ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
BossChief 09:10 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Kingsley can grow to be Eric Fisher, we did well with this pick.

Fisher got absolutely annihilated by Trey in New Orleans. That was after Fisher had already established himself as a decent starter.

If anyone believes that Fisher never had games like this, they’re lying to themselves.
Go watch anytime he had to face James Harrison.

He got his ass whooped damn near every rep.

Hendrickson is an elite end that can beat you many ways. We all know Kingsley was going to have his hands full, but I 💯 believe the kid will grow from this experience and next time they meet, the results will be different.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:15 PM 09-17-2024
Maybe just… oh I don’t know… trust Andy?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:19 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Or like Crosby, Bosa, Mack, Garret etc.
He will lose his share of snaps to those guys, but he will be able to learn what he specifically needs to work on (transitional moves, mostly to the inside after a power setup).

Kingsley was always going to be a guy that was going to learn on the job, but has the tools to open up this offense once he develops adequate technique and learns how to sink his hips and bend his knees more naturally so he can effectively counter those moves that he currently has little answers for.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:24 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not really. He was in way over his head against Hendrickson. Because not only did he beat him here, he easily beat him to the inside and with a straight bull rush as well. Kingsley will be a target going forward for sure.
We’ll be fine.

Kids smart, has elite level tools, is self aware and has a work ethic to make me believe this premier coaching staff will focus on developing Kingsleys tools and the kid will do everything it takes to be in a position to give these guys a real fight once playoff time comes.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:27 PM 09-17-2024
His face mask sucks as well
[Reply]
O.city 07:20 AM Yesterday
Keep playing the rookie, coach him up.

You're gonna need him to play there financially going forward anyway, take your lumps now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM Yesterday
oof

Tim Grunhard on @SportsRadio810 thinks the #Chiefs need to sit down Kingsley Suamataia. pic.twitter.com/8I5AHXdDBu

— ��️ Red Tribe Cinema (@ClayWendler) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 02:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oof

He's right IMO. Bring him around slowly.
[Reply]
TEX 02:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We’ll be fine.

Kids smart, has elite level tools, is self aware and has a work ethic to make me believe this premier coaching staff will focus on developing Kingsleys tools and the kid will do everything it takes to be in a position to give these guys a real fight once playoff time comes.
I hear you, but none of that matters if his confidence is shot. And it sure looked like he was broken that game. You don't want to ruin the kid. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:52 PM Yesterday
Man, just give him another week.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:57 PM Yesterday
I'm not going to read too much into the rookie in his 2nd game having trouble with the 3x pro bowler

also damn Hendrickson is crazy looking what the fuck

[Reply]
RunKC 02:58 PM Yesterday
This kid was in a spread offense at BYU that ran RPO’s, screens and quick passes. He has the traits both athletically and in size. That’s certainly isn’t the issue.

His fundamentals are really bad bc he didn’t learn properly in college. That’s why he’s struggling. Dude is 326 lbs with massive hands and had 31 bench reps and the reason he’s getting dog walked is bc he’s losing the leverage battle and his hand placement is not where it’s supposed to be.

He needs to keep working with Andy Heck and hell if I was him I’d give Mitchell Schwartz a call. There’s not been a better tackle in this franchise with technique than him. He could learn a lot from him.

Give him time
[Reply]
BossChief 02:58 PM Yesterday
There’s only so much you can learn from practice.

Either sign Bhakatiri or roll with the kids and better for it in the long run.

Everyone else needs to step up and the coaches need to work on specific techniques while proving him help on the field for things he’s defecient at at this stage in his development.

Provide him chips snd have him able to focus on inside moves.

By this time next year, the kid will be a top 10 LT.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:59 PM Yesterday
I hope Karlaftis will continue to develop into a player like Hendrickson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:00 PM Yesterday
Kid needs to play, I've settled on that.

Wanya Morris had an equally bad game last Christmas, so I'm not sure you are really helping matters by making the switch. Would be wishful thinking.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 50
« First < 384445464748 4950 >
Up