ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 50
« First < 364243444546 47484950 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefGator 11:23 AM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
I just didn't understand why we didn't chip more. McKinnon used to chip all the time. Pacheco couldn't? They even showed a replay yesterday where he somehow missed chipping Hendrickson. Perine is a great blocking RB, I don't get why he wasn't used to help more yesterday.
Seemed like our RBs slowed down and looked for the chip but missed it consistently.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:00 AM 09-17-2024
According to ESPN edge/rush win rate, Hendrickson was doubled 30% of the snaps.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:03 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
According to ESPN edge/rush win rate, Hendrickson was doubled 30% of the snaps.
Boy, that's not what I was seeing at all. Does anyone else's eyes confirm this?

Maybe they only showed camera shots when Hendrickson beat him, which would be more likely to be a 1v1, and the double-teams won. If so, we can learn something from that.

I'm going on record here to say that I have no panic. Kingsley is facing live fire for the first time and he's going to learn and get better every game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:05 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Boy, that's not what I was seeing at all. Does anyone else's eyes confirm this?

Maybe they only showed camera shots when Hendrickson beat him, which would be more likely to be a 1v1, and the double-teams won. If so, we can learn something from that.

I'm going on record here to say that I have no panic. Kingsley is facing live fire for the first time and he's going to learn and get better every game.
Reid/Veach will tell us if we need to panic.

What they do from here will tell the story.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:07 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh lord.

Do we play Cleveland this year?

Oof. Yeah, gonna need a play for Garrett because that's gonna be terrifying.
Yep and TJ Watt as well… at least those games are later in the season to hopefully allow more time for Kingsley to develop.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:12 AM 09-17-2024
That's fucking insanity. Most OTs are left on an island from 50% to 65% of the time. A couple of outliers in both directions. At least that's what PFF says.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 09-17-2024
The Chiefs don't chip the edges nearly as much as other teams. Both the Schwartz brothers and Chase Daniel have talked about it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 AM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Yep and TJ Watt as well… at least those games are later in the season to hopefully allow more time for Kingsley to develop.
Or to get hurt. Seems like a bunch of major players are ending up hurt.

And Watt is a Watt of course.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 09-17-2024
Anyone else think there appeared to be miscommunication on the first sack? Looks like Kingley gave up the outside bc he thought Pacheco was chipping but Pacheco did not chip.

Here are both of Trey Hendrickson’s sacks going up against Kingsley Suamataia yesterday. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/jgK7bEv8yF

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 09-17-2024
The first one.....Pat needs to step up?
[Reply]
treeguy27 12:25 PM 09-17-2024
It would be nice to see Kingsley go help Mahomes up instead of just walking away after letting him get hit.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:07 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
It would be nice to see Kingsley go help Mahomes up instead of just walking away after letting him get hit.
Saw that a few times.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone else think there appeared to be miscommunication on the first sack? Looks like Kingley gave up the outside bc he thought Pacheco was chipping but Pacheco did not chip.
Not really.

Looks like he just got bullied. Hendrickson didn't do anything cute - just essentially went through him.

We figured that Kingsley would struggle with power. We saw some reps in camp of Danna doing that stuff to him. And Trey is a LOT better than Danna.

Honestly, that's a play that just can't happen because there really IS no way to protect against it. If anyone with above average power can just go through your LT, that's untenable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:23 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The first one.....Pat needs to step up?
Wouldn't have done a lot, IMO.

Hendrickson was in complete control of the rep. Had Pat tried to step up, Hendrickson would've picked Kingsley up like a club and used him to sack Mahomes.

You really can't get your ass beat any worse than that. He gave Mahomes no chance.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:24 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh lord.

Do we play Cleveland this year?

Oof. Yeah, gonna need a play for Garrett because that's gonna be terrifying.
When I saw that I was like "Oh fuck" we're going to have to play every down with 6 offensive lineman :-)
[Reply]
Page 46 of 50
« First < 364243444546 47484950 >
Up