ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 46
« First < 344041424344 4546 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 07:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Hopkins has 11 games in the regular season here. Call it 10.5 for the short week this week. He could easily average 60 yards a game. That puts him at about 650 yards, maybe 3-5 TDs as a Chief. To me that’s being conservative. This an offense that moves the ball pretty well and I will expect a decent amount of targets for him.
Yep. He's a chain mover.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
D-Hop beats man coverage by running precise routes and pushing off at the last second to get separation. He's made it an art.
I think it’s more a matter of mahomes trusting his wr to make a play. Especially at Hopkins’ age it will mean Mahomes throwing to Hopkins even if he doesn’t technically look open because more often than not Hopkins’ bigger value is contested catches in man. Most QBs in the league have a wr who can work to get the ball. Mahomes hasn’t really had that on the outside. So it’ll be real interesting to see if Mahomes will embrace it. Some assume he’ll never be a chuck it up guy. I personally think he would but just hasn’t had the weapon most QBs have had to do it.
[Reply]
wazu 07:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Hopkins has 11 games in the regular season here. Call it 10.5 for the short week this week. He could easily average 60 yards a game. That puts him at about 650 yards, maybe 3-5 TDs as a Chief. To me that’s being conservative. This an offense that moves the ball pretty well and I will expect a decent amount of targets for him.
This is not in any way conservative, it's about as bullish as anybody could reasonably be. If he does this, then the trade is a home run. He can actually do quite a bit less and trade is still very good. He's been averaging less than 25 yards per game this year, and has injury question marks. 50 yards per game would represent a massive leap in production on a new team in a new offense.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 07:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So did Calvin Ridley magically fall off a cliff coincidentally at the same time, or does their qb just flat out suck in the new system?
Guess we will find out if he has according to MegaTron enough left for "700 or so yards in KC and 6-8 TDs".

I'll be happy as hell if he can stay on the field and contribute something. I trust Andy to find his weaknesses now and put him positions to succeed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
This is not in any way conservative, it's about as bullish as anybody could reasonably be. If he does this, then the trade is a home run. He can actually do quite a bit less and trade is still very good. He's been averaging less than 25 yards per game this year, and has injury question marks. 50 yards per game would represent a massive leap in production on a new team in a new offense.

I couldn’t put any less stock into this season’s performance other than to say when he’s actually been part of the game (only 2 with at least 5 targets or more) he’s done well, averaging 63.5 yards.

And it’s not like he’s really taking targets from anyone. He’s basically filling a complete void.
[Reply]
#1 Chiefs Fan 07:53 AM Today
I really think this is a bad trade. Mahomie will not throw to him.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by #1 Chiefs Fan:
I really think this is a bad trade. Mahomie will not throw to him.

Awesome first post I'm sure you're a super intense Chiefs fan

drink antifreeze
[Reply]
O.city 08:04 AM Today
Look around the league guys. There are about 8 teams that are serious operations, actually have a clue what's going on.

These WR's (all players really) want to max out their money, which I don't blame them a bit. But they take the max money, go to shit franchises then get upset when they aren't winning or having success.

Like....what did you expect was the outcome here guys? Devante, the Raiders haven't won in 30 plus years. Of course they're a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:05 AM Today
At bare minimum he can provide a red zone target for a team struggling to pass into the end zone, beat man for a team with one of the worst WR success rates against press, and be a decoy for kelce who is draped and worthy who could use some help.

Bare minimum.

Everything else is gravy.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Look around the league guys. There are about 8 teams that are serious operations, actually have a clue what's going on.

These WR's (all players really) want to max out their money, which I don't blame them a bit. But they take the max money, go to shit franchises then get upset when they aren't winning or having success.

Like....what did you expect was the outcome here guys? Devante, the Raiders haven't won in 30 plus years. Of course they're a dumpster fire.
As for Davante, I think he wanted to play with Carr. Then have Carr booted for Minshew and/or Aiden was a pretty big blow. He checked out after that.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:14 AM Today
I think we got spoiled by Kelce's and Hill's eye-popping season stats. In the current evolution (devolution?) of the Chiefs offense, I would be happy for receivers to just make key plays -- a critical reception on 3rd or 4th down, a game-winning TD. If that's their only catch of the game, so be it. And if it's a different "hero" each week, even better. The stats may not be there, but the wins will be.
[Reply]
O.city 08:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
As for Davante, I think he wanted to play with Carr. Then have Carr booted for Minshew and/or Aiden was a pretty big blow. He checked out after that.
He chose to leave Aaron Rodgers, a first ballot hall of fame QB, for Derek Carr.

Again....what did you expect was going to happen?
[Reply]
Shields68 08:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol Hopkins isn't going to be close to 1000 yds and 10 TDs. He will be lucky to have 400 yds and 5 TDs. He's not close to the same player he was even last year.
He has been battling leg injuries all year. The big question is if he is going to be 100% or not before the end of the season. Might be a good idea to give him this week off, learn the playbook etc.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
At bare minimum he can provide a red zone target for a team struggling to pass into the end zone, beat man for a team with one of the worst WR success rates against press, and be a decoy for kelce who is draped and worthy who could use some help.

Bare minimum.

Everything else is gravy.
Teams trying to figure out who to lock down between Kelce, Nuk, and Worthy is going to be problematic. Going to see single coverage a lot on 2 of those guys or a shit ton of zone which KC eats up.

I think Kelce and Worthy may be the biggest benefactors in this deal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by nychief:
500 yards would be a god send.

I'd take him just being a reliable red zone target.
WTF is wrong with you people? Hopkins has 173 yards in 6 games with Will fucking Levis throwing him the ball this year.

11 games to go I think he easily surpasses 500 yard with KC. Probably closer to 700.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 46
« First < 344041424344 4546 >
Up