ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 41
« First < 303637383940 41 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
DRM08 02:59 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Mahomes seems incredibly skittish currently. They'll take a couple token deep shots during the opening script and after that they seem to all but vanish.

Don't know if he's just mind fucked from the scrubs last year constantly letting him down but ideally they work this shit out sooner rather than later.
I think the constant changes at Left Tackle are messing with him, which speeds up his internal clock and leads to mistakes. He struggled in the early part of 2021 with Orlando Brown after losing Eric Fisher. By the end of 2021 and then all of 2022 (MVP season), he was a lot more comfortable with Orlando. And then he lost Orlando as a free agent. Replaced with a washed up/aging Donovan Smith for 1 year...

Now Donovan Smith is gone and you have two very inexperienced guys at the LT position. Worth remembering Donovan Smith was injured and Wanya Morris took 100% of the snaps in that disaster Christmas Day game against the Raiders last year. Patrick will get more comfortable with Morris & Kingsley as the months and years go along. That's just a matter of time IMHO.

In the short term, Patrick just needs to be more careful with the ball. If you aren't comfortable, throw it out of bounds or in the dirt.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:08 PM 09-25-2024
Why will Andy not put Mahomes under center and run out of an I formation on goal line situations. Steele at FB and Hunt at HB until Pacheco gets back. Both of those guys could take a hand off or play action would be super effective. Have a couple Tight Ends in there and we'd be cooking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:10 PM 09-25-2024
Or just straight Wildcat that shit
[Reply]
DRM08 03:10 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why will Andy not put Mahomes under center and run out of an I formation on goal line situations. Steele at FB and Hunt at HB until Pacheco gets back. Both of those guys could take a hand off or play action would be super effective. Have a couple Tight Ends in there and we'd be cooking.
It's worth a shot. The predictable run plays up the middle on back to back plays inside the 5 yard line have not been cutting it. Two straight weeks they effectively wasted 1st and 2nd down inside the opponent's 5 yard line.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:22 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Or just straight Wildcat that shit
Fuck no. I don't wanna see gimmicky shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:26 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fuck no. I don't wanna see gimmicky shit.
We've got Mahomes swinging out wide and Leo Chenal cosplaying as a FB. We're always going to have gimmicky shit once in a while with Reid. Sometimes it's cool as fuck and works. Sometimes it's an epic disaster that shouldn't be perpetrated ever again.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:22 PM 09-25-2024
FWIW I heard Nate Taylor and Nick Jacobs say it looks like Andy is just messing around with different things on offense which makes sense bc that’s what him and Belichick have done for so many years.They haven’t done many stretch runs this year either bc teams are defending it better.

I want us spread out in 11 personnel so if we decide to try to run on 1st or 2nd down in those situations everybody is not clogging the middle of the field.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 04:55 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mahomes bailing out of clean pockets is a bigger issue.
This happened in 2021 and 2023. He just got spooked sometimes out of a clean pocket. One of those weird things with him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:29 PM 09-25-2024
The offense has gotten way too comfortable with the assumption that the defense will close out games.

The 4th quarter vs the Falcons the Chiefs offense literally did nothing… two three and outs, and then the kneel downs possession.

No apparent sense of urgency to close the game out on offense, no creative or aggressive playcalling, etc.
[Reply]
TEX 05:31 PM 09-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW I heard Nate Taylor and Nick Jacobs say it looks like Andy is just messing around with different things on offense which makes sense bc that’s what him and Belichick have done for so many years.They haven’t done many stretch runs this year either bc teams are defending it better.

I want us spread out in 11 personnel so if we decide to try to run on 1st or 2nd down in those situations everybody is not clogging the middle of the field.
Soooooo much THIS!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:24 PM 09-25-2024
I want a 5 TD pass game...nooooow
[Reply]
Chargem 01:25 AM Yesterday
Seth Keysor noted they really should just run at the goal line out of a spread formation, and let their elite IOL win.. sounds pretty sensible to me.

There were ALOT of runs for 7-9 yards on first down in the Bengals and Falcons games.. I really think they need to get to more shot plays on 2nd and short if that keeps happening.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:34 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by O.city:
Cook is really good. I think you're off on that one.

They've got good young weapons. Guys get open.

The bigger thing is that Allen is....**** he's really good. Playing well.
I think you have to say he's the MVP frontrunner, this early in the game.

The Bills front office also crushed free agency and the draft. Every single cut they made has worked out, almost every contract they've issued has been a bargain.

No matter how things change, they stay the same: the Bengals and the Bills are looking like our toughest competition this year.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM Yesterday
Nah, just the Bills.

I think the Ravens are still good though too.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:35 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Seth Keysor noted they really should just run at the goal line out of a spread formation, and let their elite IOL win.. sounds pretty sensible to me.

There were ALOT of runs for 7-9 yards on first down in the Bengals and Falcons games.. I really think they need to get to more shot plays on 2nd and short if that keeps happening.
Part of the reason those runs work is because teams are playing two high to contain Worthy/explosive plays against us.

That doesn't matter any more if you're running inside the 5.

I think this team just needs to stop being cute, line up like they do between the 20s, and put the ball in Mahomes' hand.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 41
« First < 303637383940 41 >
Up