ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 48
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
InvinciBill 01:01 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
That is the former Secretary of State, Kris Kobach...the father of the kid who was killed is the new Secretary of State, Scott Schwab.
The Secretary of State is different than the Attorney General.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:55 AM 06-01-2019
Is this place ever gonna open again?

Their page is up but shows no operating schedule and you cant buy tickets....
[Reply]
Valiant 01:07 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Is this place ever gonna open again?

Their page is up but shows no operating schedule and you cant buy tickets....
I doubt it. While listing the page, no longer listed as an attraction. I don't see them ever operating in Kansas again. More as a fuck you than anything.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 01:15 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Lol, he’s a phenomenally bad attorney.

Sold a bunch of towns on unconstitutional laws against undocumented immigrants like he was peddling monorails.
That is the former Secretary of State, Kris Kobach...the father of the kid who was killed is the new Secretary of State, Scott Schwab.
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
The Secretary of State is different than the Attorney General.
The KS AG, Derick Schmidt isn't the guy who sold a bunch of towns on the immigration laws. That was Kris Kobach (Crisco Box if you use Siri), the (former) KS Sec. of State. Kris Kobach is a phenomenally bad attorney; he never wins, and the judge in a recent KS voter fraud case made him take a remedial course in evidence even though he had served as a law prof at UMKC. Schwab, the father of the kid who was killed, was elected the new Sec. of State.
[Reply]
eDave 01:16 PM 06-01-2019
I hear people lose their minds over this place.

Should be open.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:36 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I doubt it. While listing the page, no longer listed as an attraction. I don't see them ever operating in Kansas again. More as a **** you than anything.
Wow. Interesting, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
[Reply]
threebag 03:20 PM 06-01-2019
After everything that has happened I am sure heads will roll if they were to open
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:24 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
After everything that has happened I am sure heads will roll if they were to open
They're hoping that people will have an open mind.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:27 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They're hoping that people will have an open mind.
The breakneck speed of the rides concerns me.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:43 PM 06-01-2019
Any re-opening would be dead on arrival.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:57 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The breakneck speed of the rides concerns me.
I heard the speed will make it feel like it’s ripping you apart
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:30 PM 06-01-2019
The KS AG, Derick Schmidt isn't the guy who sold a bunch of towns on the immigration laws. That was Kris Kobach (Crisco Box if you use Siri), the (former) KS Sec. of State. Kris Kobach is a phenomenally bad attorney; he never wins, and the judge in a recent KS voter fraud case made him take a remedial course in evidence even though he had served as a law prof at UMKC. Schwab, the father of the kid who was killed, was elected the new Sec. of State.
Schwab was also, as I understand it, one of the politicians who smoothed the way for the company that built the park to do things the way it wanted during construction (which, coincidentally, involved bringing in their own construction firm from Texas - filled with illegal labor - instead of hiring a local crew as initially promised).

That's brutal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:40 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Schwab was also, as I understand it, one of the politicians who smoothed the way for the company that built the park to do things the way it wanted during construction (which, coincidentally, involved bringing in their own construction firm from Texas - filled with illegal labor - instead of hiring a local crew as initially promised).

That's brutal.
That’s just insane.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:23 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

That's brutal.
Aren’t the regulations in Kansas pretty lax as well?
[Reply]
srvy 06:35 PM 06-01-2019
That water park seems to be on the chopping block.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 48
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up