ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’m gonna bust

He’s smiling with the same relief as those prisoners getting freed after prolonged stays in hellish purgatory… in Hopkins’ case the Titans.
[Reply]
threebag 10:39 AM Today
So the Tits are paying 2.5 mill of his salary
[Reply]
DRM08 10:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
He’s smiling with the same relief as those prisoners getting freed after prolonged stays in hellish purgatory… in Hopkins’ case the Titans.
Saw a funny comment on the Titans forum. They said D-Hop is the main guy in Shawshank Redemption crawling through miles of sewage to escape prison.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Texansifacation of the Chiefs continue
They should kick the tires on Andre Johnson.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Me thinks this Skyy move is actually about the next WR they are bringing in just as much as it is about D-Hop

We still only got four healthy WRs rostered entering Sunday and that included Hopkins.
Chiefs have no $ left under the cap.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
He did choose to take the money there, so its by his own doing.
[Reply]
In58men 10:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Restructure Taylor
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Me thinks this Skyy move is actually about the next WR they are bringing in just as much as it is about D-Hop

We still only got four healthy WRs rostered entering Sunday and that included Hopkins.
Huh. Well, shit, you're right. Either elevating one of the other scrubmuffins or they've got other ideas.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Originally Posted by In58men:
Restructure Taylor
Yeah, there's a couple different levers they can pull IF necessary. Not positive it would be.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM Today
They can restructure Mahomes at any time. It’s part of the contract. As long as Clark is fine paying Mahomes the money, and Mahomes is probably fine with an early check in the mail.

If it’s for a guy like Robinson that’s only like $1.25 million needed
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They can restructure Mahomes at any time. It’s part of the contract. As long as Clark is fine paying Mahomes the money, and Mahomes is probably fine with an early check in the mail.

If it’s for a guy like Robinson that’s only like $1.25 million needed
Are we positive on that? I thought NFL had rules that you could only do one restructure per contract per league year or whatever.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by #1 Chiefs Fan:
I really think this is a bad trade. Mahomie will not throw to him.
I get what you're saying and it's a talking point but as a matter of fact Mahomes has been trying to do this with bad receivers and it doesn't work. They finally went out and got a guy with a huge catch radius. Burrows and Russel Wilson have made careers out of throwing to guys covered catching jump balls. I couldn't be happier, we finally got a guy that can do this and this is absolutely his bread and butter.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:12 AM Today
If anything maybe this becomes another part of evolution to Mahomes' game, him starting to utilize this kind of WR because, well, he finally has one
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
He did choose to take the money there, so its by his own doing.
Players always take the money unless it is literally their last year or 2.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I get what you're saying and it's a talking point but as a matter of fact Mahomes has been trying to do this with bad receivers and it doesn't work. They finally went out and got a guy with a huge catch radius. Burrows and Russel Wilson have made careers out of throwing to guys covered catching jump balls. I couldn't be happier, we finally got a guy that can do this and this is absolutely his bread and butter.
I’m not expecting D-Hop at age 32 on a questionable knee to be some kind of unbelievable player like he was 5+ years ago. I’ll just be happy if he catches the ball when he’s open and the ball hits him in the hands. That is a major upgrade over Toney & Skyy.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Up