ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 47
« First < 354142434445 4647 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Remegio… for depth or replacing Skyy..
I've been trying to think of a decent reply to this and....you know what....we're so fucked at that position rn :-).

There's no positive spin here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I guess at least for Adams because his game isn't speed he'll likely still be productive as he ages.
"As he ages" isn't particularly relevant.

He's carrying a $35 million base salary next season and has been a paycheck player his entire career.

He's not going to see that base and he's going to demand an extension anyway. And entering his age 33 season, the team that gives him that extension at the money he's going to demand will regret it greatly.

It won't be us.

If you trade for him, it's almost certainly a rental. That's partially why I don't think we'll do it.

The Commanders make the most sense. Rookie QB deal and a veteran WR that can really help him as he develops. They can pay him and be fine even if he's a diminishing asset.

We really can't.

So if you're Washington and are willing to give up a 2nd for him, that's fine because you WANT to extend/restructure him and you will. If you're the Chiefs and give up your 2 for a rental...well that's less ideal.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Adams deal lines up pretty perfectly for the Chiefs here.

They want our 2nd or the Titans 3rd?
The Raiders aren't trading Adams to us. Not in this lifetime or the next.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Balto:
How dare you post this!!!!
The OBJ talk is coming!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Don't have a clue what it would take, but Christan Kirk might be an option, since he knows the system/concepts already. Not sure he moves the needle enough either.
Kirks contract is a problem.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
This...I may be one of a small group that doesn't think it outlandish the Raiders could trade a disgruntled and 31 yr old Adams to a division rival. They may view him as a Trojan horse?
Even if they did, we'd pay a premium. I'm inclined to believe they'd trade him to ANYONE else for LESS than what we'd offer.

IIRC, wasn't there a rumor about the Chiefs wanting D. Johnson and the Steelers trading him to Carolina for less than we offered? I vaguely remember something about that.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:02 AM Today
And let’s be honest here: the Raiders fucking hate us. No way in hell are they even picking up the phone
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
I've been trying to think of a decent reply to this and....you know what....we're so fucked at that position rn :-).

There's no positive spin here.
Yeah, they're going to need to go outside the organization. This WR room simply isn't tenable long term.

Worthy needs loads of development before he's consistently anything more than a deep ball threat.
Hardman won't ever develop past that and the team doesn't seem to want to use him anyway.
Watson is the JAGgist JAG to ever JAG
JJSS is slightly more than a JAG but has paper mache in his knee.
Moore is genuinely fucking worthless and a net negative every snap he's in.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Kirks contract is a problem.

Figured as much.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wouldn’t trade anything more than our original 3rd rd pick. That’s it. Trading anything more for a rental WR leaving his prime is a horrible move..
I still believe that fixing mahomes makes the rental more valuable than it usually is. It’s a bit of a reach with what we’d probably have to give up here. But it changes what we’re willing to give up. I think the best thing we can do for mahomes is get him the most dependable guys we can and eventually he can trust his eyes and instincts again
[Reply]
Dante84 11:17 AM Today
If he's a rental and we let him walk, and he signs a big deal next year elsewhere, do we get a Comp for him, assuming we don't cancel it out with a splash signing of our own?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Adams deal lines up pretty perfectly for the Chiefs here.

They want our 2nd or the Titans 3rd?
Stop
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
If he's a rental and we let him walk, and he signs a big deal next year elsewhere, do we get a Comp for him, assuming we don't cancel it out with a splash signing of our own?
No. He's still got 2 years after this. 36 million per though so he's getting cut by any team that doesn't work out an extension with him.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:26 AM Today
As a Kirk fantasy owner I approve of trading for him.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:26 AM Today
So glad our coaches don't do stupid shit on Twatter...
[Reply]
Page 45 of 47
« First < 354142434445 4647 >
Up