ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 45
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:35 PM 09-06-2024
Tackle played well
[Reply]
JPH83 03:50 PM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Agreed. And apparently he lost some weight this offseason to make up for the alignment tweaks, but if it means he can’t anchor the same, big mistake.

It’s very early but he’s definitely on a trajectory to not finish out this contract.
I think I might be the Taylor 'hater' on this sight. Aside from the needless penalties he is an awful run blocker and in pass pro...I just don't see it. He has quick feet, he mirrors well. He also, frequently gets walked back, imo. I rarely see that side not slowly collapsing in on Mahomes. He just isn't that strong. He does a decent job of not often losing fast, though he also has occasional lapses against stunts.

He costs a fair wedge and I don't think he's nearly worth it. He was the best available and we've won a SB with him, so ultimately whatever. But I don't see the appeal.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:02 AM 09-07-2024
Yeah he’s gonna need some help Andy. Get some chips and a TE shaded while he’s learning.

Every pass pro rep for Kansas City Chiefs Round 2 rookie left tackle Kingsley Suamataia pic.twitter.com/fng1I699KH

— Jacob Gibbs (@jagibbs_23) September 6, 2024

[Reply]
redfan 07:13 AM 09-07-2024
He'll be fine. Nice first game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:16 AM 09-07-2024
Yeah, that actually made him look a lot better than into the he did personally. Can count on one hand the number of reps where he actually impacted the play.

Had two really bad reps almost back to back, adjusted, then was more than fine the rest of the way.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:32 AM 09-07-2024
Ist game in the NFL for real against a very good defense. I can't bitch, well I could, but don't think it would fair to him. I think a sack and a couple of hurries was a good start and he knows now what good DEs look like. Lets face it, other than furious George, the Chiefs don't have any really good DEs for him to practice against. Steel sharpens steel and KC's DBs and WRs push each other. Working against average DEs doesn't present the same problems as a Henderson or a Cosby does iin a game.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:38 PM 09-07-2024

Finished up watching Kingsley Suamataia. I only saw 5 of 54 snaps where he would probably like to have back. He was on an island most of the game against a really good front 7 and he belonged. Some things are a work in progress but that’s expected as a rook. Thread below.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 7, 2024

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:55 PM 09-07-2024
Baltimore was the #2 defense last year, and Kingsley went out there and looked like he belonged in his very first start... in spite of the handful of mistakes, he was awesome
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 PM 09-07-2024
Not a OL guru at all, but it mostly looked decent. A few times I felt like he didn't beat the DE to the punch and let the guy get to his chest before he got off his punch, and i feel like he needs to work on his kick, just didn't look like he was getting proper depth a few times and allowed the DE to get underneath and around him, but overall he looked like an NFL LT to me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:22 PM 09-07-2024
I thought he looked pretty damned good for a rookie LT against a stout defense. He had a few plays they got him on, but he held his own for the most part.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:35 PM 09-07-2024
I find that tape to be pretty damn encouraging, honestly.

Definitely has his moments where he leans out over his toes too much and it causes his feet to stop. BUT nothing he does wrong isn’t fixable.

It’s not like Orlando Brown who will never have the foot quickness to handle good speed. Even Eric Fisher always struggled with power because he was relatively weak for a LT.

I think Kingsley has the strength and foot quickness to be really good against all rush types. And that’s one of those positions where reps and experience is especially helpful. I’d say he’s got a shot to be a Dion Dawkins type where you look up in five years and he’s a legit Pro Bowler. Not a lock, but the skill set is there.
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:48 PM 09-07-2024
He's a rookie 2nd round pick, even being a solid starter would be a huge win for this team. Patrick is used to covering up the mistakes of his tackles, the offense can survive him learning on the job.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:58 PM 09-07-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah he’s gonna need some help Andy. Get some chips and a TE shaded while he’s learning.

That's not what I saw...at all. I saw a guy hold his own most of the game on an island against an elite defense
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:11 PM 09-07-2024
I am actually shocked he is starting and playing as well as he is.

He was very raw coming out. The positives are that he will just get better.

And Schwartz's point that Mahomes covers up tackle mistakes, DUH.

That's why I never wanted to trade up for one or over invest in it. Get athletic guys that can hold up for a bit and that's all Mahomes needs.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 PM 09-07-2024
I want to see him vs Max Crosby
[Reply]
Page 40 of 45
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Up