ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 48
« First < 374344454647 48 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:44 PM 07-24-2022
The Margaritaville bar/pool in Tulsa is awesome. Had a great time out there in May.
[Reply]
wazu 12:23 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Report of death at Oceans of Fun - young girl, no further details at moment.

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/yo...from-injuries/
Hey man, this is about Schlitterbahn. It isn't the KC Kid waterpark death MEGATHREAD. So stop it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:49 PM 07-07-2024
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lixfAbV1aCM

Tour of the Abandoned Park.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:11 AM 07-08-2024
Damn that place is closed?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:03 AM 07-08-2024
I loved Schlitterbahn, unfortunate all around. Was a great and worthy alternative to Oceans of Fun, something sorely needed in the area, and the fact that you were able to just traverse the park on a lazy river raft while relaxing with a drink was so amazing. Crazy to see it completely abandoned like that when it was so busy pre-pandemic. I remember watching a news clip of it reopening after the pandemic and only like two or three people having the park to themselves.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:47 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I loved Schlitterbahn, unfortunate all around. Was a great and worthy alternative to Oceans of Fun, something sorely needed in the area, and the fact that you were able to just traverse the park on a lazy river raft while relaxing with a drink was so amazing. Crazy to see it completely abandoned like that when it was so busy pre-pandemic. I remember watching a news clip of it reopening after the pandemic and only like two or three people having the park to themselves.
It closed in 2018 2 years before Covid. Even says that in the video

You’re thinking of some other park
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:13 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
It closed in 2018 2 years before Covid. Even says that in the video

You’re thinking of some other park
Don't care, I had fun there, and it was awesome Pre-Covid.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:01 AM 07-08-2024
Don't care, I had fun there, and it was awesome Pre-Covid.
The owners of it are more careless with safety than the owners were at Action Park.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 07-08-2024
I went there once shortly after it opened. We saw a raft go down the big slide. Assumed it was engineering proving it was safe/ not their fault and the slide would be open eventually. I really had no idea the place closed I'm not from the area.
[Reply]
Holladay 01:08 PM 07-08-2024
That place was a blast for most the reason prior posts mention. I live 2 hrs away and would take the family 2x year. You could bring your own cooler (food only) to save $.

A great way to spend the day.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:37 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
That place was a blast for most the reason prior posts mention. I live 2 hrs away and would take the family 2x year. You could bring your own cooler (food only) to save $.

A great way to spend the day.
Conspiracy Theory Time.... it was Great Wolf Lodge that did it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:05 PM 07-08-2024
Conspiracy Theory Time.... it was Great Wolf Lodge that did it.
We went to great Wolf the year after. Did not enjoy it as much.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:12 AM 07-09-2024
By the way they said on the radio when I was in KC a few days ago that this place is not closed permanently and there are still plans to re-open it but perhaps with a different name
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:27 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
By the way they said on the radio when I was in KC a few days ago that this place is not closed permanently and there are still plans to re-open it but perhaps with a different name
I thought that video said it was demolished?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:31 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
The marketing could be interesting.

"Keep a cool head, come on down to ________ water park."
[Reply]
Page 47 of 48
« First < 374344454647 48 >
Up