ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 72
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trent McDuffie Thread*****
Dante84 08:24 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

.@trent_mcduffie has a message for #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/FdxstFDWLA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

This is a massive hole that is filled for the #chiefs. Trent McDuffie is considered by almost everyone as the 3rd best CB in this draft. The first two went off the board at 3 and 4.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 29, 2022

The newest member of #ChiefsKingdom!

��: #NFLDraft on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/d2F9Ye3Zsq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

Here’s what @dpbrugler had to say about Trent McDuffie. pic.twitter.com/kL3dDnqFr2

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 29, 2022

The @Chiefs make a big move for a top CB (and my model's #8 overall prospect) in Trent McDuffie, who allowed 3.1 yards/target in 2021 at Washington (best in FBS, min. 30 targets).

Could be a key piece to counter the wealth of receiving talent in the AFC come playoff time!

— cynthia frelund (@cfrelund) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:28 AM 11-14-2022
I cannot believe what an absolute stud this guy is. A little surprised he fell all the way into the 20s with how valuable corners are these days.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 11-14-2022
He's as technically sound a CB as we've had in awhile.

On that later deep ball to Kirk, he was kinda beat. But he recovered nicely, kept his left hand low to hook Kirk, got his head turned and bodied into contact while looking for the ball.

If he makes that exact contact while bringing that left hand higher or before he puts his arm out for the ball or without locating the ball, it's a PI. It was the fine technique and, frankly, window dressing, that kept that from being a PI.

He's a damn smart and sound player out there.
[Reply]
mabbott 10:51 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I cannot believe what an absolute stud this guy is. A little surprised he fell all the way into the 20s with how valuable corners are these days.
From the reports I read, McDuffie was predicted to be a late first round to early second round pick. He was ranked by many as the 3rd best CB in the draft and was the 3rd CB drafted. The big draws were Stingly and Gardner.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:24 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
From the reports I read, McDuffie was predicted to be a late first round to early second round pick. He was ranked by many as the 3rd best CB in the draft and was the 3rd CB drafted. The big draws were Stingly and Gardner.
I think most had him as CB3 but slated to go earlier. He'll have some rough days when he goes up against truly elite WRs, but man he looked phenomenal. Williams looked good too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think most had him as CB3 but slated to go earlier. He'll have some rough days when he goes up against truly elite WRs, but man he looked phenomenal. Williams looked good too.
Most of what was reported was CB3 (some folks had him ahead of Stingley due to medicals) and a probable top 15-20 pick.

He slipped a bit, but that happens sometimes with 1st round talents who aren't height/weight/speed monsters.

It's hard for some teams to talk themselves into guys who are just smart football players. I think it's probably because you don't know how they'll take to the increased levels of competition.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:32 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
Huh? I can't think of a single prediction that had him that low. It was almost always middle of the first with Stingley and Gardner going before him.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:33 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Most of what was reported was CB3 (some folks had him ahead of Stingley due to medicals) and a probable top 15-20 pick.

He slipped a bit, but that happens sometimes with 1st round talents who aren't height/weight/speed monsters.

It's hard for some teams to talk themselves into guys who are just smart football players. I think it's probably because you don't know how they'll take to the increased levels of competition.
That's how I remembered it yeah and totally agree re the reasons for the mini slip. Their loss!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:40 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Most of what was reported was CB3 (some folks had him ahead of Stingley due to medicals) and a probable top 15-20 pick...
Yep. Most all the mocks I saw had him in the top 15.

I hardly watched any tape on him because I thought he'd be long gone by the time we picked.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:49 PM 11-14-2022
If McDuffie is this good then he changed everything against Buffalo. If you can leave him on an island with Gabe Davis that offense is gonna have a hard time.

Could be the difference in our next game
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:00 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
There was a play, I don't remember if a ball was caught behind him or a RB ran past him but man, he caught up to him so damn fast. He has some crazy acceleration.
I think I remember that play.

I didn't realize he had that kind of speed. I'd read about how the dude was a technician. Usually they don't use that verbiage when a guy's got plus speed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:45 PM 11-14-2022
Just checked the schedule, and we don't face another elite WR until week 17 (assuming Kupp will not play at this point). I kind of wish that wasn't true, but regardless he's going to get some great experience every week, which is only going to make him better.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM 11-14-2022
Pete in the game day chat claimed McDuffie was just standing around watching WR catch passes :-)

I like Pete but holy shit that guy is 20 IQ pts below retarded on game day.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:18 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
There was a play, I don't remember if a ball was caught behind him or a RB ran past him but man, he caught up to him so damn fast. He has some crazy acceleration.
You talking about the one he was coming on a delayed blitz and the ball was thrown over his head? He spun around and made the tackle on the receiver.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:35 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pete in the game day chat claimed McDuffie was just standing around watching WR catch passes :-)

I like Pete but holy shit that guy is 20 IQ pts below reeruned on game day.
Is that more or less dumb than being concerned about McDuffie's "injury history?"
[Reply]
Dante84 02:56 PM 11-14-2022
Are we gonna do the thing where we double the best WR and leave our #1 CB on their #2 WR?

Bills - bracket Diggs, McDuffie against Davis

Dolphins - bracket Hill, McDuffie against Waddle
[Reply]
Page 48 of 72
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up