« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
In Memoriam>I've Caught the Cancer [RIP]
HayWire 04:16 PM 09-17-2022
Obituary:
https://www.fohnfuneralhome.com/obit...ichael-brattin

Originally Posted by :
In Loving Memory
Michael B
(name removed just to keep this thread from being the first result when someone Googles his name, but you can find it at the link)
July 6, 1976 - August 2, 2024

Michael B, age 48, of Mt. Vernon, Missouri passed away peacefully on August 2, 2024, at his home.

He was born July 6, 1976, in Cassville, Missouri the son of David and Doris (Sanders) Conner. On October 20, 2007, Michael married the love of his life, Emme Robertson in Carthage, Missouri. Their union was blessed with love, laughter, and the joy of raising a family together. Michael is survived by his father, David Conner; devoted wife, Emme Brattin; three sons, Dalton Brattin and his wife Shanya of Monett, Missouri, Chad Brattin of Exeter, Missouri and Brett Brattin of Mt. Vernon, Missouri; one daughter, Jayda Brattin and her fiancé Tyler Yeargain of Exeter, Missouri; one brother, Eric Brattin and his wife Donna of Davenport, Florida; one sister, Tobie Jones and her husband Brandon of Buena Vista, Colorado; six grandchildren; two grand dogs and two grand cats.

Preceding him in death were his mother, Doris (Sanders) Conner and grandparents, James and Bonnie Sanders.

Michael graduated in 1994 from Purdy High School in Purdy, Missouri, his pursuit of knowledge led him to Crowder College in Neosho, Missouri, where he earned his associate's degree in accounting. He worked as an accountant for Damar Worldwide in Aurora, Missouri.

Michael attended the Covenant Baptist Church in Mt. Vernon. Outside of work and church, he was an avid fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, reveling in the excitement of football season each year. His love for the game was just one of the many passions that he shared with his family and friends. Michael also enjoyed being outside, whether it was tending to his yard, enjoying a family barbeque, playing friendly games of pig basketball and golf, or simply taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of nature.

Services will be held at 2:00 P.M. Tuesday, August 6, 2024, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville, Missouri. Pastor Rick Cooper will be conducting the services. Burial will be at Maplewood Cemetery in Exeter, Missouri.

The family will receive friends from 5:00 until 6:00 P.M., Monday, August 5, 2024, at Fohn Funeral Home in Cassville.

Contributions may be made to Three Rivers Hospice in memory of Michael.

FOHN FUNERAL HOME
Cassville, Missouri
417-847-2141
5/25/23 Update:
Spoiler!

Original Post:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:11 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Well, I think we're hitting a wall.
I'm not saying this is my last post but I won't be surprised if it is. Body and brain are arguing....bastards.

Lost even more weight still can't eat.

It's been a place I found to rest and say stupid shit.

This has been a great community and I hope it continues for years. I'll try to pop in if possible but don't hold your breath.

It's been a ride my friends.

Thank to all the kind words spoken along the way

Hopefully more time but I wanted to say goodbye guy while I can

Thank 'CP

Michael
Wherever you go, your memory will live on CP forever. Thank you for sharing your story with us all. Thank you for facing this shit as bravely as you did. It's an inspiration, and a lesson i'll take with me if i ever have to endure what you did.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:16 PM 07-19-2023
Peace be with you, Mr. HayWire.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:21 PM 07-19-2023
Stay strong Mike! Prayers up.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:52 PM 07-19-2023
I'm not saying this is my last post but I won't be surprised if it is. Body and brain are arguing....bastards.

This has been a great community and I hope it continues for years. I'll try to pop in if possible but don't hold your breath.

Thank 'CP

Michael

These terrible situations are always a struggle to respond to because whatever words one can come up with seem wholly inadequate to the moment (I never really could find them for Joe earlier this year and that haunts me) And then you feel like an ass because you’re lamenting a struggle with words while someone is physically, emotionally and mentally suffering and in the throes of leaving their loved ones to face this world with out them.

It’s been a pleasure “knowing” you. Thank you for the example you’ve set in facing this tragedy. Thank you for the many genuine laughs starting with the CP Royal Court and the “feud” with Bearcat that came out of that with the Christmas time pink bunny picture and sign, and everything else that happened thereafter, up to and including allowing me to parody your testicles.

I pray you go with and in peace, and that God grants your family peace and comfort in your absence. And I promise to give Gaycat hell for you from time to time in your memory.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:56 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
These terrible situations are always a struggle to respond to because whatever words one can come up with seem wholly inadequate to the moment (I never really could find them for Joe earlier this year and that haunts me) And then you feel like an ass because you’re lamenting a struggle with words while someone is physically, emotionally and mentally suffering and in the throes of leaving their loved ones to face this world with out them.

It’s been a pleasure “knowing” you. Thank you for the example you’ve set in facing this tragedy. Thank you for the many genuine laughs starting with the CP Royal Court and the “feud” with Bearcat that came out of that with the Christmas time pink bunny picture and sign, and everything else that happened thereafter, up to and including allowing me to parody your testicles.

I pray you go with and in peace, and that God grants your family peace and comfort in your absence. And I promise to give Gaycat hell for you from time to time in your memory.
Things you'll only read on CP. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:01 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Things you'll only read on CP. :-)
My struggle with words for the situation did not extend to that - THAT I knew HAD to be in the mix. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:15 PM 07-19-2023

Thank 'CP

Michael

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:38 PM 07-19-2023

Thank 'CP

Michael
Rest well, friend
[Reply]
Rausch 05:59 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:

All this and more. Thank you for being a part of our lives.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:13 PM 07-19-2023

Thank 'CP

Michael
Godspeed Michael. Hope to see you in heaven someday. Thanks for all the amazing life lessons.
[Reply]
Fish 07:27 PM 07-19-2023

Thank 'CP

Michael
Your courage is admirable. Ride on, Michael.
[Reply]
ChiefChoop 08:05 PM 07-19-2023
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:16 PM 07-19-2023

Thank 'CP

Michael
Thank you for being a blessing in our lives, and thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us. God bless you.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:28 PM 07-19-2023
I hope you pass peacefully Michael.

Romans 10:9. “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 11:42 PM 07-19-2023
Toasting you right now….know that when you are passing we are all here behind you God bless
[Reply]
Page 48 of 84
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up