about the coverage aspect than I am the pass rush. I simply don't think there's a coverage answer for those guys. Put McDuffie on Waddle and I think McDuffie's gonna have a bad time. I'd almost rather put Sneed on him and see if L'Jarius can play a little bully ball with him, knock the shit out of him off the line and make him more tentative.

I don't really want to see anyone trying to stay with Waddle in space - it's not a recipe for success, IMO.

They've gotta get after Tua. The rest is masturbating.
I think this will be the way teams beat them, with an elite DL. I'm just not sure it's how we beat them. They've shored up their OL and I have little faith our DL does better than others have against them. Outside of Jones (they're strong at IOL) we're getting pressure with blitzes and hustle plays caused by sticky coverage. Their scheme gives Tua lots of quick options as well as the explosive stuff.

Out of pure spite I'd bracket Hill (love Spags but I bet he doesn’t), I couldn't stand a loss to him while he goes off for 150 yards. I'd put McDuffie on Waddle. Realistically he's a top 10 WR probably and he's going to give whoever we put on him fits. But I think it's a worse match up for Sneed.

I just want to give Tua enough doubt about the option of those 2 for him to target Gesicki and Sherfield. They'll still put up numbers but I can't see another option.

They're the only team I'm not mad keen on facing because nobody's worked them out yet. I'm kinda hoping Bills crack them given they'll need to. I'd much rather face the Bills.

I can't think of anything the media would like more than seeing Reek's Fins beat us.
[Reply]
JPH83 11-16-2022, 02:03 AM
This message has been deleted by JPH83. Reason: Duplicate
staylor26 10:23 AM 11-21-2022
Teams just don't even throw this kid's way.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:29 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kid’s a rookie with only two full games under his belt. That is just mind blowing right now.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:37 AM 11-21-2022
I didn't see footage of McDuffie all game. They don't even bother throwing his way. Who was he covering?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yeah, I asked about him in the GDT because I didn't hear his name all night and assumed that had to be a good thing.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:40 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I didn't see footage of McDuffie all game. They don't even bother throwing his way. Who was he covering?
I believe he was on Palmer the majority of the game, but didn’t seem to be covering him on any of his catches.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:19 AM 11-21-2022
Trent Revis
Skyy Welker
Josh Carr
Isaih Hunt

Nice draft, Brett
[Reply]
tredadda 11:28 AM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Trent Revis
Skyy Welker