ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 48
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
On several plays, Chenal took on both Kittle and Juszczyk. He'd start with Kittle, work him over, then move to Juszczyk. Totally screwed up several Niner runs.
And that completely ruins outside zone because now the FB isn't available to create the cutback lane. He has to maintain outside and the backside pursuit can finish the play.

Like I said, I think Chenal was our defensive MVP yesterday. And there's a ZERO percent chance I'd have said that in the 1st quarter of that game. It was such an "In Spags We Trust" moment that will be forgotten to time.

The decision to lean into a relatively inexperienced player like Chenal (essentially taking Tranquill out of the game) took massive stones and it just flat out worked. It was the right decision.

Spags deserves a shitload of credit for that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:48 AM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Leo had the game of his career last night.

I think he got at least a partial block on that PAT (I think two guys actually got a piece of it) and I believe he forced the fumble, though others say Pennell.

Also, he was WORKING George Kittle. There aren't a lot of guys who can take it to Kittle like that but Chenal did it. I really kinda hated the fact that he was out there instead of Tranquill but as the game progressed it became obvious why. Chenal was really messing up that outside zone because he was just crashing Kittle and eliminated the choices that McCaffrey had.

He was probably our defensive MVP last night.
I’ve been impressed with his physicality, of course, that seems to be his calling card, but what takes it to the next level is his athleticism. He does a great job of setting the edge, and even when he is out of position or has to gain some ground, he does a fantastic job of recovering enough and squeezing the ball carrier back inside.

He had a great play that highlighted all of his skills on a Deebo end around last night.

Guys just don’t have that hard of a nose and also end up as athletic as he is. It’s crazy.

He’s been a phenomenal role player and I have nothing but good things to say about him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:49 AM 02-12-2024
He even got hurt after one tackle early in the game, hunched over to gather himself, and stayed in the game to grit it out. Lots of respect.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 02-12-2024
Fantastic game. Feels like a guy poised to breakout next season.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:51 PM 02-12-2024

Leo Chenal: the highest-graded player in Super Bowl 58 (92.0) �� pic.twitter.com/TkL8PYjzOy

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) February 12, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:01 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
If I had to guess....Gay is gone and Tranquill will be back.
[Reply]
TLO 02:04 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If I had to guess....Gay is gone and Tranquill will be back.
I'm goof with this.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:12 PM 02-12-2024
This dude is a beast at the line of scrimmage. How many players in the league, regardless of position, can shed a block from Kittle, then shed a block from Juszczyk, then earn credit for the tackle on CMC? All in the same play?

He's not the fastest, or the most dynamic, or the most fluid mover, but there might not be a linebacker more difficult to block in the league. What a unique skillset.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:15 PM 02-12-2024
And that completely ruins outside zone because now the FB isn't available to create the cutback lane. He has to maintain outside and the backside pursuit can finish the play.

Like I said, I think Chenal was our defensive MVP yesterday. And there's a ZERO percent chance I'd have said that in the 1st quarter of that game. It was such an "In Spags We Trust" moment that will be forgotten to time.

The decision to lean into a relatively inexperienced player like Chenal (essentially taking Tranquill out of the game) took massive stones and it just flat out worked. It was the right decision.

Spags deserves a shitload of credit for that.
He did the same thing last year against the Eagles elite OL. I kept thinking Spags would use him like he did against the Dolphins and he did.

Man he really is a tank out there. You just aren't moving that guy and if he's got any momentum you're moving backwards.

You could tell the Chiefs knew when they would run by their formation and motions. On those plays Spags had Chenal ram into the G on the side there were trying to run to. He also had Sneed blitz to cut off the outside completely and force CMC back inside right where Bolton could tackle him due to Chenal destroying the blockers.

We just completely out worked those guys and figured them out after their trick TD
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:17 PM 02-12-2024
Yet another grand slam by Veach. Unreal.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 02-12-2024
Leo had the game of his career last night.

I think he got at least a partial block on that PAT (I think two guys actually got a piece of it) and I believe he forced the fumble, though others say Pennell.

Also, he was WORKING George Kittle. There aren't a lot of guys who can take it to Kittle like that but Chenal did it. I really kinda hated the fact that he was out there instead of Tranquill but as the game progressed it became obvious why. Chenal was really messing up that outside zone because he was just crashing Kittle and eliminated the choices that McCaffrey had.

He was probably our defensive MVP last night.
He was incredible. He's also a great example for why you take BPA, even when 1) it's not a position of "need" and 2) it's not a high leverage/impact position. He and Bolton were both great all night.
[Reply]
Cheater5 02:49 PM 02-12-2024
For a long time, my favorite Chief who wore #54 was Tim Cofield. Then it was Brian Waters. Then it went back to Cofield because Waters went to the Patriots in 2011.

As of this morning, can you guess who my favorite all-time #54 for the Chiefs is?

If you guessed Leo Chenal…you’d be correct!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:53 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was incredible. He's also a great example for why you take BPA, even when 1) it's not a position of "need" and 2) it's not a high leverage/impact position. He and Bolton were both great all night.
Especially, when you have Mahomes at QB.

Just get as many good players as possible and give Mahomes every chance to go win the game.

Reaching to draft a need will result in a lot of wasted capital. There are worse things than having too many good players at a single position.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:14 PM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Especially, when you have Mahomes at QB.

Just get as many good players as possible and give Mahomes every chance to go win the game.

Reaching to draft a need will result in a lot of wasted capital. There are worse things than having too many good players at a single position.
I said it all off-season. Mahomes+best 52.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:25 PM 02-12-2024
I thought Chenal was great last night, stated to notice him a lot in the second half. Really like him.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 48
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Up