ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 479 of 480
« First < 379429469475476477478479 480 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 09:56 AM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This guy is the most useless motherfucker on Tour. I hate his fake "aww shucks" attitude, his bitchmade grind-it out-for-a-top-25 risk-averse playstyle, his 75-year-old man swing plane, and his caddy-stiffing, cheapskate bitch ass. This cunt needs to fuck off to LIV with Zach Johnson so I never have to hear about either one of them again.
What did he do? I don't even know

EDIT: I don't see what he did wrong. He teed off on 18 and it was so dark he couldn't even see the people on the fairway. Then an official gave all three in his group the option to play tomorrow (Monday) or continue. He choose to just finish on Monday. Especially being he was not in contention I really don't see what the big deal is. He was probably having trouble seeing and thought that gave him the best chance to make a good score on 18.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 AM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What did he do? I don't even know

EDIT: I don't see what he did wrong. He teed off on 18 and it was so dark he couldn't even see the people on the fairway. Then an official gave all three in his group the option to play tomorrow (Monday) or continue. He choose to just finish on Monday. Especially being he was not in contention I really don't see what the big deal is. He was probably having trouble seeing and thought that gave him the best chance to make a good score on 18.
From what he said yesterday, he didn't give a real **** about that at all (he also rushed his drive on 18, hitting into the group in front of him, before deciding to stop). He wanted to stick it to the tournament for having them out there over the last few holes.
[Reply]
scho63 11:23 AM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Oh, I think it's pretty clear he doesn't care what anybody thinks. That's why he's back out there this morning dragging volunteers/supervisors back so he can play a few shots after his entire group finished.
He made a par on that hole. If he bogeyed it, he would have made $60,000 LESS. Double bogey or worse about $80,000.

He hit into Rai cause he couldn't see them.

It was an odd tap out for sure but I wouldn't want to piss away $80,000 hacking around in the dark.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 AM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
He made a par on that hole. If he bogeyed it, he would have made $60,000 LESS. Double bogey or worse about $80,000.

He hit into Rai cause he couldn't see them.

It was an odd tap out for sure but I wouldn't want to piss away $80,000 hacking around in the dark.
The guy has made $60M in on-course earnings in his career alone. I know he's a cheap ****, but that wasn't about the money at all. He said as much yesterday.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:26 PM 08-31-2024
If LIV came up with as stupid a format to end a golf season as the PGA Tour did, it would be ridiculed to no end.
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 AM 09-01-2024
Hard to disagree on this weird format.

I'm curious of the winner who overcame the greatest starting deficit.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:40 PM 09-01-2024
Sheffler is a better overall ball striker than Tiger Woods. Change my mind.

Tiger WAS a much better putter and probably a better mid iron player though. Tiger never hit his driver as accurate as Scottie. Of course he was a complete idiot and refused to move to a graphite shaft from steel shaft and upgrade his ball. Still the better player but Ive never seen someone hit the ball better than Scottie.
[Reply]
scho63 02:58 PM 09-01-2024
Runaway Player of the Year
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:07 PM 09-01-2024

Incredible leaderboard with just two holes to play:

Morikawa -21
Theegala -21
Scheffler -20

(Just kidding, that's what it would be without starting strokes)

— No Laying Up (@NoLayingUp) September 1, 2024

Sure would have been nice to watch an actual golf tournament instead of whatever that was.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:15 PM 09-01-2024
Scotty’s shank out of the bunker was as bad a shot as you’ll ever see a pro hit.

That looked like something I’d do on the back 9 after drinking all day.

Of course he followed it up with a 4 iron to 5 feet.
[Reply]
scho63 06:44 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Scotty’s shank out of the bunker was as bad a shot as you’ll ever see a pro hit.

That looked like something I’d do on the back 9 after drinking all day.

Of course he followed it up with a 4 iron to 5 feet.
The only other bad shank I can remember like that was Jack Nicklaus hit a 50 ft worm burner off the tee with a driver back in the 80s.

I've seen some crazy duck hooks and wild wayward shots but a true shank like an amatuer is rare.

Scotty hit a true shank. He was rattled by being put on the clock again and was rushing like crazy.

Morikawa sucks as a playing partner due to his super slow play but he is a hell of a nice guy. Gracious as could be after he lost.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:55 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
The only other bad shank I can remember like that was Jack Nicklaus hit a 50 ft worm burner off the tee with a driver back in the 80s.

I've seen some crazy duck hooks and wild wayward shots but a true shank like an amatuer is rare.

Scotty hit a true shank. He was rattled by being put on the clock again and was rushing like crazy.

Morikawa sucks as a playing partner due to his super slow play but he is a hell of a nice guy. Gracious as could be after he lost.

I think the Nicklaus shot you're referring to was the 1989 PGA at Kemper Lake. Tom Kite was playing with him that day and said Jack bagged the driver for the entire round after that, even though the course was extremely long at the time.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 03:37 PM 09-02-2024
I’m pissed off at the PGA playoffs because Rahm and De Chambeu are not in the field. If Mclroy goes to the LIV golf I’ll probably just watch the 4 majors. They talked about combining the 2 leagues but so far it hasn’t happened.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:55 PM 09-02-2024
I just 3-putted four consecutive holes.
[Reply]
scho63 07:14 PM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I just 3-putted four consecutive holes.
This is EXACTLY why amateurs are amateurs. Giving up 10-15 shots on or around the greens: chipping, sand traps, putting.

When I got down to a 7.2 handicap between 1996 and 2004, it began with practicing in sand traps a lot, chipping from all over and practicing putting, especially inside 5-6 feet.

Amazing how you can quickly drive down your handicap.
[Reply]
Page 479 of 480
« First < 379429469475476477478479 480 >
Up