ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
Shields68 08:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
He chose to leave Aaron Rodgers, a first ballot hall of fame QB, for Derek Carr.

Again....what did you expect was going to happen?
That he would play with his childhood friend. I think he knew he was choosing the money. But probably did not realize they would kick Carr to the curb for a worse QB situation.

But you also had a toxic situation with Aaron and the Packers going on. That relationship was pretty well over when he left. He wanted a long term deal. Aaron was not going to be there long term. Sure he could have played with a super bowl contender for less money or stayed with the Packers and knowing Aaron was going to leave in a year or 2 tops.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:28 AM Today
Do we have Hopkins for the rest of this year and next year on this deal?
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
That he would play with his childhood friend. I think he knew he was choosing the money. But probably did not realize they would kick Carr to the curb for a worse QB situation.

But you also had a toxic situation with Aaron and the Packers going on. That relationship was pretty well over when he left. He wanted a long term deal. Aaron was not going to be there long term. Sure he could have played with a super bowl contender for less money or stayed with the Packers and knowing Aaron was going to leave in a year or 2 tops.
More than leaving Rodgers, he chose to leave one of the most stable franchises in sports, for a dumpster fire organization.

The "Carr is my buddy" stuff was good cover for taking the max money. He took the money, then sulked.

"I've gotta get out of here" stuff played awful shitty on the Receiver show. It was a class NBA move.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
More than leaving Rodgers, he chose to leave one of the most stable franchises in sports, for a dumpster fire organization.

The "Carr is my buddy" stuff was good cover for taking the max money. He took the money, then sulked.

"I've gotta get out of here" stuff played awful shitty on the Receiver show. It was a class NBA move.
Packers offered the same money. So it was about being closer to family not being stuck in Green Bay for the winter. Which I can't blame him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
WTF is wrong with you people? Hopkins has 173 yards in 6 games with Will ****ing Levis throwing him the ball this year.

11 games to go I think he easily surpasses 500 yard with KC. Probably closer to 700.
Question for me is how heavily we want to use him right away. I’m as eager as anyone to give Mahomes the extra weapon but there’s a part of me that also feels like if we keep winning and create separation as #1 seed, we are in a unique position to load manage the hell out of Hopkins to make sure he’s fresh for the playoff run.

But for the playoff run I think we’ll see some very big games
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Packers offered the same money. So it was about being closer to family not being stuck in Green Bay for the winter. Which I can't blame him.
And yet halfway in that season he was wanting out already?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Do we have Hopkins for the rest of this year and next year on this deal?
Nope, he's under contract for these next 11-15 games here
[Reply]
fadeaway 08:49 AM Today
have we signed this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
DRM08 08:51 AM Today
The teams have not officially announced this deal. Hopefully we get something from them pretty soon.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:57 AM Today
Chain mover is all that should be expected & that's no small accomplishment
[Reply]
threebag 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Nope, he's under contract for these next 11-15 games here
Maybe the Mahomes Affect will start with DHop on the way to fourpeat.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The teams have not officially announced this deal. Hopefully we get something from them pretty soon.
:-)

Relax. It's done.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Don't be ignorant. He easily could have resigned Donovan Smith, or another veteran, before the season or any time sense.

And LT is the most important spot on the offensive line.

Mahomes also doesn't need a third ankle injury because the LT shouldn't be out there. Mahomes does need time to throw the football and go through his progressions.

But, sure, let's stop trying to get it right since we already failed so many times. Yep. That's smart.

Say it with me.

Donovan. Smith. Blows. Goats.

There is ZERO point to bringing in Donovan Smith other than injury to Morris.
[Reply]
wazu 09:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Relax. It's done.
Yep, totally 100% completely done.*

*Pending a physical.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 09:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Chain mover is all that should be expected & that's no small accomplishment
I love watching Mahomes scramble for those 1st downs on 3rd downs but hopefully having someone he trusts to let it fly to will save him a few hits that he doesn't have to take now
[Reply]
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Up