ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 49
« First < 384445464748 49 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 03:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by Spott:
Ingram’s apparently getting waived to make room for Kareem. Looks like he’ll be playing this week.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ve-roster/amp/
If Andy is gonna continue forcing the run game near the goal line, I hope Kareem is able to provide better short yardage performance than we saw the last couple weeks in those situations.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:24 PM Today
A Steele-Hunt backfield may heat the Earth's core back up. Throwing in Pacheco, everyone's getting a tan
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If Andy is gonna continue forcing the run game near the goal line, I hope Kareem is able to provide better short yardage performance than we saw the last couple weeks in those situations.
I think a little patience before committing to the hole will make a big difference.

It was honestly one of the major selling points with MEH - that he was really good at setting up his blocks before committing.

Steele doesn't do that at ALL. Pacheco isn't great at it.

If Hunt can just wait a half a heartbeat for the blocks to develop before committing to the gap, we should have a little more success there.

We just don't have anyone with a real nose for that sort of thing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:27 PM Today
I'd like to see more of Suamataia as the 6th man. Send him in motion and let him clobber a fool en route to Hunt scoring his first Tuddy
[Reply]
loochy 03:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think a little patience before committing to the hole will make a big difference.

It was honestly one of the major selling points with MEH - that he was really good at setting up his blocks before committing.

If Hunt can just wait a half a heartbeat for the blocks to develop before committing to the gap, we should have a little more success there.

worked great when LeVeon Bell was here
[Reply]
DRM08 03:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Kareem had 9 TD rushing last year, which is a lot for a guy averaging 3 yards per carry. He seems to have a nose for the end zone in those short yardage situations.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

You idiots who don't enjoy winning just because it's not 31-14 every week disgust me.

DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly wish you would just :-) and stop trying to be some sort of arbiter for Chiefs fandom.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:36 PM Today
League about to get a Steele Toe Boot
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I honestly wish you would just :-) and stop trying to be some sort of arbiter for Chiefs fandom.
Nah, it's genuinely funny when it comes from Clay. He can't even do it properly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Nah, it's genuinely funny when it comes from Clay. He can't even do it properly.
Well you let us know when something goes right for this team because it will be the FIRST FUCKING TIME.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kareem had 9 TD rushing last year, which is a lot for a guy averaging 3 yards per carry. He seems to have a nose for the end zone in those short yardage situations.
Yeah - definitely a good sign.

And like I said yesterday - over a meaningful timeline, I think a team's red zone percentage tends to roughly match it's success between the 20s.

If we continue to move the ball fairly well between the 20s, there's going to be some natural positive regression on our red zone success rates (notably inside the Gold zone; we don't seem to struggle getting from the 20 to the 10; it's inside the 10 where we die).

I think a little help from Hunt just having a nose for the end zone and then some basic regression could go a long way to cure some of the offensive maladies.

We'll see. It was hard not to be encouraged by how well we moved the ball UNTIL we got into the those short yardage areas. I think the scoring should follow.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

You idiots who don't enjoy winning just because it's not 31-14 every week disgust me.

DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!
Bite me. I'm tired of it and I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about it. Yeah, we're 3-0, but we could easily be 0-3 or anything in between.

I realize the issues. Our shiny new WR toy was broken out of the box. Starting RB is out. Offensive line is a work in progress. Kelce has clearly lost a step. Worthy is raw and still learning. All of it has taken a toll on Pat's play. And two of our first three opponents are rivals who passionately hate us and play out of the minds against us. And even if they weren't, we always get everybody's best game because everybody wants to knock us off the mountaintop.

31-14 would be a welcome change from this weekly gut-wrenching, down to the wire slog. That's frankly the sort of score one would expect from a back to back defending Super Bowl champion. It really isn't too much to ask to at least get it ONCE IN A WHILE.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Bite me. I'm tired of it and I don't care what you or anybody else thinks about it. Yeah, we're 3-0, but we could easily be 0-3 or anything in between.

I realize the issues. Our shiny new WR toy was broken out of the box. Starting RB is out. Offensive line is a work in progress. Kelce has clearly lost a step. Worthy is raw and still learning. All of it has taken a toll on Pat's play. And two of our first three opponents are rivals who passionately hate us and play out of the minds against us. And even if they weren't, we always get everybody's best game because everybody wants to knock us off the mountaintop.

31-14 would be a welcome change from this weekly gut-wrenching, down to the wire slog. That's frankly the sort of score one would expect from a back to back defending Super Bowl champion. It really isn't too much to ask to at least get it ONCE IN A WHILE.

Contrary to popular belief, the Chiefs have shown the ability to win games by double digits. They won six games by double digits last year and seven in 2022. So, they will come at some point. Potentially this week against a depleted Chargers team.

— Mark Gunnels (@MarkAGunnels) September 24, 2024

[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:00 PM Today
Our short yardage running plays mainly suck because of the formation and personnel we run out of imho
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:05 PM Today
Imo it'd help if we didn't line up in shotgun 100% of the time.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 49
« First < 384445464748 49 >
Up