ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 58
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
RunKC 01:47 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You just have to wait to see who's available. Nobody could've predicted the McDuffie scenario before the draft.

There's a good chance that a guy like Fautanu, Mims, or Thomas Jr. slips into that range. When certsin positions are that deep, guys tend to fall lower than they should.
If the Chiefs have one of the LT’s highly graded and they are still there at pick 22, Veach better be calling.

I’d trade a 5th this year, our 2025 2nd and even our original 2025 3rd if it meant we got our guy (would still have 2 picks in top 75 of 2025 draft).

LT is the 2nd hardest position to fill for a reason. Getting one cheap for 5 years opens up a hell of a lot for us.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I will be very annoyed if we skip drafting an elite weapon to get a lower tier developmental tackle.
Ummm the entire purpose of trading up would be to avoid this.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:50 PM 03-23-2024
Remember who’s on the other side of this conversation
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:54 PM 03-23-2024
If it’s a legit plug and play LT, sure.

Those guys usually gone top ten.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:56 PM 03-23-2024
I feel like the most likely move is moving up for an LT. It’s our biggest hole. 5 years of high quality rookie contract LT play would be a critical part of Mahomes and Veach dominating/finishing out phase 2 of his career. It would also be huge for the transition when Reid and Kelce depart after the next 1-3 years.

It’s just… that’s the move to make this year, if there’s a guy they like.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If it’s a legit plug and play LT, sure.

Those guys usually gone top ten.
Troy Fautanu can 100% come in and start day 1 at LT.

Mims might struggle a little bit early on, but his upside is absolutely worth the swing.

It would have to be one of those 2 IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:05 PM 03-23-2024
Yup. Good WR’s are vastly easier to find than LT’s. Rice was a 2nd rd pick and Hollywood only cost $7-11 million.

These older tackles are big risks. Donovan Smith was injury prone and had a neck injury. We’re lucky he didn’t get hurt during the postseason.

It’s not sustainable to keep going down that path
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:10 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. Good WR’s are vastly easier to find than LT’s. Rice was a 2nd rd pick and Hollywood only cost $7-11 million.

These older tackles are big risks. Donovan Smith was injury prone and had a neck injury. We’re lucky he didn’t get hurt during the postseason.

But what about alphas?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:11 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Not sure we win the Super Bowl this year without shut down corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh, McDuffie already is one.

If we don't win the Super Bowl this year, it's not gonna be because we didnt keep Sneed. It'll very likely be for other reasons.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:25 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Chiefs have found 1 good WR in the draft in 6 years.

Maybe not as easy as you say it is?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:27 PM 03-23-2024
Troy Fautanu can 100% come in and start day 1 at LT.

Mims might struggle a little bit early on, but his upside is absolutely worth the swing.

It would have to be one of those 2 IMO.
Fautanu-Ok, then how are we going to be in position to get him?

Mims by your description doesn't sound different than similar talents in the 2nd round.

Usually don't spend 1st picks on projects.
[Reply]
milkshock 02:41 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Uh, McDuffie already is one.

If we don't win the Super Bowl this year, it's not gonna be because we didnt keep Sneed. It'll very likely be for other reasons.

I meant the Super Bowl we just won. We needed both corners to win it I believe

[Reply]
Hayneplane 02:53 PM 03-23-2024
Feels like really poor compensation on the trade but I think there was an element of the organisation doing right by their player who has earned a relative pittance compared to his play in his 4 years as a Chief and will surely go into the ring of honor after retirement.

Would have loved to keep Sneed long term but I am still going to want him to be successful except when facing KC.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:55 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
I meant the Super Bowl we just won. We needed both corners to win it I believe

What people miss from that game is Josh Williams was lock down, he was in Aiyuk several times and blanketed him.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 02:57 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I do.

Sneed's a really good player, no doubt. We still have a loaded secondary, and IF they bring back Danna (or a comp player), the only big missing piece is the one spot where we're stacked with good young talent.

Combined with an offense that just added a legit WR, year two of Rice, which should have the defense in better position than they often did this year, and yeah, I think it's a top 5 unit.
Fair enough, appreciate the thoughts. I am sure it has been said in this thread, but if this was a 24 3rd and 25 7th swap, everyone would be happy. The wait sucks. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of years.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 58
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up