ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 173
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:09 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can we not with the "watch the tape" shit?

Youtube cut ups aren't "tape". Not really singling anyone out on that, just always grinds my gears.
No, but they certainly tell a part of the story. They're far from worthless.

You think the player is going to look different just because you're watching it from an all-22 angle or something?

You think we can't pick up on a sense of speed, acceleration, suddenness, size, playstyle, and a number of other established patterns through YouTube clips? That somehow that's going to look different if viewed at a different angle?

All-22 etc is great for watching schemes, watching routes develop downfield etc. Really breaking down the how/why a receiver is/isn't getting open. But it's not like we can't glean other information from basic broadcast cut ups.

What i will say though is you gotta watch the right shit. 3 Minute highlight videos aint it.

But you can learn a lot about a player by watching the full highlights, the 25+ Minute videos, along with any of the "VS" stuff you can find, i.e "Patrick Mahomes VS" will lead you to full game clips etc. And Senior Bowl drills are great too if that player has them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'll be just fine.

You dont see me bitching about Skyy Moore or calling CEH a bust.
CEH is a bust. I think he was too marginal athletically to overcome the injuries. I don't think there's anything controversial about that opinion.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:12 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
CEH is a bust. I think he was too marginal athletically to overcome the injuries. I don't think there's anything controversial about that opinion.
If you say so.

He's a disappointment for sure, mainly because of injuries. But a guy who's career average is 4.4 YPC and nearly 6 TDs a season even with all the time missed is hardly a bust. He just didn't live up to where he was drafted.

Veach seems pretty excited about him for 2023, so I guess you know more than Veach.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:15 AM 05-02-2023
If you say so.

He's a disappointment for sure, mainly because of injuries. But a guy who's career average is 4.4 YPC and nearly 6 TDs a season even with all the time missed is hardly a bust. He just didn't live up to where he was drafted.

Veach seems pretty excited about him for 2023, so I guess you know more than Veach.
:-)

We'll see what shakes out. Veach isn't going to shit talk a player that's currently on the team. That's just common sense.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:16 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

You think the player is going to look different just because you're watching it from an all-22 angle or something?

You think we can't pick up on a sense of speed, acceleration, suddenness, size, playstyle, and a number of other established patterns through YouTube clips? That somehow that's going to look different if viewed at a different angle?

All-22 etc is great for watching schemes, watching routes develop downfield etc. Really breaking down the how/why a receiver is/isn't getting open. But it's not like we can't glean other information from basic broadcast cut ups.

What i will say though is you gotta watch the right shit. 3 Minute highlight videos aint it.

But you can learn a lot about a player by watching the full highlights, the 25+ Minute videos, along with any of the "VS" stuff you can find, i.e "Patrick Mahomes VS" will lead you to full game clips etc. And Senior Bowl drills are great too if that player has them.
You can get a good read on a lot of players just watching their games on YouTube.

Safety is the position where All 22 is necessary because you can't judge their instincts without the larger view.
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 05-02-2023

Sure. I'm in agreement

Save for SR bowl drills. Those don't tell you shit, unless you knwo what the actual drill is trying to emphasize
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:21 AM 05-02-2023
Sure. I'm in agreement

Save for SR bowl drills. Those don't tell you shit, unless you knwo what the actual drill is trying to emphasize
The DB vs WR Senior Bowl drills tell you quite a bit actually. You get to see both the DB and the WR up close in isolated instances. It's a great way to get a feel for a player's suddenness and change of direction.

You could watch Cornell Powel's senior bowl highlights and see right away that he lacked a suddenness to his game that his peers had in spades.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 05-02-2023
There are highlights, then there are fulll games or cut-ups, then there's all-22.

They all hold some value, just to varying degrees, in terms of scouting.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 05-02-2023
The DB vs WR Senior Bowl drills tell you quite a bit actually. You get to see both the DB and the WR up close in isolated instances. It's a great way to get a feel for a player's suddenness and change of direction.

You could watch Cornell Powel's senior bowl highlights and see right away that he lacked a suddenness to his game that his peers had in spades.
Youre the one with a lack of suddenness
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:28 AM 05-02-2023
If you say so.

The CEH hate throughout the fanbase is way over the top. I'm not a big fan myself, but he clearly has some value, especially as a backup. Obviously they shouldn't have taken him in the 1st round but that doesn't mean he's worthless.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:30 AM 05-02-2023
Youre the one with a lack of suddenness

[Reply]

RunKC 10:33 AM 05-02-2023

I agree. It’s just Andy’s offensive system. It’s extremely complicated even for smart players.

I hope they can just mark out a defined role for Rice this year and stick to it. He’s not gonna get it all this year, but shit man get him some work. Need the guy to make a difference this year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:37 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Oh no it's the same shit when I was pissed we took Hardman over DK Metcalf or CEH over Tee Higgins.

Guess what sometimes he doesn't get it right
He took Hardman because of the Tyreek situation... Hell, if it weren't for Tyreek's situation, we most likely wouldn't have drafted a receiver in the 2nd, and we didn't really need a WR when we picked CEH and would have most likely been another position.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:40 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree. It’s just Andy’s offensive system. It’s extremely complicated even for smart players.

I hope they can just mark out a defined role for Rice this year and stick to it. He’s not gonna get it all this year, but shit man get him some work. Need the guy to make a difference this year.
I think it's completely up to Rice.

If he gets to OTA's, and then Camp, and just balls out the Chiefs will have no choice but to play him.

The Chiefs are a team that plays their best guys. It's up to Rice to force his way onto the field.

Im not a believer in the "Reid doesn't play rookies" and so forth and so forth.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:43 AM 05-02-2023
Stay in the ****ing draft forum then.

You think the asshole move is the majority of people that dont sit in the draft forum every waking hour are entitled to their opinion or able to have a conversation on a verified Chiefs pick when its made.

The real asshole move is a minority draft forum gremlin saying no one is able to discuss the pick unless they spent months discussing the player who may or may not have been selected by the team before it happened.
I don't think he is saying you can't have an opinion but that if you do it should be informed and generally speaking watching youtube highlights of a players college performance is a pretty shallow indicator of talent/character. Elsewise anyone could be a pro scout. I think it is important to understand there are people with more indepth knowledge of a player. It is okay to have an opinion but when a SME tells you that your opinion isn't valid for XYZ you should probably re-evaluate. Also, it's okay to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 173
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up