ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 82
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:13 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
That is some piss poor SOP.

Clock should start the second there is a missed check-in. It is the responsibility of the captain to abort and resurface if they cannot communicate with the surface.

They were 2 hours into a dive meaning they should have called into the Coast Guard no more than 3 hours after the missed check-in. Hindsight being what it is... it wouldn't have made a bit of difference though if the sub did indeed get crushed like a can of beer on some frat pledge's forehead.
Don’t disagree but I think I heard that they lost contact every trip so it wasn’t automaticalky a big deal but WTF do I know? I’m not following it that closely.
[Reply]
BEAVER 12:14 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
So was the banging they heard aliens?
It was the anal probing.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:15 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Don’t disagree but I think I heard that they lost contact every trip so it wasn’t automaticalky a big deal but WTF do I know? I’m not following it that closely.
You'd think that if it lost contact every trip then you'd...DEE DEE DEE FIX IIIIIT!

via Gfycat

[Reply]
In58men 12:15 PM 06-22-2023
Imploding Submarine should be a band name
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:17 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You'd think that if it lost contact every trip then you'd...DEE DEE DEE FIX IIIIIT!

via Gfycat

Maybe Camper World ran out of parts.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:17 PM 06-22-2023
The circled parts are what's rumored to have been found, and both parts are considered non-essential to determining if the hull was breached.

[Reply]
frozenchief 12:19 PM 06-22-2023
OceanGate at one point had its own subreddit, posting about their missions and equipment and people. It's apparently gone dark.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:19 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
The circled parts are what's rumored to have been found, and both parts are considered non-essential to determining if the hull was breached.

Jesus fuck just look at the seams between the panels. My god.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:20 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
OceanGate at one point had its own subreddit, posting about their missions and equipment and people. It's apparently gone dark.
Their website went dark at noon too.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:21 PM 06-22-2023
That white shell is, apparently, all just a fairing for better fluid dynamics.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:22 PM 06-22-2023
Looks to me like the panels are just an exterior shell so they can attach stuff to it without penetrating the actual cylinder.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:22 PM 06-22-2023

More like Oh Shit, Mate!

amirite?
[Reply]
Donger 12:22 PM 06-22-2023

I wouldn't think the tail is part of the pressure vessel. Pointy bits aren't good on those.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:32 PM 06-22-2023
CNN confirming via the Coast Guard that the debris is from the Titan.

CG press conference at top of the hour.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:32 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
That white shell is, apparently, all just a fairing for better fluid dynamics.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Looks to me like the panels are just an exterior shell so they can attach stuff to it without penetrating the actual cylinder.
I get that, but it's still shoddy craftsmanship. To me, it's a sign of poor quality work. The hardware is misaligned and inconsistent and the panels don't properly align.

I would see that and go, "these guys don't care about what they're building, or don't know how to".

That's unacceptable for an automobile. It's unacceptable for an aircraft. It's absolutely unacceptable for something going 13,000 feet under water.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 82
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up