ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 49
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:05 PM 09-15-2024
I mean, not at all surprising. Hendrickson is a monster at DE. One of those players I wish WE had signed when he went to the Bengals.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:06 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
People who are students of the game and focus on the OL said he wasn’t great in week 1.

Maybe we don’t need to dismiss those people out of hand next time.

He’s a rookie. This will happen. But the floor was really, really low and almost single-handedly cost us the game.
He wasn't great in week 1, but nobody crowned his ass.

He had some very good snaps against Baltimore. That's what the encouragement was. Not the overall game, because yeah, he had some crap plays, too. And he had even more crap plays this game.

Let him learn.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 06:06 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I don't know what the fuck the offensive staff were doing with him. Trey Hendrickson isn't a scrub. 17.5 sacks last season and had 13.5 and 14 in 22 and 21.

Of course he's going to struggle against a top EDGE, and to leave him out on an island all game just to watch him get decimated is egregiously bad coaching. Really uncharacteristic of Reid and Co.
Call it what you want, but that's what the Chiefs expect of their LT's and every LT before him has had to deal with it.

He can either do it or he can't. His job is to win on an island.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Call it what you want, but that's what the Chiefs expect of their LT's and every LT before him has had to deal with it.

He can either do it or he can't. His job is to win on an island.
Okay, but when it becomes readily apparent he can't do it, the proper response isn't to just stubbornly bash your head against the wall hoping it works. That cost us against the Raiders and it should've cost us today. You can make mid game adjustments and help out the rookies when they're struggling that badly.
[Reply]
Coach 06:09 PM 09-15-2024
I don't know what the fuck the offensive staff were doing with him. Trey Hendrickson isn't a scrub. 17.5 sacks last season and had 13.5 and 14 in 22 and 21.

Of course he's going to struggle against a top EDGE, and to leave him out on an island all game just to watch him get decimated is egregiously bad coaching. Really uncharacteristic of Reid and Co.
I was just about to make a comment about that. I was a bit surprised that there weren't much 13 personnel to give Kingsley some help. Very disappointing.
[Reply]
Basileus777 06:10 PM 09-15-2024

He wasn't on a island all game, I saw him getting beat inside when his help was outside. That's on the tackle.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:10 PM 09-15-2024
I mean, welcome to the NFL. What else can ya say.

I want nothing more than to see him bounce back out there and keep ascending, but I don’t wanna chance the three-peat on it if the staff doesn’t feel a lot better about it right now than I do. This one’s got me stumped.

Guess the decision with Donovan Smith will tell the tale.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:12 PM 09-15-2024
This was a practice game for him. He'll get better every week.
[Reply]
TLO 06:14 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This was a practice game for him. He'll get better every week.
That's good. But while he's practicing, I don't want him to allow Mahomes to get murdered.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:14 PM 09-15-2024
Okay, but when it becomes readily apparent he can't do it, the proper response isn't to just stubbornly bash your head against the wall hoping it works. That cost us against the Raiders and it should've cost us today. You can make mid game adjustments and help out the rookies when they're struggling that badly.
He's a rookie, and he went against an extremely good DE today.

It was ugly.

It's the second game of the season.

If it still looks like that mid-season, then by all means, call Smith or Bahktiari.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:16 PM 09-15-2024
And I think a not so insignificant part of it was Mahomes pressing all game. Failing to get a TD on that opening drive fucked with him the rest of the game. Was making some very uncharacteristic plays and it snowballed into the rest of the offense going off kilter as well.
[Reply]
TLO 06:17 PM 09-15-2024
And I think a not so insignificant part of it was Mahomes pressing all game. Failing to get a TD on that opening drive ****ed with him the rest of the game. Was making some very uncharacteristic plays and it snowballed into the rest of the offense going off kilter as well.
I was thinking on this earlier as well.
It definitely seemed like he was pressing.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:19 PM 09-15-2024

His current technique leads to losses against a rusher like Hendrickson. If you watch my YouTube reviews you’ll see the left arm gets collapsed and he gives up the corner, then gets hesitant to throw the hand and gives up his chest. That’s technique, not traits. Aka he can do it. https://t.co/1HJCO4iSWu

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:19 PM 09-15-2024
And I think a not so insignificant part of it was Mahomes pressing all game. Failing to get a TD on that opening drive fucked with him the rest of the game. Was making some very uncharacteristic plays and it snowballed into the rest of the offense going off kilter as well.
Ok, bro. They benched him. They know they have a problem. It’s not going to be him out on an island there anymore. We realize they understand what they’re working with and we’re 2-0 after taking out the Ravens and Bengals.

Celebrate, bitches!
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 06:20 PM 09-15-2024
Only his second game. I don’t think we should give up on him.

I agree about bringing in Smith and have always promoted that. But I think it will be more
For depth and to provide a mentor. I don’t think he will play much better than Kingsley now, and as the season progresses, I expect kingsley will get better.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 49
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up