ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 48
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 07:13 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Schwab was also, as I understand it, one of the politicians who smoothed the way for the company that built the park to do things the way it wanted during construction (which, coincidentally, involved bringing in their own construction firm from Texas - filled with illegal labor - instead of hiring a local crew as initially promised).

That's brutal.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s just insane.
Schwab was one of those "deregulate everything because what could possibly go wrong" clowns during the Brownstain administration.

The day his kid died, it was "elected officials" appreciation day at the park.....

https://www.mrt.com/news/local/artic...r-13637270.php

Originally Posted by :
State prosecutors didn't immediately return phone and email messages. They alleged that shoddy planning and maintenance led to Caleb Schwab's death on a special day for elected officials. Caleb's father is Scott Schwab, a state lawmaker who's now Kansas secretary of state.
Talk about Karma....
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:19 PM 06-01-2019
Do you fund the trip?
[Reply]
threebag 03:04 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Aren’t the regulations in Kansas pretty lax as well?
Yeah I think as long as there is an admission gate and tax revenue you're all good
[Reply]
New World Order 03:23 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Do you fund the trip?
:-)
[Reply]
redfan 09:04 AM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Schwab was one of those "deregulate everything because what could possibly go wrong" clowns during the Brownstain administration.

The day his kid died, it was "elected officials" appreciation day at the park.....

Talk about Karma....
What a head trip.
[Reply]
srvy 09:45 AM 06-02-2019
Heads up! It may be closed awhile.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:06 AM 06-03-2019
Schwab was also, as I understand it, one of the politicians who smoothed the way for the company that built the park to do things the way it wanted during construction (which, coincidentally, involved bringing in their own construction firm from Texas - filled with illegal labor - instead of hiring a local crew as initially promised).

That's brutal.

thats not really the way it works. Any liscensed GC can build something, no political involvement needed.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
thats not really the way it works. Any liscensed GC can build something, no political involvement needed.

Initial agreement was that they would use a local firm to build the park (not even a local union firm, just a local firm, period).

They backed off of that as soon as the park was approved. Schwab was part of the group of KS politicians who allowed them to proceed despite reneging on that early agreement about using local resources.

^ as told to me by a friend who works in construction in KC area, whose firm was not involved in the bidding
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:44 AM 06-03-2019
Initial agreement was that they would use a local firm to build the park (not even a local union firm, just a local firm, period).

They backed off of that as soon as the park was approved. Schwab was part of the group of KS politicians who allowed them to proceed despite reneging on that early agreement about using local resources.

^ as told to me by a friend who works in construction in KC area, whose firm was not involved in the bidding

I can't locate any articles about it, but it does appear that according to one article there were no property tax abatements issued. Not sure what other incentives may have been offered.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:52 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

Talk about Karma....
And then he turned his dead kid into a $20M settlement.

I'd call that a pretty good ROI. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
And then he turned his dead kid into a $20M settlement.

I'd call that a pretty good ROI. :-)
He needs the money considering he looks like a cancer patient.
[Reply]
srvy 11:26 AM 06-03-2019

That's brutal.
Kansas is a right to work State cant prevent out of state labor and contractors. You can bust the site for having labor without green cards. But we all know how that goes these days.

The City or County had to approve the building plans. Architects and Engineers had to sign and seal the design. The latter two should face the wrath.
[Reply]
srvy 11:29 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I can't locate any articles about it, but it does appear that according to one article there were no property tax abatements issued. Not sure what other incentives may have been offered.
Most likely the property had to be rezoned. I believe the waterslide exceeded the height restrictions in the area that required either a redesign or rezoning.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:01 PM 06-03-2019
if they don't reopen it will be a good deal on killer land
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:35 AM 06-13-2019
Cedar fair is acquiring 2 schlitterbahns in Texas with an option for KC. CF operates Worlds of Fun.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 48
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Up