Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:29 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Frank Clark plays in Denver now.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Gotta figure out a way to just call him Uzi. He's replacing Clark...so it fits.

[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 09-12-2023
Can't wait for Omenihu to get back.
Attached: 15CF751C-9D00-4BE8-BA3E-E00C25E534E4.jpg (43.2 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:31 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I liked the strategy re getting speed late, only thing is...24. Not sure what the development curve looks like. Could be a really nice situational rusher, could be another Kaindoh.

FAU was exactly what I wanted from the available DEs.
If it takes him 2 years to develop and you get 2 years of some weird Bruce Irvin speed rush stuff at 26 and 27, you've committed robbery. And you can PROBABLY get him extended a year early to get ages 28 and 29 fairly cheaply if you think he's developed nicely.

I don't worry much about age past the 2nd round. Those are really '2nd contract' guys - folks who you calculate their return based on the second contract as well. 3rd round and after? Eh - churn and burn those bad boys. If you give me anything valuable on your rookie deal, that's almost always a win.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned - went to look Irvin up (couldn't remember if it was Irving or Irvin) and the guy was a 25 yr old rookie in his own right. he played last season at 35 yrs old. And never really did anything but run fast and blitz. He was as weird as a weird prospect gets but size/speed plays if the guy's not a moron. And frankly, Irvin kinda WAS a moron.

I'm not worried about it. Hell, I'm more worried about his weight than his age. Go steal some of them nuggies, BJ!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

via GIPHY

O.City: "Where is our cap space!!!"

Me: "Well we have like $30 million in defensive tackle inactive at the moment, that's like 15% of it..."

O.City again:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:38 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I daresay no team in the NFL will be receiving a shot in the arm to their defense like we will. Right before the tough part of the schedule hits.

It's gonna be nuts. A bunch of teams with next to no film on how we plan to use Jones and Omenihu.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I daresay no team in the NFL will be receiving a shot in the arm to their defense like we will. Right before the tough part of the schedule hits.

It's gonna be nuts. A bunch of teams with next to no film on how we plan to use Jones and Omenihu.
And everything we kindof envisioned?

It was before we saw FAU do THAT.

I mean that's just a baller fucking stunt right there. Have him do that and Omenihu twist around to the outside while Jones occupies a double team and GK just goes looking to collapse the right side....

HNGHHHHGHHG

Healthy and in sync, this DL is gonna be fuuuuuuuun. Oh it may still be shattered ass at stopping the run but who cares - run defense is boring.

Just get to 3rd and 5.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:42 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If it takes him 2 years to develop and you get 2 years of some weird Bruce Irvin speed rush stuff at 26 and 27, you've committed robbery. And you can PROBABLY get him extended a year early to get ages 28 and 29 fairly cheaply if you think he's developed nicely.

I don't worry much about age past the 2nd round. Those are really '2nd contract' guys - folks who you calculate their return based on the second contract as well. 3rd round and after? Eh - churn and burn those bad boys. If you give me anything valuable on your rookie deal, that's almost always a win.

EDIT: Well I'll be damned - went to look Irvin up (couldn't remember if it was Irving or Irvin) and the guy was a 25 yr old rookie in his own right. he played last season at 35 yrs old. And never really did anything but run fast and blitz. He was as weird as a weird prospect gets but size/speed plays if the guy's not a moron. And frankly, Irvin kinda WAS a moron.

I'm not worried about it. Hell, I'm more worried about his weight than his age. Go steal some of them nuggies, BJ!
Think the age thing is more a case of wondering what is possible at 25 and 26 that wasn't at 24. But i totally agree otherwise. I also just wonder what patience there will be and what they need him to show in his rookie year.

I think he's one of the few examples of the "get him in an NFL S+C environment" that might not be wishful thinking. Would be pretty sweet if he amounts to anything
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And everything we kindof envisioned?

It was before we saw FAU do THAT.

I mean that's just a baller fucking stunt right there. Have him do that and Omenihu twist around to the outside while Jones occupies a double team and GK just goes looking to collapse the right side....

HNGHHHHGHHG

Healthy and in sync, this DL is gonna be fuuuuuuuun. Oh it may still be shattered ass at stopping the run but who cares - run defense is boring.

Just get to 3rd and 5.
And the Bengals and Bills have shit offensive lines.

:-)
[Reply]
JPH83 02:00 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And the Bengals and Bills have shit offensive lines.

:-)
I would absolutely love it if our DL brutalises the Bengals OL
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:42 PM 09-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Agree.

Since the season has started he can't practice with the team or use team facilities, correct? Might take him a game or two to see everything he brings to the table. But the thought of those two together with the other pieces we have is pretty appealing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:55 PM 09-19-2023
https://twitter.com/zackeisen21/stat...03685805576646

Through two weeks, 2023 first rounder Felix Anudike-Uzomah has 4 pressures (tied for 3rd on the Chiefs) on 28 pass rush snaps.

That’s a pressure rate of 14.3%, second best on the team, only behind Chris Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 09-19-2023

Through two weeks, 2023 first rounder Felix Anudike-Uzomah has 4 pressures (tied for 3rd on the Chiefs) on 28 pass rush snaps.

That’s a pressure rate of 14.3%, second best on the team, only behind Chris Jones.
God I can't wait for Omenihu.

It's like Thanos getting the final infinity stone.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 06:56 PM 09-19-2023

Start this man now!
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Start this man now!
Et tu, Detoxing?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:01 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Start this man now!
Seconded!
[Reply]