ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 49
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:22 PM 09-15-2024
Ultimately it's one game, if Reid and company believes he can handle the position then I'd give more chances
[Reply]
KC Hawks 06:22 PM 09-15-2024
The only way Kingsley can improve is by playing. I'm sure Reid and co. will make adjustments.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:24 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I’m no Mitch Schwartz but yeah, he’s definitely right. It’s all technique.

He has some bad habits to break. Hopefully he can do it by the back part of the season.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 06:26 PM 09-15-2024
HBF
[Reply]
Bowser 06:28 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
And I think a not so insignificant part of it was Mahomes pressing all game. Failing to get a TD on that opening drive fucked with him the rest of the game. Was making some very uncharacteristic plays and it snowballed into the rest of the offense going off kilter as well.
Agreed.

Mahomes just isn't his usually Mahomes-ian self against Anarumo, for whatever reason. He's one of the few guys that seems to be able to scheme Mahomes into looking incredibly average, and that's not even taking into account that the entire Bengals team brings it against us like it's the last game they'll ever play.

I think (hope) Kingsley will bounce back from this. It was a learning experience for him today. Him and the coaches.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's a rookie, and he went against an extremely good DE today.

It was ugly.

It's the second game of the season.

If it still looks like that mid-season, then by all means, call Smith or Bahktiari.

This all day. He's a rook in his second NFL game ever. He was bound to have a 'welcome to the NFL game,' and this was his first. He needs to work on his technique, but he looks like he has the tools to be successful. He just needs more time. Let's just see how he does over the next 4-5 weeks before we start panicking.
[Reply]
Bump 06:33 PM 09-15-2024
he's my adopt-a-chief so I'm riding or dying with him, for the next 2 games and if it's all like that, I'm calling Smith. I think he'll be fine
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:13 PM 09-15-2024
Trey has always given us fits, even in the Fisher era.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:18 PM 09-15-2024
I'm not defending Kingsley, he looked rough today, but Hendrickson has a habit of making LTs and RTs rough depending on which side he lines up.

He'll (Kingsley) be better I think.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:21 PM 09-15-2024
Snore, let me know when he causes a loss
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:21 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed.

Mahomes just isn't his usually Mahomes-ian self against Anarumo, for whatever reason. He's one of the few guys that seems to be able to scheme Mahomes into looking incredibly average, and that's not even taking into account that the entire Bengals team brings it against us like it's the last game they'll ever play.

I think (hope) Kingsley will bounce back from this. It was a learning experience for him today. Him and the coaches.
Mahomes averages 250 yards and two td's versus Amarumo.

1. The first game he built a double digit lead and Spags's defense let Jamarr Chase kill us. We lost on a last minute field goal.

2. Second game Pat tore them to pieces first half, built a huge lead and then played a poor second half where him and Reid failed to adapt to Amarumo's changes. 275 yards, three td's and two ints

3. Third game Pat was dealing. Put up 223 yards and TD, plus he ran in a TD. We were in control until Kelce fumbled.

4. Fourth game Pat lost all of his receivers and was playing on a high ankle sprain. He still found a way to get 326 yards, 2 td's and rushed in a crucial moment to get the foul for the game winner.

5. Fifth game he got 245 yards and a TD playing with receivers with the worst drop rate in the league.

6. Today he was poor by his standards. 150, two td's and two ints.

He tends to put up 25 points on Amarumo on average with 250 and two td's. I'd say that's acceptable tbh.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:40 PM 09-15-2024

#Chiefs Kingsley Suamataia: “They gave me the challenge to be the left tackle of this team and I need to take it upon myself even harder…None of that should’ve happened in the first place. Bad technique in those reps. Definitely stuff I can work on” pic.twitter.com/P7kKqmTAOL

— Aaron Ladd (@aaronladdtv) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
TLO 07:41 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
I like his attitude. The kid will be fine. I wouldn't mind giving him a little time to learn, but game action is probably the best teacher there is.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:43 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Would love for Schwartz to come and mentor him 1 on 1. It seems like there is a ton he could teach Kingsley.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:53 PM 09-15-2024
This is part of the growing pains for him and he should improve as the season goes on. Not saying that he doesn’t need help until then, but it’s hard to expect too much from a rookie 2nd Rd LT in game 2. KC will not be in a position to draft an elite, blue chip, plug and play LT for the foreseeable future. They have to develop from within which is what they are trying to do. Let’s not forget that Fisher struggled for a good while before things changed and he was picked 1.1
[Reply]
Page 43 of 49
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Up