ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 54
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** All things Fitness *****
penguinz 08:51 AM 01-02-2022
2022 getting and staying fit thread!
[Reply]
penguinz 01:54 PM 08-20-2024
Haven't worked out in almost two weeks and I am down almost 20lbs. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 08-20-2024
I tweaked my let elbow (again) and a few days ago I did something to my left hand, sharp stab of pain right underneath my first knuckle on the index finger, if I apply almost any pressure there. So most upper body stuff is out for a while.

Guessing I'm doing a lot of core, legs and cardio for at least a couple weeks. Any ideas for other stuff I can reasonably do for two-three weeks?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Haven't worked out in almost two weeks and I am down almost 20lbs. :-)

Wait, what happened? Why haven't you worked out? And remind me, because I'm a dumbass, why would you lose 20 lbs in two weeks?
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:16 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I tweaked my let elbow (again) and a few days ago I did something to my left hand, sharp stab of pain right underneath my first knuckle on the index finger, if I apply almost any pressure there. So most upper body stuff is out for a while.

Guessing I'm doing a lot of core, legs and cardio for at least a couple weeks. Any ideas for other stuff I can reasonably do for two-three weeks?
I'd probably just lower weight on stuff and see if higher reps is doable... and might be able to adjust grip some to at least help the index finger as long as the elbow isn't too painful.

I had tennis elbow for a while and went through cycles of avoiding workouts, avoiding everything, ignoring it... and what helped the most was light weights at the gym and not aggravating it throughout the day. It's been flaring up lately though, so I've started reducing weight on curls to pamper the shitty little bitch elbow.

Also found hammer curls don't cause any elbow pain in that case, but of course those would probably cause more of an issue on an index finger being at the top of a dumbbell.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:18 PM 08-20-2024

Cardio and legs. Go light any upper body and gradually increase but most important is you get healthy. Muscles have memory you'll bounce back
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:20 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Cardio and legs. Go light any upper body and gradually increase but most important is you get healthy. Muscles have memory you'll bounce back

Really hope so. Took a long dang time to get here. Would hate to have to climb this hill, again.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:48 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Now that is a real man. Not trying to live longer or impress chicks like you losers.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:50 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Now that is a real man. Not trying to live longer or impress chicks like you losers.
You're into daddy bears, eh? To each their own.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:52 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
You're into daddy bears, eh? To each their own.
We da best

And anotha one
[Reply]
penguinz 04:39 PM 08-20-2024
Wait, what happened? Why haven't you worked out? And remind me, because I'm a dumbass, why would you lose 20 lbs in two weeks?
Had a powerlifting meet so a weeks rest after and then went on vacation.

Good question... 4lbs or so is most likely dehydration. 4 days of eating about half of maintenance calories per day, for some reason I don't have an appetite when traveling.

There might be a possibility a change in supplements (a removal of one) has resulted in some of the loss as well.

Abs are sort of popping though so I guess there is one benefit.

Next month and a half is going to be brutal. Need to get back to where I was plus maybe 10lbs more.

Nothing more fun than eating a lot of food when you aren't hungry.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:46 PM 08-20-2024
Working out is not about living longer. It is about living healthier and staying capable.

Modern medicine only cares about increasing lifespan. Increasing health span doest put more $ in there pockets.

Whats the point of living long if you have to have assistance to wipe your own ass let alone get up and play with the grandkids and greatgrandkids?
[Reply]
penguinz 04:48 PM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'd probably just lower weight on stuff and see if higher reps is doable... and might be able to adjust grip some to at least help the index finger as long as the elbow isn't too painful.

I had tennis elbow for a while and went through cycles of avoiding workouts, avoiding everything, ignoring it... and what helped the most was light weights at the gym and not aggravating it throughout the day. It's been flaring up lately though, so I've started reducing weight on curls to pamper the shitty little bitch elbow.

Also found hammer curls don't cause any elbow pain in that case, but of course those would probably cause more of an issue on an index finger being at the top of a dumbbell.
One of the main causes of tennis elbow are weak forearm extensors. Get a set of these. They work great for fixing it.

https://www.amazon.com/ALPHA-GRIPZ-C.../dp/B07SBFWHX8
[Reply]
BWillie 05:24 PM 08-20-2024
Working out is not about living longer. It is about living healthier and staying capable.

Modern medicine only cares about increasing lifespan. Increasing health span doest put more $ in there pockets.

Whats the point of living long if you have to have assistance to wipe your own ass let alone get up and play with the grandkids and greatgrandkids?
I'm just messing around. Now that I am old I wish to live longer. When I was younger I used to lift for vanity. Now I just do cardio. Never thought Id see the day.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:48 PM 08-20-2024
Had a powerlifting meet so a weeks rest after and then went on vacation.

Good question... 4lbs or so is most likely dehydration. 4 days of eating about half of maintenance calories per day, for some reason I don't have an appetite when traveling.

There might be a possibility a change in supplements (a removal of one) has resulted in some of the loss as well.

Abs are sort of popping though so I guess there is one benefit.

Next month and a half is going to be brutal. Need to get back to where I was plus maybe 10lbs more.

Nothing more fun than eating a lot of food when you aren't hungry.

Ah, understanding now.

Lol, yah, sometimes I'm just not very hungry, and I'll skip a meal. Then try to make it up before the end of the week; if I skip more than one or two meals in a week, it gets kind of ugly.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:48 PM 08-20-2024
I'm just messing around. Now that I am old I wish to live longer. When I was younger I used to life for vanity. Now I just do cardio. Never thought Id see the day.
Strength training is 10x+ more important than cardio to live a full and healthy life.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 54
« First < 354142434445 46474849 > Last »
Up