Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 08:07 AM 11-06-2023
Remember Will McDonald? Folks here were so high on him during draft season.

Yeah he's been a healthy scratch multiple times and has barely gotten on the field. 67 snaps to FAU's 122.

Did I mention that Felix is only 21 while McDonald is 24?
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remember Will McDonald? Folks here were so high on him during draft season.

Yeah he's been a healthy scratch multiple times and has barely gotten on the field. 67 snaps to FAU's 122.

Did I mention that Felix is only 21 while McDonald is 24?
Eh, he's also behind a pretty good group
[Reply]
xztop123 08:17 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was getting around 25% of the snaps until Omenihu came back. Now he's getting half as many snaps. Also noticed a lot of those came at the end of games.

He's got 3 veteran studs in front of him and Chris Jones also plays DE at times. Danna, Karlaftis and Jones are all on pace for 10+ sacks and Omenihu already has 1.5 in only 2 games back and I think he would get at least 8 in a full season here.

This is the best DL we've had in a long time so I don't really fault FAU. It sounds like they've redshirted him so far and the plan is for him to take over for Danna next year bc that guy is gonna get paid.
Should have spent that draft pick on a wr. Rather than a 12.5 % snap count rotational defensive end.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:18 AM 11-06-2023
Sorry *ducks for cover*....

I like what we've seen from him so far. But standing my ground that if there was ever a draft where we could have pivoted to offense this was the one. sam laporta and rashee would've been a hell of a 1-2. This draft was loaded with really great TEs who could've made us extra dangerous I'm 12 and 13 personnel
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 11-06-2023
Maybe.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:24 AM 11-06-2023
Was Felix Speaks even active yesterday? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Grim 08:28 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Was Felix Speaks even active yesterday? :-) :-)
he was active for 4 snaps
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 11-06-2023
FAU seems to be one of those forward looking picks. I would have rather had an immediate contributor for sure, but you can essentially get that for the next 4 years if he develops as hoped.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
FAU seems to be one of those forward looking picks. I would have rather had an immediate contributor for sure, but you can essentially get that for the next 4 years if he develops as hoped.
We have what many be the best defense we have ever had since the DT era. We have the luxury to let him develop this year.

Next year it seems like the writing is on the wall. we are losing Jones and Sneed. Whatever we get in return for Jones will be used to move up to get a quality WR.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:35 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have what many be the best defense we have ever had since the DT era. We have the luxury to let him develop this year.

Next year it seems like the writing is on the wall. we are losing Jones and Sneed. Whatever we get in return for Jones will be used to move up to get a quality WR.
You don't know that. We may get another DT. Or a CB.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:35 AM 11-06-2023

If you lose Jones, there is no reason to lose Sneed. Did you not watch him against Tyreek yesterday? There's absolutely no reason to lose both Jones and Sneed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
If you lose Jones, there is no reason to lose Sneed. Did you not watch him against Tyreek yesterday? There's absolutely no reason to lose both Jones and Sneed.
No one is saying, at least on here that they suck. They are killers but sure there is a reason.....Bolton, Sneed and Smith are also up. The defense is elite now. The offense needs help. What do you think Veach is going to do? Let those offensive guys go that block for Mahomes? Leader of the defense? It's just math.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 11-06-2023
No one is saying, at least on here that they suck. They are killers but sure there is a reason.....Bolton, Sneed and Smith are also up. The defense is elite now. The offense needs help. What do you think Veach is going to do? Let those offensive guys go that block for Mahomes? Leader of the defense? It's just math.
Let Smith walk.

Easier to find a RG than an elite CB.

I'd tag and trade Jones and I'd imagine they'll lose Sneed at this point as much as I'd like to keep him around.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
They'll probably have to tag and trade Jones, so Sneed will hit the market unencumbered.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 11-06-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
You don't know that. We may get another DT. Or a CB.
No one knows for sure probably not even Veach or Reid. Lots needs to be played out before spring 2024.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 79
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up