ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 82
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:34 AM 06-22-2023
Ok... that back pointy thing that was found is apparently just a hull cover and not at all structural.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:39 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Ok... that back pointy thing that was found is apparently just a hull cover and not at all structural.
Source?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:39 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - the world's always had guys who are willing to risk it all. When it works they're celebrated. I don't really think they should be mocked when it doesn't.
In high school I asked one of the hottest chicks in my grade out. She declined. But I grabbed her boob leaving, so I'm still a winner.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:41 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Source?
Watching a link provided earlier in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyt7qDPiQWY
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:42 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Twitter is retarded..... and now someone will pick this up as fact and tweet out "sources say...".

Fucking retards.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:42 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
In high school I asked one of the hottest chicks in my grade out. She declined. But I grabbed her boob leaving, so I'm still a winner.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:43 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
If that's the case, how dafuq did it come off intact.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:45 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If that's the case, how dafuq did it come off intact.
If it didn’t implode and they released it as apart of a way to reach the surface, that seems went wrong along the way going back up.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:47 AM 06-22-2023
Interesting interview with Josh Gates of Expedition Unknown. Great show. Apparently a few years back they visited this company and sub to potentially do something with on a Titanic show but after some test dives felt it wasn’t safe enough with enough data to support its overall design and materials.

https://youtu.be/T7gy3Sk1c6g
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:50 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:

Did you leave behind a debris field?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 06-22-2023
Last I checked we made fun of little girls getting their feet chopped off on a coaster. Why should this douchefucks CEO and his 4 dumb friends be any different? Especially given the fact they ran the folks out that were hired in the first place to tell them how stupid this expedition was and it at the very least needed rigorous testing first
[Reply]
tredadda 11:53 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
If that is the case I wonder what the banging was. From the sounds of it, the banging sounded like standard code to notify someone and not random noise.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:53 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Implosive news if true.
fixed it for you
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:54 AM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I did not realize this, but I have a pretty good radar for when a word feels wrong. Apparati seems like a reasonable word, but it felt wrong to me. So I figured I would go with either apparatuses or apparotomi per the hippo example.
This. I had to reply to ensure my approval and agreement was duly noted.

#Rainmanmatters
[Reply]
Valiant 11:55 AM 06-22-2023
I just don't know why they would not boat out the sub then drop it from there. Seems so much more logical than driving it from shore for days.

Sucks for the families.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 82
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up