ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4504 of 4939
« First < 3504400444044454449445004501450245034504 4505450645074508451445544604 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:57 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This isn’t meant to be a dick…I wouldn’t trade a first for Surtain right now.

To take it a step further, I’m not sure there is a single player from Denver’s roster I’d trade for right now. Top to bottom is an epic bad roster.
I would take Jeudy. He has a ton of talent, he's just stuck with awful QBs. On KC he would feast. He and Surtain are the only two Broncos I would want. I just would not give up any high picks for them though.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:07 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I would take Jeudy. He has a ton of talent, he's just stuck with awful QBs. On KC he would feast. He and Surtain are the only two Broncos I would want. I just would not give up any high picks for them though.
I'd take Mims too. I liked him coming out of the draft.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:07 PM 09-27-2023
And Sutton is why giving a big contract to Higgins would scare me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:10 PM 09-27-2023

To take it a step further, I’m not sure there is a single player from Denver’s roster I’d trade for right now. Top to bottom is an epic bad roster.
I'd definitely give a first with the caveat he signs a long term extension as soon as he's here. Let's not get TOO crazy here, there's definitely a couple high end talents still on that roster and Surtain is at the top of that list. Oh, the pain we could inflict with a Surtain/McDuffie duo

Edit: whoops, can't sign him until after the year anyway. Oh well, bullshit hypothetical that would absolutely never happen.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:21 PM 09-27-2023
Yeah people just hate the Broncos bc they are rivals. Surtain is one of the better corners to come out recently. He's absolutely worth a 1st in a trade if he signs a LTD
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:37 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Surtain isn’t untouchable, but the return for him needs to be substantial. As in, more than what we spent to draft him.
It reminds me of the story of the baseball player that had a great season for a cellar dweller about 70 years ago or so. He went to the GM and demanded a big raise or he would hold out. The GM immediately started making calls to trade him while the player was sitting there. The player wanted to know what the hell he was doing and the GM told him "We finished last with you. I'm sure we can finish last without you."

There shouldn't be anyone on the Denver roster that can't be traded. They've been trying the quick fixes for years and gotten nothing. A complete rebuild will be easier and faster if they trade the players that are actually talented.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:46 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
It reminds me of the story of the baseball player that had a great season for a cellar dweller about 70 years ago or so. He went to the GM and demanded a big raise or he would hold out. The GM immediately started making calls to trade him while the player was sitting there. The player wanted to know what the hell he was doing and the GM told him "We finished last with you. I'm sure we can finish last without you."

There shouldn't be anyone on the Denver roster that can't be traded. They've been trying the quick fixes for years and gotten nothing. A complete rebuild will be easier and faster if they trade the players that are actually talented.
Rebuilds only work if you have a good GM, which Denver clearly does not. But I agree, no one should be off the table.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:54 PM 09-27-2023

I wouldn’t expect the Chiefs to be interested. A team like the Cowboys, who depend on defense to win games and just lost their star CB, would be a different story.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:04 PM 09-27-2023
I wouldn’t expect the Chiefs to be interested. A team like the Cowboys, who depend on defense to win games and just lost their star CB, would be a different story.
Hmm. They did want him really bad too IIRC.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:21 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I agree. Jeudy value and perception would explode with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:40 PM 09-27-2023
Sure, if you would trade Mahomes for Wilson, Sutton, Gregory and a third. That's 3 starters and a pick!
I was just offering up what falls in line with what your GM normally does. Veach would NEVER!!
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:47 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I was just offering up what falls in line with what your GM normally does. Veach would NEVER!!
My GM for only the next 4 months, hopefully.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:17 PM 09-27-2023
My GM for only the next 4 months, hopefully.
I don't know. Elway lasted quite a while.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:21 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah people just hate the Broncos bc they are rivals. Surtain is one of the better corners to come out recently. He's absolutely worth a 1st in a trade if he signs a LTD
Would rather just let Veach continue to pick badass CBs out of the mid-to-late rounds, TBH.

Are any of them true "shutdown" guys? No, but true shutdown CBs are a little overrated. They can't really raise the overall quality of a defense like a badass pass rusher (interior or exterior), safety, or even LB can.

Yes, I said LB. The Chiefs defense has been pretty good ever since we cut Hitchens and made Bolton the starter in the middle. Think that's just a coincidence?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:31 PM 09-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
C'mon Sean get your guys on a 2 game win streak so you can start pushing yourself out of the Caleb Williams/Drake Maye race
Stop pissing your pants over those 2. We have Mahomes, no one scares me. Just stop...
[Reply]
Page 4504 of 4939
« First < 3504400444044454449445004501450245034504 4505450645074508451445544604 > Last »
Up